• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lorne Trottier Acquires Full Ownership of Matrox, to Lead New Era of Tech Innovation

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) Samsung U28D590 28-inch 4K UHD
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe
Power Supply Antec EarthWatts Pro Gold 750W
Mouse Razer Abyssus
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4
Software Windows 10 Pro
Matrox is excited to announce that Mr. Lorne Trottier, co-founder of Matrox, has acquired 100% ownership of the Matrox group of companies, including its three divisions—Matrox Imaging, Matrox Graphics, and Matrox Video.

"This next phase represents a renewed commitment to our valued customers, suppliers, and business partners, as well as to our 700 dedicated employees worldwide," said Trottier. "At Matrox, our culture is defined by our passion for technological innovation and product development. We maintain the highest degree of corporate responsibility vis-a-vis production quality and industry standards. I am extremely proud of our accomplishments over our 40-plus-year history and would like to thank my co-founder for his contributions."

Since 1976, Matrox has pioneered a number of innovative hardware and software solutions for an array of high-tech industries. Matrox will continue to be at the forefront of cutting-edge technology, and work closely with its global stakeholders to solve specific real-world issues.

"I look forward to championing a corporate culture defined by forward-thinking business practices, transparency, and teamwork. I am excited to lead this great organization as we implement growth initiatives. Matrox is a great Canadian success story. We owe this success and our bright prospects to the talented and dedicated people at all levels of this organization."

Matrox remains committed to customers, suppliers, and partners, diligently focused on delivering excellent products and customer service, while fostering high-quality relationships.

Stikeman Elliott LLP and Borden Ladner Gervais LLP acted as legal counsel to Mr. Trottier in connection with the transaction, while Canaccord Genuity Group acted as M&A advisors to Mr. Trottier.

About the Matrox Group

Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company based in Montreal, Canada, with offices worldwide. Its three divisions—Matrox Imaging, Matrox Graphics, and Matrox Video—provide leading component-level solutions, leveraging the others' expertise and industry relations to provide innovative, timely products.

Matrox Imaging is a leading designer and manufacturer of component-level hardware and software solutions for the machine vision, image analysis, and medical imaging industries. Among its products are frame grabbers, vision controllers, smart cameras, I/O cards, and powerful image processing development software for 2D and 3D as well as deep learning applications. Matrox Imaging is an established and trusted supplier to top OEMs and integrators worldwide.

Matrox Graphics is a global leader in AV/IT technology, offering best-of-breed hardware and software products for OEMs, value-added channel partners, and end users. Its award-winning portfolio of graphics and capture/encode/decode cards, AV-over-IP enterprise encoders/decoders, IP KVM extenders, multiviewers, and display controllers—coupled with flexible, easy-to-use, high-performance software applications and SDKs—delivers world-class content capture, real-time encoding, live streaming and recording, extension and switching, visualization, and control. Serving the Pro AV marketspace, Matrox Graphics is synonymous with quality, performance, support, and partnership.

Matrox Video is a leader in core broadcast technology, offering both PC hardware and software building blocks, upon which the industry is built. It delivers an unrivalled range of products to broadcast equipment manufacturers, comprising HD/4K-based I/O cards, ST 2110 NICs, and H.264 codec cards, all governed by one common comprehensive SDK. Matrox Video services professional broadcast and live production markets with encoding appliances for webcasting and remote production. Industry-recognized quality and commitment to customer support is at the center of its brand.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

bug

Processor Intel i5-6600k
Motherboard ASRock Z170 Extreme7+
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer i11
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 2400 G.Skill
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 128 and 256GB OCZ Vertex4, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 3TB Seagate
Display(s) HP ZR24w
Case Chieftec BX01
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
I remember drooling all over Matrox cards (and being unable to afford one), but with just 700 employees across three divisions, I have a hard time seeing them going anywhere.

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) Samsung U28D590 28-inch 4K UHD
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe
Power Supply Antec EarthWatts Pro Gold 750W
Mouse Razer Abyssus
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4
Software Windows 10 Pro
I remember drooling all over Matrox cards (and being unable to afford one), but with just 700 employees across three divisions, I have a hard time seeing them going anywhere.
They can at least become an AIB/AIC partner to NVIDIA or AMD. They already make multi-display cards with AMD GPUs. They can enter the gaming space with 700 employees.

