• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Low I7 3dmark Score

sut

HI

i have seen lookin around that some people are havin issues with a low 3dmark advantage score ( http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=84013 )

and it appears to be a result of NVIDIA PhysX, problem im havin if i run 3dmark advantage cpu test 2 i get a score of = 0 yes thats zero.

can you tell me is this a result of NVIDIA PhysX???

my system is as follows

17 920
3x2gig corsiar ddr3 ram
gigabyte ga-ex58-ud5
ati 5870

if the problem above is a result of this issue does anyone know how to fix it as i cant install NVIDIA PhysX as im running an ati card

thx for any help sut

Processor AMD Ryzen 3800x
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X-570-Plus (WiFi)
Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H110i
Memory 32 GB Corsair Dominator RGB DDR4 3200 Mhz @3600
Video Card(s) Asus AREZ RX Vega 64 Strix OC 8GB
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 TB
Display(s) Asus PB258Q 25" 2560x1440
Case Cooler Master Master Case 5 Pro
Power Supply Corsair RMx 1000
Software Windows 10 Pro 64
It would help if you could post a compare link to your Vantage score. However I believe it's not the score for CPU test 2 that's "0" but rather the framerate. That's normal it should be between 0 and 1 even with the highest end cpus as it's using the cpu to render the test. Those with Nvidia cards do score significantly higher in that test. But that's because the card's physx capability is rendering the scene and not the CPU, resulting in an artificially high CPU score overall. And because of this their overall vantage score will be higher as it's the graphic score combined with the CPU score that determines the overall score. Basically the nvidia folks are inadvertently "cheating" because Vantage doesn't disable GPU based physics.

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
Memory 2x4GB Mushkin Redline Ridgebacks
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 680
Case Coolermaster CM690 II Advanced
Power Supply Corsair HX-1000
It would help if you could post a compare link to your Vantage score. However I believe it's not the score for CPU test 2 that's "0" but rather the framerate. That's normal it should be between 0 and 1 even with the highest end cpus as it's using the cpu to render the test. Those with Nvidia cards do score significantly higher in that test. But that's because the card's physx capability is rendering the scene and not the CPU, resulting in an artificially high CPU score overall. And because of this their overall vantage score will be higher as it's the graphic score combined with the CPU score that determines the overall score. Basically the nvidia folks are inadvertently "cheating" because Vantage doesn't disable GPU based physics.

What the heck? That doesn't make sense at all. He even said he can't use physX with his GPU since it's ATi so please address his issue and help with his problem. Some part of his software isn't responding correctly. You should have a CPU score even without physX on test 2. Yes test 2 sees the most benefit from nVidia's PhysX, but no that doesn't mean it should be 0. Here's an example with my GPU, physX off.

::EDIT:: And there's nothing wrong with the physX portion of the Vantage test being enhanced by the GPU since that's what their GPUs do. It would be wrong however to look at the CPU scores when comparing scores between ATi and nVidia. Think about it.

What the heck? That doesn't make sense at all. He even said he can't use physX with his GPU since it's ATi so please address his issue and help with his problem. Some part of his software isn't responding correctly. You should have a CPU score even without physX on test 2. Yes test 2 sees the most benefit from nVidia's PhysX, but no that doesn't mean it should be 0. Here's an example with my GPU, physX off.

http://img.techpowerup.org/090930/03162009.jpg

::EDIT:: And there's nothing wrong with the physX portion of the Vantage test being enhanced by the GPU since that's what their GPUs do. It would be wrong however to look at the CPU scores when comparing scores between ATi and nVidia. Think about it.

I didn't say his CPU score should be "0" but the frame rate of the test itself should be between 0 and 1. I believe he's getting FPS and the actual CPU score which is determined by both CPU test 1 and 2, mixed up. That's why I asked for a compare link.

pbmaster

Processor AMD Phenom II 955
Motherboard Asus Crosshair III Formula
Cooling Cooler Master V8 CPU cooler, 120 mm and 200 mm exhaust, 3 x 120 mm intake
Memory 4 GB OCZ DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon HD 4890
Storage Western Digital 500 GB Blacks in RAID 0/ Wesdtern Digital SE16 250 GB
Display(s) Acer 19" widescreen
Case Antec Nine Hundred
Audio Device(s) Supreme X-Fi
Power Supply Seasonic M12 SS-700HM
Software Windows Vista Home Premium x64 SP2
Benchmark Scores 3dMark 03-~62k 3dMark 05-~22k 3dMark 06-18268
I didn't think Vantage measured the CPU tests in FPS, but rather Plans and Steps per second..even Binge's screen shot shows that.

I didn't think Vantage measured the CPU tests in FPS, but rather Plans and Steps per second..even Binge's screen shot shows that.

It does but if you watch the test itself the FPS display flickers between "0" and "1" yes the operations per second on CPU test should be higher than 0 for example my Phenom II 940 @ 3.5 ghz does about 18.5 or so Operations/sec on that test. I still think he was watching the frame rate and not the actual cpu score only a compare link will determine what's really going on. I'm just guessing it's a mixup of the frame rate of the test and actual operations per second.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
He wasn't using physx. Using physx boosts the CPU score.

I had a detailed post explaining this but sometimes this website lags out.. didn't go through. I don't want to type it again :(

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
Memory 2x4GB Mushkin Redline Ridgebacks
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 680
Case Coolermaster CM690 II Advanced
Power Supply Corsair HX-1000
This guy is different than the post he sited. Seriously this OP's post was confusing. I think it's a software error, and I'd like to leave it at that. Some people just don't understand basic software/english/writing... I hope they didn't graduate high school.