1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Looking for Bios of Sapphire R9 290x Vapor-X 4 GB

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Firebolt, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Firebolt

Firebolt New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hoi Chummers,

I'm looking for Bios of Sapphire R9 290x Vapor-X Tri-X OC 4 GB. (Look: R290x, not R290)

In the database is not listed.

If anyone have both bios files, it would be nice to give it to me or put it in the database.

Ciao
    Firebolt

2. seanmac

seanmac

Thanks Received:

Hi Firebolt,

Do you have a reference card at the moment ?

You can find the Vapor X Bios here http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...pphire-radeon-r9-290-vapor-x-4gb-bios.201873/

Warning ! As Buildzoid said "Dude do not flash your card the tri-x runs the reference 5+1+1 VRM the Vapor-x runs a custom 6+1+1 phase design" This applies if you are trying to flash a reference or stock 290x with the Vapor X Bios.

If you do have a reference card (including the standard Tri-X), don't flash. You'll kill your card.

Are you trying to get a higher overclock or something like that by flashing a different bios ?

Edit : Woops, I know the original thread I posted was for the 290 Vapor X however, the flashing warning still applies if you currently have a reference 290X. If you still want to go ahead with it i'm sure someone here will have the 290X version Bios.

All the best.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  3. Firebolt

Firebolt New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hoi,

I read this thread but I didn't find any other informations about Bios and in the database isn't it.

Thx for infos but i've a Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X Tri-X OC 4 GB and looking for Sapphire R9 290x Vapor-X Tri-X OC 4 GB Bios.

Because i want to try to free the shader units.

So i need exact this Sapphire R9 290x Vapor-X Tri-X OC 4 GB Bios.

If anyone have exactly a Sapphire R9 290x Vapor-X Tri-X OC 4 GB save it with actually gpuz and tell what mode it is. 3 or 1 fan(s).

Ciao
    Firebolt

4. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Could also try the 290/X Owners Club thread at OCN; very busy and someone will have it.