• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

lucid virtu i-mode

Does the virtu i-mode disable the discrete graphics card when not running any 3d gaming?

And does that mean the fans of the discrete graphics card will be disabled?

I dont mind the fans sound when gaming, its when i do other stuff it gets annoying.

Outer Heaven, built by me (Jakarta, Indonesia)
System Name ZEROSHIFT VIII : Olympian
Processor INTEL i7 3960x Extreme Edition
Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe
Cooling Corsair H80 AIO
Memory 32 GByte CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1600 (4x8GB)
Video Card(s) RX 580's (Crosfired)
Storage WDC Green 240GB
Display(s) An Old Dell 19inch
Case Bitfenix Ronin
Audio Device(s) Onboard Sound Card with a great Home theater speaker
Power Supply CORSAIR TX850
Mouse Logitech G400s
Keyboard Logitech G100
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 4500 Single / 7900 crossfire 3Dmark
Had a bit of problem with Virtu as well, I was thinking that I can connect the internal Vga to the monitor and leave the Discrete graphics not connected at all, but there were no picture.

So when I connected the Discrete, it worked fine, it seems that when you set the discrete as first accessed VGA, the internal just turned off.

There were some games where the Virtu just made it crash, but after downloading the latest version it worked well.

The main reason we bothered with Virtu was to gain additional performance, but if the internal was turned off, what kind of perf bump can I expect? was going to try the I-mode but I was too busy gaming to even try.

See my specs, if anybody want to see real results just tell me, I will post what I find, today is Tuesday here in jakarta, I will check this thread again tomorow, see you