• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

| LUMO |

The EK package arrived!

Lets start with the pump...

Now,im a well known advocate of the mighty D5 but this build doesnt have the space so I had to go with the DDC. As any watercooling enthusiast will tell you,there are caveats for running DDC's at high speeds,namely keeping it cool. The heatsink kit will go a long way in to doing just that.

If you are going to have a DDC then go PWM,your pump will thank you for it.

Fittings and rads were also sent....pics later,you have all seen fittings before but I made the fatal mistake of washing my black background with normal detergent and its ruined for close up stuff,the optical brighteners just shagged it proper for macro stuff...

Lesson learnt!​

Did a bit more striping on the finished top to tie it in too.

I have a new background coming tomorrow,a nice dark grey vinyl,should allow me to make dark shots without having to make severe adjustments to kill the background out.

Random Murderer

The Anti-Midas
System Name TOO MUCH RADIATOR! | The TV Box a.k.a. The Shoebox
Processor Core i7 4930K @ 4.5GHz | Core i5 6600K @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
Cooling Custom water on CPU and GPU, dual 360mm radiators | Corsair H80i
Memory 4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-1600 | 2x 4GB G.Skill RipJaws 4 DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) Sapphire AMD R9 295x2 | PowerColor AMD HD7970
Storage Samsung SSD 830 256GB, various others | 2x 1TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID1
Display(s) Dell U2713HM 2560x1440 IPS | Panasonic TC-L32E5 1080p IPS TV
Case Thermaltake Suppressor F51 (stripped down to hold two radiators) | Cooler Master Elite 130
Audio Device(s) RM-DAC -> Xiang Sheng 708b -> Sennheiser HD650 | HDMI sound device on 7970
Power Supply LEPA G1600-MA 1600W | Corsair CX750M 750W
Software Win 10 64
Benchmark Scores over 9000 BungholioMarks, "Bitchin' Fast"
Opinions welcome.​
It worked wonders, indeed. I especially like that it has a very subtle texture to it, it makes the smooth parts of the image, like the gloss paint on the fittings, really pop. Excellent shots.

I got deluged in posts on another site about the subject of me modding the fittings....and ,yes,I am.....:D

This was supposed to be for tomorrow....

No watercooling loop is complete without control and again I turn to Aquacomputer for their Aquaero 6 Pro controller,provided by my goto watercooling supplier,Specialtech.co.uk.

I decided against the touchscreen number,mainly as I normally just disable i anyway and this has a better look to it,just the screen and the 3 buttons. The heatsink is on route as we speak.

I love the functionality of the unit,particularly the IR on/off,it totally declutters the front and carries everything I would want to know about the state of the rig.​

Last edited:
System Name Chaos
Processor Intel Core i5 4590K @ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z97 MPower MAX AC
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer i30 + MX4
Memory 4x4 GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400 GT/s CL11
Video Card(s) Palit GTX 1070 Dual @ stock
Storage 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD + 1 TB WD Green (Idle timer off) + 320 GB WD Blue
Display(s) Dell U2515H
Case Fractal Design Define R3
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX750 Platinum
Mouse CM Storm Recon
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire Pro (MX Red)
Subbed for great justice.
Fantastic retina burner build, and I love the MoBo backplate + res functional combo idea!

I wonder how you'll deal with cabling, especially cable sleeving... Great job so far, looking forward to seeing more!

Keeping the updates thick and fast,the EK PE rads have arrived!
This is great as the trays should be in my hands this week and I need to start betting the rad/fan assemblies ready for on tray placement. I dont have a massive amount of room so thickness could be an issue...we will soon see how well i judged it.

Or not.

Thin but high FPI,just what I need!

The reason I went with these rads specifically is size and the ability to remove the sides for painting,black marbling will look very tidy with the graphics going over the top of it.​

The flouro plugs arrived!,the whole PSU is being decked out in Teleios Dark grey and those lumo plugs,

Should look good plugged into the exposed backside of the Aquaero...which has the heatsink arriving tomorrow also.

In Win provide a very tidy 240 rad holder that shrouds the fans completely...I like this very much so I called In Win and they sent a second shroud for the second rad,great success!

There will be an E22 FG03 going on to the face to tidy it up....

THE STAINLESS STEEL TRAYS ARRIVE TOMORROW!!!!​

System Name Bay2- Lowerbay/ HP 3770/T3500-2+T3500-3+T3500-4/ Opti-Con/Orange/White/Grey
Processor i3 2120's/ i7 3770/ x5670's/ i5 2400/Ryzen 2700/Ryzen 2700/R7 3700x
Motherboard HP UltraSlim's/ HP mid size/ Dell T3500 workstation's/ Dell 390/B450 AorusM/B450 AorusM/B550 AorusM
Cooling All stock coolers/Grey has an H-60
Memory 2GB/ 4GB/ 12 GB 3 chan/ 4GB sammy/T-Force 16GB 3200/XPG 16GB 3000/Ballistic 3600 16GB
Video Card(s) HD2000's/ HD 2000/ 1 MSI GT710,2x MSI R7 240's/ HD4000/ Red Dragon 580/Sapphire 580/Sapphire 580
Storage ?HDD's/ 500 GB-er's/ 500 GB/2.5 Samsung 500GB HDD+WD Black 1TB/ WD Black 500GB M.2/Corsair MP600 M.2
Display(s) 1920x1080/ ViewSonic VX24568 between the rest/1080p TV-Grey
Case HP 8200 UltraSlim's/ HP 8200 mid tower/Dell T3500's/ Dell 390/SilverStone Kublai KL06/NZXT H510 W x2
Audio Device(s) Sonic Master/ onboard's/ Beeper's!
Power Supply 19.5 volt bricks/ Dell PSU/ 525W sumptin/ same/Seasonic 750 80+Gold/EVGA 500 80+/Antec 650 80+Gold
Mouse cheap GigaWire930, CMStorm Havoc + Logitech M510 wireless/iGear usb x2/MX 900 wireless kit 4 Grey
Keyboard Dynex, 2 no name, SYX and a Logitech. All full sized and USB. MX900 kit for Grey
Software Mint 18 Sylvia/ Opti-Con Mint KDE/ T3500's on Kubuntu/HP 3770 is Win 10/Win 10 Pro/Win 10 Pro/Win10
Benchmark Scores World Community Grid is my benchmark!!
subbed, for an awesome build, so far!!

