• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

M2000M for Zbook 15 G3 vbios

M2000M for Zbook 15 G3 vbios - One from bios and second with added GOP

IMPORTANT: this vbioses doesn't contain NVGI header, which is important for initialization of graphics for driver.

Posting this vbioses for easy access

1647228931170.png

Attachments

• M2000M.zip
    63.4 KB · Views: 91
  • M2000M_GOP.zip
    131.4 KB · Views: 89
M2000M MXM updated GOP

Also GOPS and ROMS from Zbook G3

GOP ROMS AND EFI DRIVERS - Efi drivers are from Zbook G3 BIOS

Attachments

• M2000M_MXM.zip
    136.3 KB · Views: 88
  • GOP ROMS AND EFI DRIVERS.zip
    692.9 KB · Views: 73

g3llings

Hey bigguygeo... I'm very interested in the vbios. I am trying to run an m2000m in an HP Elite 8200 USDT... With any other vBIOS I end up getting code 43. So far using your m2000m_mxm.rom it shows up as "Microsoft Basic Video Adapter", and if I modify the Nvidia driver to install I get a black screen which is different than any other vBIOS. I noticed you said it doesn't have NVGI Header and think this may be my problem. How do I add that? I don't really know anything about vBIOS modding. Any help is appreciated!

Hey bigguygeo... I'm very interested in the vbios. I am trying to run an m2000m in an HP Elite 8200 USDT... With any other vBIOS I end up getting code 43. So far using your m2000m_mxm.rom it shows up as "Microsoft Basic Video Adapter", and if I modify the Nvidia driver to install I get a black screen which is different than any other vBIOS. I noticed you said it doesn't have NVGI Header and think this may be my problem. How do I add that? I don't really know anything about vBIOS modding. Any help is appreciated!
Yeah, I Know that problem.
The reason of this that this build is Missing NVGI image. That image is used to identify GPU by driver.

I have made some research, but have no time to test pathed image. Only unsolved is checksum byte.

If you have a programmer for unbricking, we can try to make NVGI image

Also keep in mind that motherboard should support mxm 3.1. And this new gen gpu, it could have problems with mapping registers. In fact, it can be unstable on non UEFI platforms

Last edited:
I think error 43 is related to memory addresses

System Resources
Memory Base Address 0 E4000000-E4FFFFFF
Memory Base Address 1 A0000000-AFFFFFFF
Memory Base Address 3 B0000000-B1FFFFFF
I/O Base Address 5 0

Latest NVGI header research reveals some useful info. The checksum byte is located at byte number 0x4, the checksum type is at byte number 0x7. So it can be sum = 00, or 80