• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lung cell images show how intense a coronavirus infection can be

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pcmasterrace, Lovely snarks. Let me be your guide;
  1. Masks do stop the spread, look to the third point as to why,
  2. You cannot wash your hand and be done with it, you have to use 'soap' as well, this is an enveloped virus, solitary water is effective only against unenveloped virus types,
  3. It is airborne up to 2 meters, by wearing the mask, we change the air jets, the mask turbulence makes air go swirly and slows its air velocity.

System Name boomer--->zoomer not your typical millenial build
Processor i5-760 @ 3.8ghz + turbo ~goes wayyyyyyyyy fast cuz turboooooz~
Motherboard P55-GD80 ~best motherboard ever designed~
Cooling NH-D15 ~double stack thot twerk all day~
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix LP ~memory gone AWOL~
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 ~*~GOLDEN EDITION~*~ RAWRRRRRR
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo (OS X, *nix), 128GB Samsung 840 Pro (W10 Pro), 1TB SpinPoint F3 ~best in class
Display(s) ASUS VW246H ~best 24" you've seen *FULL HD* *1O80PP* *SLAPS*~
Case FT02-W ~the W stands for white but it's brushed aluminum except for the disgusting ODD bays; *cries*
Audio Device(s) A LOT
Power Supply 850W EVGA SuperNova G2 ~hot fire like champagne~
Mouse CM Spawn ~cmcz R c00l seth mcfarlane darawss~
Keyboard CM QF Rapid - Browns ~fastrrr kees for fstr teens~
Software integrated into the chassis
Benchmark Scores 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
This thread is embarrassing :(

Okay, I said it before this virus has a quarter the error rate that HIV has. We have to put this into perspective;
HIV has 16 kilobases(16,000) while this virus(30,000) is right at the peak of rna virus genomes(32,000 max). So, having a single exonuclease can do wonders for its inheritance, you see: twice more complex genome with a quarter error rate is 8 times better transcription fidelity.
Actual tests indicate it can repair 90% of the errors, it really messes with the drugs used against it - it heals them even faster than its own errors.

System Name Sufficient Gamer
Processor AMD Ryzen 1600AF CPU
Motherboard MSI something
Cooling Yes
Memory 16 Gigawatts
Video Card(s) RDNA 5600-ExTea
Storage Some hard drives and some flacid drives
Display(s) Dellllllllllllll
Case Metal Box
Audio Device(s) Ears
Power Supply The grid
Mouse Squeak squeak
Software Windbloats 10
@pcmasterrace, Lovely snarks. Let me be your guide;
  1. Masks do stop the spread, look to the third point as to why,
  2. You cannot wash your hand and be done with it, you have to use 'soap' as well, this is an enveloped virus, solitary water is effective only against unenveloped virus types,
  3. It is airborne up to 2 meters, by wearing the mask, we change the air jets, the mask turbulence makes air go swirly and slows its air velocity.
They work in theory as long as they are of medical grade N95 or above, they work as long as everyone wearing them aren't making them useless by constantly adjusting them with their hands, touching their face, touching things in shops, on transport, other people etc and then they become useless, which is most of the time.... Even N95 masks become useless when you factor these things in, I see people messing with their face masks and touching things and then themselves on multiple occasions during a half hour shopping trip, not too mention most people are wearing little more than a cotton t-shirt over their face :confused: I'd rather not wear a cotton T-shirt over my mouth that I'm breathing in pathogens over a long period of time, when I am going to come into contact with many contaminated surfaces throughout a normal day, touching my face, touching surfaces, adjusting my mask etc,I'd rather trust good old mother nature who has been around for billions of years.

Hand washing should be made universal, it's basic hygiene, this has been proven for about 200 years when medical science revealed that soap, water, disinfectant etc were the key to fighting infection and performing successful surgery without dying from gangrene and blood diseases.

And of course the golden 2 metre rule, that get's thrown out of the window the minute you set foot in a supermarket or a bus, tube, workplace etc surely if the velocity was to change then the same particles might not be taking the same path but are very much still present and will indeed take another path depending on airflow and size of the space they are present in, other people nearby, surfaces etc?