System Name RyzenGtEvo
Processor Amd R5 2600X@4.1
Motherboard Crosshair hero7 @bios 2304
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu Monoblock Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3466cas16 16Gb in two sticks.
Video Card(s) Sapphire refference Rx vega 64 EK waterblocked
Storage Samsung Nvme Pg981, silicon power 1Tb samsung 840 basic as a primocache drive for, WD2Tbgrn +3Tbgrn,
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync, LG 49" 4K 60hz ,Oculus
Case Lianli p0-11 dynamic
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi
Mouse Roccat Kova
Keyboard Roccat Iksu force fx
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8056 vega 3dmark timespy
My first 3d card was a matrox m3d if i recall , it didn't have an output ,it ammended my onboard with polygon pushing power. I don't even remember a follow up product , shame.

Come on matrox you can do it ,make a new Gpu.

System Name The Big Black Smoked One
Processor i7-9700k, oc'd to 4.9 ghz
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix-E Gaming
Cooling CoolerMaster AIO 360mm push/pull Rad + 8x Corsiar140mm ML RGB Fans
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengence RBG pro DDR4-3200 (4x 8GB) in XMP 2x
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX 2080Ti w/15% o/c
Storage 2x WD Black SN750 1TB nvme + 2x 2TB Crucial SSD
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" LCD's @1920x1280 60hz
Case Thermaltake Level 20 XT
Audio Device(s) Built-in
Power Supply EVGA G2 SuperNova 850W Modular
Mouse Logitech MX5500 combo
Keyboard see above
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shiite turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores Quicker & Faster than flies on a dung pile
but...
but...
but...

will they finally introduce a video card that can play Crysis at 26,347fps at 116.287k resolution ? hahahah :eek: :roll: :D

IIRC, in their heyday, they were da bomb in con/prosumer video cards, unlike these little shitheaded-greedmongers we have nowadays...

System Name MoFo 2
Processor AMD PhenomII 1100T @ 4.2Ghz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV
Cooling Swiftec 655 pump, Apogee GT,, MCR360mm Rad, 1/2 loop.
Memory 8GB DDR3-2133 @ 1900 8.9.9.24 1T
Video Card(s) HD7970 1250/1750
Storage Agility 3 SSD 6TB RAID 0 on RAID Card
Display(s) 46" 1080P Toshiba LCD
Case Rosewill R6A34-BK modded (thanks to MKmods)
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Power Supply 750W PC Power & Cooling modded (thanks to MKmods)
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.

Same thing killed VIA and Cyrix, Cirrus Logic, and almost AMD/ATI.

Billions of transistors are hard to assemble with constrains placed by process and other manufacturing problems.

Our first fully designed and working AI chips would be a great investment for them to persue

Processor Ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard MSI B450M Mortar
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 2 x 16 GB Kingston HyperX 3200C18 @ 3533C16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 2070 mini
Storage Corsair MP510 1.92TB + Samsung Evo 960 1TB
Display(s) AOC U3277FWQ 31.5" UHD + Fujitsu P19-2 19" 1280x1024
Case Jonsbo U3 mATX
Audio Device(s) ATH-M50
Power Supply Corsair SF600 600W SFX
Mouse Logitech G500
Keyboard QPAD MK-50 mechanical
Software Win10Edu_64
I remember them being the first GPUs with multi simultaneous display outputs and back when analog signal quality was still an important thing, they always topped the charts in those rankings as well (c't was my magazine of choice back then and they loved them... for everything that wasn't gaming). They had a competitive-ish graphics card in the pre-Geforce days (G400 I think?). After that, it wasn't looking so good on the performance side of things. I don't see how they can catch up to be relevant in the modern mainstream space.

