• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Looking for drivers

Hi
Recently bought a Lenovo Thinkstation S30 PC to use as a cruncher for BOINC. It did have Win 10 Pro installed but that crashed when I did the 20H2 update....

So, I installed 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA drives. I have them set up as a RAID 1 array within the hardware - Intel RSTe.

When I try to start up the Windows 10 installer I get the message "No hardware found". I have tried to download drivers for this Intel chipset for Windows 10 64bit and offered them to the PC with no luck!

I know it would probably work with just one drive - no RAID array. But I'm determined to get RAID 1 working! I've never set up a RAID array before.

I have yet to try these drivers from here - https://www.win-raid.com/t2f23-Intel-RST-RSTe-Drivers-latest-v-WHQL-v.html

Has anyone else had this experience?

Jave.

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
Go to the device manager, locate the undetected controller, double click, choose "details", change "property" to "Hardware Ids", copy & paste here.

Well I'd do that, but I need to install Windows 10 first! It's stuck at the "choosing the destination drive" page.

Maybe I could install Win 7 first with the drivers off the Lenovo site. Then get the Hardware ID's. Then search for Win 10 drivers?

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
Then install any driver that works:

Option C

If its not Intel RAID controller, try MegaRAID:

Hey. I tried all those sources - but nope. Nothing wants to work. I even tried installing Win 8.1 to use the Win8 drivers, and same thing. The installer refuses to talk to the onboard Intel RSTe.

BUT I then tried to install Linux Mint 20.1. And voila! It recognised my RAID array and I started installing.

I'd prefer this PC to be a BOINC cruncher with Windows but Linux will do for now.