I'd rather trust good old mother nature who has been around for billions of years.
Yeah, it is the same mother nature that has sprung this live petri dish experiment.
People get infected thinking there is a solid medium, if infection counts remain stagnant. That is just not the case, at each spread, the virus is getting more adapted to the host immunity. This is what a vaccine development is, in its inverse.

Cooling Yes
Memory 16 Gigawatts
Case Metal Box
Audio Device(s) Ears
Power Supply The grid
Mouse Squeak squeak
Software Windbloats 10
Yeah, it is the same mother nature that has sprung this live petri dish experiment.
People get infected thinking there is a solid medium, if infection counts remain stagnant. That is just not the case, at each spread, the virus is getting more adapted to the host immunity. This is what a vaccine development is, in its inverse.
Fair enough, I'd rather take my chances as a 40 year old than want to risk it with a vaccine that has been created, tested, trialled and rolled out within 6 months :D wish me well :laugh:

they work as long as everyone wearing them aren't making them useless by constantly adjusting them with their hands, touching their face, touching things in shops,
We should place soap+water dispenser stands, disinfectants work in 2 minutes general while soap and water is effective at 20 seconds.
You can touch objects, but you have to wash your hands with soap before touching your face.
Masks cannot be touched without altering their mesh structure. They have to be disposed at every 5 hours, or after 8 hours at a total of 5 intermittent uses.

Fair enough, I'd rather take my chances as a 40 year old than want to risk it with a vaccine that has been created, tested, trialled and rolled out within 6 months :D wish me well :laugh:
If you are scared of vaccinating, I can help.

Cooling Yes
Memory 16 Gigawatts
Case Metal Box
Audio Device(s) Ears
Power Supply The grid
Mouse Squeak squeak
Software Windbloats 10
We should place soap+water dispenser stands, disinfectants work in 2 minutes general while soap and water is effective at 20 seconds.
You can touch objects, but you have to wash your hands with soap before touching your face.
Masks cannot be touched without altering their mesh structure. They have to be disposed at every 5 hours, or after 8 hours at a total of 5 intermittent uses.

If you are scared of vaccinating, I can help.
I'm not scared, just a gambler and have wayed up my chances, but I will happily donate my vaccine to someone less fortunate but more gullible :) :laugh:

System Name MSI GP76
Processor intel i7 11800h
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Memory 32gb of 3000mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3070
Storage x2 PNY 8tb cs2130 m.2 SSD--16tb of space
Display(s) 17.3" IPS 1920x1080 240Hz
Power Supply 280w laptop power supply
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
Software lots of movies and Windows 10 with win 7 shell
Benchmark Scores Good enough for me
Shaming is not my goal, only establishing qualifications.

To be clear, I'm as unqualified as Joes hotdog shack on this matter, and there is no shame in recognizing that. That's why I pinged elsewhere.

Autism at work; don't block anyone. Confuses me.
Autism is a hell of a drug.
I'm partial Autistic aswell, my son has aspergers. But learning his condition has taught me alot about myself and explained lot of things when growing up.

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard Asrock Taichi X370
Cooling NH-C14, with the AM4 mounting kit
Memory G.Skill Kit 16GB DDR4 F4 - 3200 C16D - 16 GTZB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 OC 4 GB
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX 850M 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
Software Ubuntu 19.04 LTS
A good analogy is making photocopies only, instead of copying from THE SAME original document, you make a copy which then becomes "the original" for the next copy ... and so on and so forth. Continue to do this for long enough and you'll end up with something that has noticeable differences VS the "1st original".

This is roughly what a mutation is.

you cannot regenerate them once disease has remissed.
That's not entirely true. Individual cells and cells groups will regenerated and be repaired. However, the lungs as a whole organ will not be regenerated if removed or entirely destroyed.

It'll be interesting to see what effects COVID19 will have on the cell repair process.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
@micropage7 - Your thread has been hijacked by an altogether different debate. At this point, I don't see it bearing any fruit other than poisoned apples. I'm closing it but if you wish it to be reopened, please PM me. As to everybody else - the point of a thread is to discuss the original post. This is no longer happening, in fact the OP is more of an informative pic on what the virus looks like attached to the cilia of a cell found within the lungs.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.