System Name Overlord Mk MX
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard X570 Aorus Master
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro
Memory Viper Steel DDR4 3800MHz 16-19-16-19-36
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 2080 Gaming OC 8G
Storage 1TB WD Black NVMe (2018), 2TB Viper VPN100, 1TB WD Blue 3D NAND
Display(s) Asus PG27AQ
Case Corsair Carbide 275Q
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Wooting Two
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/ztiub6
They can at least become an AIB/AIC partner to NVIDIA or AMD. They already make multi-display cards with AMD GPUs. They can enter the gaming space with 700 employees.
Why would they waste their time and money on that? That would just be foolish, considering they haven't been in that market for over 20 years.
It's hardly worthwhile going into that competitive market. Instead, they would have a better chance to stay in the niche markets they're in and build on that.

My first 3d card was a matrox m3d if i recall , it didn't have an output ,it ammended my onboard with polygon pushing power. I don't even remember a follow up product , shame.

Come on matrox you can do it ,make a new Gpu.
Had one of those too, they were going for little to no money at the end. They were quite crappy to be honest, but back then, it was amazing...
It wasn't so much that they didn't, as in PowerVR focusing on the Dreamcast instead, so there was no new product to use until much later.
The Kyro II was pretty decent at the time, but had a bit lacking in terms of support. The next one never launched as well so...

Same thing killed VIA and Cyrix, Cirrus Logic, and almost AMD/ATI.

Billions of transistors are hard to assemble with constrains placed by process and other manufacturing problems.

Our first fully designed and working AI chips would be a great investment for them to persue
Huh? VIA/Cyrix (VIA bought Cyrix) is still around, so is Cirrus Logic, so not sure where you're getting your facts.

Last edited:
System Name Space Heater MKIII
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Pro
Cooling Cryorig R1 Ultimate, 4x Cryorig XF140 fans
Memory 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 2+4TB Seagate Barracudas
Display(s) AOC AG241QX, 2x Dell 1908FP
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-1909 , Panasonic SB-PM19 speakers
Power Supply EVGA 750 B3, CyberPower CST135XLU
Mouse Logitech MX Master
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion Brown
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Geekbench 4 on i7: 14581 multi, 4225 single @4.5GHz (https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/8441992)
If it could mean another player in the industry, then I'm all for it.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
The parahelia was a flop though

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.V
Processor Intel 8600k@4.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 16 Corsair Vengeance White LED DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 1080Ti Gaming OC|Accelero Xtreme IV
Storage Samsung 970Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD Blue 1TB SSD|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300
Display(s) Asus PB278Q 27"
Case Corsair 760T (White) {1x140mm NF-P14s|1xCorsair ML120 Pro|4xML140 Pro}
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Z {AVR:Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150}
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900/G502
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
I still have a Matrox Millenium G200 and G400 tucked away somewhere....

System Name "The scratcher"
Processor i5-3570K
Motherboard MSI Z77MA-G45
Cooling watercooled custom loop
Memory kingston hyperx black 2x8GB
Video Card(s) GB GTX1070 G1 gaming
Storage several
Display(s) Dell 2708WFP
Case CM Cosmos RC1000
Power Supply CM UCP 750W
Software Win 10 Pro x64
¿where to begin?, that news release is so full of boilerplate bullshit i feel like i'm reading an EA apology.

• "Matrox will continue to be at the forefront of cutting-edge technology, and work closely with its global stakeholders to solve specific real-world issues."
    Matrox has been irrelevant in the consumer industry for 2 decades and they don't have anything even near the edge, let alone "cutting".
    About solving specific issues, yes, it's true, they're about the only company with a decent/complete multimonitor GPU for professional use(we're talking 6+ outputs on one GPU with fanout cables) which is where they've carved their niche, very useful for financial and medical, with good software support for that as well. Mainstream cards top out at 3 outputs at the most and support is spotty at best.
their nail in the coffin was the failhelia, that promised the world and was a monumental flop, after that they exited the GPU business completely.

Their G400 is still in use today in 99% of the servers out there, they licensed the GPU design to Avago and others and then those companies integrate it into their "super io/kvm/OOB" chips as the graphic card for the system, usually with 2 or 4MB of VRAM(shared with the rest of the ram for the chip, usually 64/128+MB), since every windows and every OS has out of the box drivers for the G400 and it's used only as a 2D "accelerator".

