• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Looking to pick up a new TV this weekend

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
I was in Costco yesterday. TCL 403 next to a Samsung 6950 (whatever costco's model is, its one below 710D or 7100). The TCL looked better for more darker / bold color then that Samsung. I'm glad I chose the 710D/7100 because WHEN Costco had them in stock, they did look better then the end 6 series.
Funny now Costco (its hard to find) no longer sells the 710D's.
Wasn't much of a verity to be honest.

Did you ever go get the Squaretrade TV Warranty in Costco to cover your TV purchased from that store you bought it at? (It is probably too late now)

Are you still running the movie mode settings from rtings?

What firmware version is your TV on please (just out of curiosity)

I just noticed something on my TV... would like it if you could look with your Samsung.
I have it connected via HDMI to a PC watching this video (EDIT: Deleted link: picture below) .
At exactly 1 minute 3 seconds of the video, the girls green eyes. I was standing up passing the TV as this video was playing and noticed her beautiful green eyes. BUT when I sat down and replayed that one part to look at her eyes, the green was not as vibrant as it was when I stood up.

Now I know that the viewing angles on this TV (and all others in this price range) isn't the best.. but sitting 6 1/2 feet STRAIGHT in front of the TV, that green didn't pop like it did if I stand up..

See if you notice the same Sit, Stand, Sit, Stand.. notice a difference?
Keep in mind, the video is in Default View...where you see other video thumbnails on the right side, and comments under it.. So its not full screen and its not 'theater' top half all video. It is regular.

Do you see at 1:03 paused (below is the picture)... her eyes are NOT as vibrant green looking straight on, as when you stand up and look down at an angle to the TV? When I stand up, her eyes are very green. (Which is the opposite of the effect of bad viewing angles).. which is weird.

It's why I'm asking this

Last edited:
Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
I was in Costco yesterday. TCL 403 next to a Samsung 6950 (whatever costco's model is, its one below 710D or 7100). The TCL looked better for more darker / bold color then that Samsung. I'm glad I chose the 710D/7100 because WHEN Costco had them in stock, they did look better then the end 6 series.
Funny now Costco (its hard to find) no longer sells the 710D's.
Wasn't much of a verity to be honest.

Did you ever go get the Squaretrade TV Warranty in Costco to cover your TV purchased from that store you bought it at? (It is probably too late now)

Are you still running the movie mode settings from rtings?

What firmware version is your TV on please (just out of curiosity)

I never got the squaretrade warranty since BJs gave me a two year warrant and if the TV does break down in 3-5 years time I would probably get a new one with better HDR (assuming costs keep coming down). My first two Samsung screens still run at my parents home and they date back 13 years and ten years so lets home my current three go as long.

Still running movie settings, still looks good.

I'm not at home right now but I did update my firmware upon purchase so I would guess the the latest version.

I just noticed something on my TV... would like it if you could look with your Samsung.
I have it connected via HDMI to a PC watching this video
At exactly 1minute 3 seconds of the video, the girls green eyes. I was standing up passing the TV as this video was playing and noticed her beautiful green eyes. BUT when I sat down and replayed that one part to look at her eyes, the green was not as vibrant as it was when I stood up.

Now I know that the viewing angles on this TV (and all others in this price range) isn't the best.. but sitting 6 1/2 feet STRAIGHT in front of the TV, that green didn't pop like it did if I stand up..

See if you notice the same Sit, Stand, Sit, Stand.. notice a difference?
Keep in mind, the video is in Default View...where you see other video thumbnails on the right side, and comments under it.. So its not full screen and its not 'theater' top half all video. It is regular.

Do you see at 1:03 paused (below is the picture)... her eyes are NOT as vibrant green looking straight on, as when you stand up and look down at an angle to the TV? When I stand up, her eyes are very green. (Which is the opposite of the effect of bad viewing angles).. which is weird.

It's why I'm asking this View attachment 123979

Did you try to recreate the issue through the youtube app via the smart TV?

I never got the squaretrade warranty since BJs gave me a two year warrant and if the TV does break down in 3-5 years time I would probably get a new one with better HDR (assuming costs keep coming down). My first two Samsung screens still run at my parents home and they date back 13 years and ten years so lets home my current three go as long.

Still running movie settings, still looks good.

I'm not at home right now but I did update my firmware upon purchase so I would guess the the latest version.

Did you try to recreate the issue through the youtube app via the smart TV?
No I forgot to mention, I looked at this on the TV via PC but the TV app itself .... it is NOT connected to the internet. I just redid my router and (actually forgot) didn't hook the TV back up to WiFi.