Can hardly wait to see it finished, then again, I am loving the piece by piece showcasing!
:toast:

subbed, for an awesome build, so far!!

Can hardly wait to see it finished, then again, I am loving the piece by piece showcasing!
:toast:

I like taking photo's,for me its nice to see the bits as they come together,keeps the interest in how its all going to come together.

The trays arrived yesterday and I got the marbling done today,this is still raw with no clearcoat so its a bit bumpy. I still have to smooth it a little with some wet and dry and then lots of clear,sanding in between to flat of the high points but fill the low. It will get depth and the clear will soften the edges of the marble.

The standoffs are bolt thru M3 from Wurth Electronik,11mm. This is so I can use the banchetto PCI clamps.

And the FG03 from E22 to go one the front facing rad/fan assembly.

So...The trays are painted and fitted with some 25mm spacers until the acrylic arrives.
Also,first time out for the grey backdrop with all that yellow!

Nate@e22 turned these around very quickly for me,I thought the renders looked cool but to see it in the case has made up my mind that I am on the right track.

I marbled the rad sides and made a graphic for them,jury is out as to whether I use it or not...thats a job for after fitment and a little look-see.

Due to the incredibly tight space in the frame,I reckon that if I use 20" of tube I will be amazed!

So a quick change of graphic and the assembly of the rad and fans can begin.

I may go a step further and do the intake edges as well as the surround of the fan grill.

As snug as a bug in a rug..Now thats tight!

I may have to break out the crowbar....

I will have to take this all into the loft for wider angle shots,my desk is not big enough!​

The tray was cut at the weekend and is on its way,in the meantime I started on the loom.
Dark grey Teleios sleeve from E22 with florescent yellow plugs should fit nicely.

Sadly I ran out of sleeve so its off more...

Im getting quite excited about the tray coming now,I will be able to properly assemble the whole tray and get those rads in. I hope I wasnt using my Chinese ruler that day......​

System Name Chaos
Storage 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD + 1 TB WD Green (Idle timer off) + 320 GB WD Blue
Display(s) Dell U2515H
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse CM Storm Recon
LOL @ the Chinese ruler remark! :D

I work at a company that orders LAN cable in bulk, 1000 ft spools. They all fall short, consistently, by 10-15 ft. No exceptions.

Chinese ruler. Brilliant!

LOL @ the Chinese ruler remark! :D

I work at a company that orders LAN cable in bulk, 1000 ft spools. They all fall short, consistently, by 10-15 ft. No exceptions.

Chinese ruler. Brilliant!

Ah,another Chinese engineering fan?

You would not believe some of the tat China has tried to pass to me......

System Name Chaos
Display(s) Dell U2515H
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse CM Storm Recon
Oh, from fake PFC coils, through copper-painted (actually, glazed with copper-colored transparent plastic) low-grade steel wires in cables, all the way to murky, cloudy plastic lenses in webcams, I've seen quite a few of the Chinese engineering wonders...

You're making some really nice progress on that rig, though, love it!

While im waiting for the doorbell to ring with the acrylic tray,I did a final mount up to see how everything fits and goes together,Im glad to say it went together like sticklebricks.

Here are some shots before the teardown begins.

The more eagle eyed will notice the bottom rad is missing its graphics,I had to switch it round as the GPU power and port clashed too much for a nifty recovery.

Thanks to Kier for donating the microcool PCI mounts!

Because the acrylic will be clear but frosted,the back of the res got a vinyl covering to make it pop more.

Thanks for keeping up with this log,its so close I can taste it!​

The tray arrived from PARVUM today!

Thanks again to Justin and Shaun,they turned this around quite quickly for me.

And with the infill in place.

Now to drill all the remaining holes and tap a few ports for the return feed and the pump outlet.
Once this is done,I will frost the rest and solvent weld the infill in place for a watertight seal.​

In the meantime and because im impatient....

This is why I put a background to the res.

Thats not the HDD im using,its a placeholder....I will put something fairly massive in as it will be a pig to change over....​

System Name Chaos
Display(s) Dell U2515H
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse CM Storm Recon
Are you planning on using a custom sticker for the HDD (once you decide on the one you'll use)? Would be a shame to just leave it stock, seeing how SSDs got some rather special treatment :)

Are you planning on using a custom sticker for the HDD (once you decide on the one you'll use)? Would be a shame to just leave it stock, seeing how SSDs got some rather special treatment :)

Yeah,something will have to be done,a desticker and coverup is the minimum....a window mod is being considered.
I CBA with dying drives tho......

New HDD has arrived and one side is done!!!!

Except for a de-sticker after the drive has been validated of course.

The fill port.

Im going to give up on trying to take photo's of the glass without reflections