From the rest of the article it seems they have a firther niche in back-end and industrial systems, where they will probably remain as they're a very small company, like you guys said, 700 employees is next to nothing once you factor in administrative, sales, logistics, IT, leaves for a very very small engineering team. Hell nvidia probably has more engineers working on a part of a single GPU in one of their (several) engineering locations than matrox has employees

bug

Processor Intel i5-6600k
Motherboard ASRock Z170 Extreme7+
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer i11
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 2400 G.Skill
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 128 and 256GB OCZ Vertex4, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 3TB Seagate
Display(s) HP ZR24w
Case Chieftec BX01
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
their nail in the coffin was the failhelia, that promised the world and was a monumental flop, after that they exited the GPU business completely.
I think that wasn't as much a fail, as it was ATI and Nvidia outplaying everyone else. There were several players in the market back then and they all went under pretty much at the same time. Not to mention players that were getting ready to enter the market that were swept away as well (anyone remembers Bitboys?).

System Name "The scratcher"
Processor i5-3570K
Motherboard MSI Z77MA-G45
Cooling watercooled custom loop
Memory kingston hyperx black 2x8GB
Video Card(s) GB GTX1070 G1 gaming
Storage several
Display(s) Dell 2708WFP
Case CM Cosmos RC1000
Power Supply CM UCP 750W
Software Win 10 Pro x64
the parhelia was a fail, not because of comparisons to ati an nvidia at the time, but to itself, it could not do a fraction of the performance it promised priori to launch i vividly remmember that john carmack did a review of the card and even after some specific careful programming the card was faulty(as in design faulty) and that famed "512bit bus" was useless.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Intel i9 9900k @ Stock
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 @ DDR4-3400 14-14-14-34-2T
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2
Storage HGST UltraStar 7K6000 3.5" HDD 2TB 7200 RPM (w/128MBs of Cache)
Display(s) LG 32GK850G-B 1440p 32" AMVA Panel G-Sync 144hz Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) Onboard Toslink to Schiit Modi Multibit to Asgard 2 Amp to AKG K7XX Ruby Red Massdrop Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME 750W 80Plus Titanium
Mouse ROCCAT Kone EMP
Keyboard WASD CODE 104-Key w/ Cherry MX Green Keyswitches, Doubleshot Vortex PBT White Transluscent Keycaps
Software Windows 10 x64
where to begin?, that news release is so full of boilerplate bullshit i feel like i'm reading an EA apology.
It's a press release, so... Yeah.

System Name bits and pieces
Processor Intel 8086K
Motherboard Gigabyte z390m
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB for now
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 2080 AMP for now
Storage 280GB Optane 900P U.2 SSD + 4TB PCIe NVMe SSD
Display(s) BenQ 32" 4K monitor + Nixeus 27" IPS 1440p 144Hz
Case Silverstone Temjin TJ08B-E
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium HD --- Presonus Eris E5/JBL 4412/ Polk PSW505
Power Supply EVGA 850W plat
Mouse Corsair M65 pro
Keyboard Gigabyte K83
Software Win 10 Pro x64
I think that wasn't as much a fail, as it was ATI and Nvidia outplaying everyone else. There were several players in the market back then and they all went under pretty much at the same time. Not to mention players that were getting ready to enter the market that were swept away as well (anyone remembers Bitboys?).
one word: 3dfx

