1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Looking for new RPG to play..

Discussion in 'Games' started by Violeta, May 19, 2008.

1. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:

Dude, I love you for that Oblivion link, I have been looking for something like that for a LONG time.

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Haha, yeah I know, someone else actually posted that a while back on this forum. I hadn't played for a while, but started up again w/ about 70 of those mods, including ooo. Fantastic stuff. Some of the links are broken now, but a simple google search w/ the name of the mod in question gets you there in a gif.

There is literally an endless supply of things to do in that game b/c it is open source. You could play for 1000 hours, and still not do everything there is to do in there.....

3. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:

Yeah, I just need to get some newer quest mods since I have done damn near everything and I will be gold. I cant wait to try some of these mods that I got.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Azazel

Azazel New Member

Thanks Received:
    reason i don't like 8 is the leveling system is kinda pointless imo...as all enemies are the same level as you...every time you level up...

5. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Doesn't really affect anything, the game is roughly as difficult as most of the others, perhaps a tad easier. All of the final fantasies are not very challenging, aside from the omega weapon in both VII and VIII, which are damn near impossible unless your a very high level, but optional.

6. Azazel

Azazel New Member

Thanks Received:
    omega weapons in 7 where not that hard imo...

maybe i played 7 wat tooo mush

without lucky 7 hehe :p

also i dont like how you only needed 4000 experience to go up in every level...didn't go up or down ....ever...

7. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Dungeon Lords + Expansion, I enjoyed this game a lot.
    Dungeon Seige = Titan Quest, just poorer graphics.
    NeverWinter Nights 2 : Mask of the Betrayer.

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The ultima and ruby weren't that hard in VII, but the emerald is tough (and optional). Ultima is not too difficult in VIII, but Omega is the hardest boss I have played in any final fantasy game (perhaps any rpg for that matter).

Yeah some people don't like the leveling of VIII, its not the pure lvl that is important though, its the magic linking (I can't remember what they call it) with the gf's that provide the true leveling. VII is similar in this respect, except with armour and and a different system.

9. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    thats the reason i think it is my fav it was my first..and the personal love story imo was a master peice along with the music made it a total suspense...then i played 7 and was like wtf is this? im playing a 6 year old boy?

10 Year Member at TPU 25 Million points folded for TPU
  10. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    :laugh: Yeah I was the same way when I started playing VII after that. VIII was such a fine experience beginning to end I don't think it could have lived up to it (being that I played the other first). And the music for VIII was absolutely masterful, I don't think many games have duplicated that. Once I got past my initial dislike for the cartoonish nature of VII though, there is quite a bit of good content there. More to do on the side in that one (I love the chocobu racing) and while I didn't enjoy the story as much as VIII, it was still a very well-developed tale with fantastic gameplay. It just comes down to what your used to really......

11. Azazel

Azazel New Member

Thanks Received:
    emerald is not that tough imo :p most ff ultimate bosses are not that hard...just take a long time to kill

12. Azazel

Azazel New Member

Thanks Received:
    ffviii has a great story :p just prefer 7 gameplay :p

13. farlex85

farlex85 New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol, your just a ff :pimp:. :laugh: Nah its not too tough if you spend the time to grind up to max level, I was never a fan of doing that though, so it made it rather difficult. And the omega in VIII, you have to be max hp for all party members. And unless your quick and precise, he can still knock your entire party out with one round. He's got instant kills, 1,000,000 hp I believe, and another move that knocks off 9998 from all party members (so unless your at max health, your dead). His regular moves take out about 1/3 to 1/2 of your entire party. Plus he's incredibly fast. Its almost cheap.

14. Azazel

Azazel New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol :p i do go mental in ff games.... i have to do everything in the game :p no matter what hehe :p

15. psyko12

psyko12

Thanks Received:
    Take a look at jade empire, although its kinda short but its cool. Fallout series... Hm I +1 on ppl who suggested FF 7 and 8 IMHO they're the best of the games that hit the PS1 until now they're still as popular.. Although loved 7 for it's gameplay and hated some parts of 8 because of junctions, and mushy stuff, but 8 has a very wonderful story. Wish 8 had materias rather than GFs.. Heheh oh and also I recommend you give Oblivion + expansion and mods another try!! A good game. Baldours Gate 2: Shadows of Amn is a-ok too.. :D

16. Dante7 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Of course Witcher (Best RPg 2007) ,Soon will be mass effect :/

17. kylew

kylew New Member

Thanks Received:
    No one's really said anything about FF9 :( (my personal favourite, most probably because it was the first I played in depth), not much about 10 either! I've been meaning to give FF7 and FF8 a run through, but I haven't really had the time lately, I've been playing FF9 on my PSP now and again though, and I've just started FF3 and 12 Revenant wings on the DS. I've completed FF10, and I've played about half way through FF10-2, FF10 being my second favorite out of the series, well, it's extremely close between 9 and 10, but they're so different I suppose you can't really directly compare them.

18. Violeta

Violeta New Member

Thanks Received:
    Are these on PC???

19. Azazel

Azazel New Member

Thanks Received:
    he only want pc games :p

20. kylew

kylew New Member

Thanks Received:
    She :D

Also, it's not strictly a PC game, BUT if you got the PS1 game of it, you'd be able to play it with an emulator on the PC, really, I'd actually recommend that over the PC version, as you can enhance the graphics somewhat using a PS1 Emulator. :)

21. Valdez

Thanks Received:
    i recommend these RPGs:

2D:
    Baldur's gate (1998) + expansion
    Baldur's gate 2 (2000) + expansion
    Icewind dale (2000) + expansions
    Icewind dale 2 (2002)
    Planescape Torment (1999)

3D:
    Neverwinter Nights (2002) + expansions
    Neverwinter Nights 2 (2006) + expansion
    SW: Knights of the old Republic (2003)
    SW: Knights of the old Republic 2 (2005)
    Gothic 3 (2006)
    TES 4: Oblivion (2006) + expansion
    Jade Empire SE (2007)
    The Witcher (2007)

10 Year Member at TPU
  22. Azazel

Azazel New Member

Thanks Received:
    SORRRY :p hehe.... techforum....so i just assume everyone is a guy :p

23. Violeta

Violeta New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah... I am female, but I let it go, because on another forum I corrected someone who called me a "dude" and all hell broke lose! He accused me of pointing out I'm female *only* so that more ppl would answer my post. Then everyone else jumped on the bandwagon with their opinions... some defending me, some flaming... then when someone called me a slut out of the blue my dear husband got on the forum all pissed off and... well, it descended into something I'd rather avoid... it's not worth it for such an innocent little correction, lol! You just don't know how ppl will take things!

24. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    that wont happen here we find females rare and most have only seen one on a pic they rendered in poser we find your wild card appearance quite intresting.

10 Year Member at TPU 25 Million points folded for TPU