System Name 12 Wheeler Dump Truck
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard Gigabyte x470 Aorus Ultra
Cooling All stocks
Memory 32 GB Team Delta DDR4 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) XFX RX Vega 56 CrossfireX
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB + 12TB Toshiba
Display(s) Viewsonic XG3240C
Case Phanteks Eclipse P400
Audio Device(s) crappy onboard to heavily modded Logitech z5500
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 650TR
Mouse Logitech G 304 wireless
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software running many VM's
Benchmark Scores Who need bench when everything already fast?
It's been a decade I didn't hear about Matrox :D
I remember using Matrix SDI, their solution was top notch at the time. Sadly, since consumer GPU like AMD Radeon HD5870 are able to drive 6 monitor, their market slowly depriving. They surely will face ruthless competition since many consumer card can drive up to 6 monitor, embedded H.264 codec acceleration, cheapo Chinese card and streaming service like YouTube and Twitch which eroding broadcast platform.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 3 1200
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling AMD Wraith Stealth
Memory 2 x 8GB G-skill Aegis 3000 or somesuch
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 760 DCU2OC 2GB
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Blue 1TB x 2
Display(s) BenQ GL2450HT
Case Some old Antec
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + slightly modded Sony DR-ZX302
Power Supply Fractal Design Effekt 400W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX-Board 3.0
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores I once had +100 dorfs in DF, so yeah pretty great
If it could mean another player in the industry, then I'm all for it.
They are a player, not just in the consumer GPU industry.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD-9370BE @4.6
Motherboard ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 +SB950
Cooling CM Nepton 280L
Memory G.Skill Sniper 16gb DDR3 2400
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 1080 Gaming X 8GB
Storage C:\SSD (240GB), D:\Seagate (2TB), E:\Western Digital (1TB)
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark
Software windows 10
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Voodoo....

my first tech woodie was over a Voodoo (pre-Nvidia). upgrade from a Mystique.

System Name MoFo 2
Processor AMD PhenomII 1100T @ 4.2Ghz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV
Cooling Swiftec 655 pump, Apogee GT,, MCR360mm Rad, 1/2 loop.
Memory 8GB DDR3-2133 @ 1900 8.9.9.24 1T
Video Card(s) HD7970 1250/1750
Storage Agility 3 SSD 6TB RAID 0 on RAID Card
Display(s) 46" 1080P Toshiba LCD
Case Rosewill R6A34-BK modded (thanks to MKmods)
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Power Supply 750W PC Power & Cooling modded (thanks to MKmods)
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Why would they waste their time and money on that? That would just be foolish, considering they haven't been in that market for over 20 years.
It's hardly worthwhile going into that competitive market. Instead, they would have a better chance to stay in the niche markets they're in and build on that.

Had one of those too, they were going for little to no money at the end. They were quite crappy to be honest, but back then, it was amazing...
It wasn't so much that they didn't, as in PowerVR focusing on the Dreamcast instead, so there was no new product to use until much later.
The Kyro II was pretty decent at the time, but had a bit lacking in terms of support. The next one never launched as well so...

Huh? VIA/Cyrix (VIA bought Cyrix) is still around, so is Cirrus Logic, so not sure where you're getting your facts.

I meant out of the companies there used to be, only a few left are actually making the products they started with, Cirrus Logic was a 2D/kinda 3D chip maker. Now they do niche products as a fabless patent troll as does VIA.

I can't buy a new Cyrix, VIA, or other CPU that competes with AMD or Intel. Billions or trillions of transistors are hard to work with.

Display(s) Asus PG27AQ
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Wooting Two
Software Windows 10
I meant out of the companies there used to be, only a few left are actually making the products they started with, Cirrus Logic was a 2D/kinda 3D chip maker. Now they do niche products as a fabless patent troll as does VIA.

I can't buy a new Cyrix, VIA, or other CPU that competes with AMD or Intel. Billions or trillions of transistors are hard to work with.
Really? I guess you're not in the business then if that's what you think.

Cirrus Logic still makes ICs, maybe not for graphics, but they make plenty of audio solutions, many of which are used by Apple for example. Their products are also used in a lot of AV equipment, but hey, patent troll...

VIA CPUs are available and they're in fact busy developing new products at Centaur in Texas https://centtech.com/
They also have a partnership with Zhaoxin in China and offer a wide range of products there.
VLI is also a division of VIA and makes plenty of USB 3.x chips, but again, clearly a patent troll...

:banghead:

Display(s) Asus PG27AQ
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Wooting Two
Software Windows 10

You should have a look here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_defunct_graphics_chips_and_card_companies
Maybe you should also be complaining that Western Digital doesn't make graphics chips any more, since they used to make them back in the day.
In fact, that's what I had in my first PC, with a massive 512KB of graphics memory.