• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mad Catz Announces New Range of Gaming Products for PC, Mac and Smart Devices

Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. ("Mad Catz") announced today a new range of products featuring the Company's new GameSmart technology. Initial products in the range include the R.A.T.M mobile gaming mouse, the F.R.E.Q.M headset, the M.O.U.S.9 wireless mouse, and the C.T.R.L.R wireless gamepad.

In addition to delivering leading edge gaming performance on PC, Mac and in some instances consoles, GameSmart products are designed to extend the core gaming experience to supporting smart devices. GameSmart offers mobile game developers and publishers standardization, ease of implementation and scalability when enabling controller and console-like accessory functionality in mobile games. GameSmart control products will function through the Bluetooth Smart stack, will be game and hardware independent, and will feature simplified setup, longer battery life and universal compatibility.

The R.A.T.M is the first mouse to combine Bluetooth Smart technology and a gaming grade laser sensor, providing market leading battery life, universal compatibility and the performance expected from a R.A.T. gaming mouse. Delivering up to a one year battery life, the R.A.T.M is compatible with a multitude of devices from PC and Mac through to next generation TVs and tablets. For devices that do not feature Bluetooth Smart mouse support, the R.A.T.M comes equipped with a nano dongle. For platforms running Windows 8 with native Bluetooth Smart mouse support, the R.A.T.M can be connected directly. The R.A.T.M features an adjustable palm rest, 12 action buttons (10 of which are programmable), and a power efficient 6400DPI twin-eye laser sensor. The R.A.T.M uses an all new Windows and Mac compatible drag-and-drop programming interface, allowing gamers to intuitively program commands with speed. In addition, the R.A.T.M is app-enabled, allowing for future configuration via a smart device app.

The F.R.E.Q.M is the first mobile headset in the F.R.E.Q. audio line, featuring rich stereo sound and a lightweight aluminum chassis which folds away for easy transport. The F.R.E.Q.M comes with two unique in-line cables, one for use with PC or Mac and the other for use with smart devices and some consoles; each providing the user with different functionality.

The M.O.U.S.9, with striking aesthetics based upon the Company's award-winning R.A.T. gaming mouse, has been simplified for everyday use and features new Bluetooth Smart technology and a laser sensor capable of tracking on virtually any surface, including glass. Delivering up to a one year battery life, the M.O.U.S.9 is compatible with a multitude of devices from PC and Mac through to next generation TVs and tablets. For devices that do not have Bluetooth Smart mouse support, the M.O.U.S.9 comes equipped with a nano dongle. For platforms running Windows 8 with native Bluetooth Smart mouse support, the M.O.U.S.9 can be connected directly. The M.O.U.S.9 features an adjustable palm rest and uses an all new Windows and Mac compatible drag-and-drop programming interface, allowing gamers to intuitively program commands with speed, featuring profiles for many home and office applications such as Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office. The M.O.U.S.9 is app-enabled, allowing for future configuration via a smart device app.

The C.T.R.L.R is inspired by the Company's critically acclaimed MLG Pro Circuit Controller and will bring console-like functionality to smart devices. Equipped with dual analog sticks, triggers, media controls, shoulder and action buttons, the C.T.R.L.R connects via Bluetooth Smart technology and brings a fully featured console-like experience to any compatible device. The C.T.R.L.R is app-enabled and can be configured via a smart device app.

"Our GameSmart initiative aims to enable core gaming on smart devices, similar to the console living room or PC gaming experience. We're committed to adding smart device compatibility to our core gaming products wherever practical and to playing a pivotal role in bringing core gaming to the mobile platform," said Darren Richardson, the President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. "We are excited about the new range and believe it fits perfectly with our long-term strategy of designing innovative products for passionate gamers."

The R.A.T.M, F.R.E.Q.M, M.O.U.S.9, and C.T.R.L.R are each expected to be available in a range of distinctive colors in early 2013.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
wow, a mouse that turns into a pair of headphones. Nice.;)

System Name Ultrabeast GX2
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 4.0GHZ 24/7
Motherboard Gigabit P35-DS3L
Cooling Rosewill RX24, Dual Slot Vid, Fan control
Memory 2x1gb 1066mhz@850MHZ DDR2
Video Card(s) 9800GX2 @ 690/1040
Storage 750/250/250/200 all WD 7200
Display(s) 24" DCLCD 2ms 1200p
Case Apevia
Audio Device(s) 7.1 Digital on-board, 5.1 digital hooked up
Power Supply 700W RAIDMAXXX SLI
Software winXP Pro
Benchmark Scores 17749 3DM06
From what I remember the RAT 9 received mediocre reviews from both reviewers and consumers alike. I was very disappointed because I loved the look of the R.A.T. If you don't have bluetooth (IE you have a desktop computer) you are shit out of luck.

I have never been a fan of bluetooth anyway.

System Name Raptor
Processor Core i7 13700K
Motherboard MSI Z690 Tomahawk WiFi
Cooling ArcticFreezer 420
Memory Corsair VENGEANCE® 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 5600MHz C36
Video Card(s) Palit GameRock 3080Ti OC
Storage M.2 Addlink S70 Lite , Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB, SanDisk Ultra II 480GB, 1TB seagate
Display(s) ASUS TUF VG27AQL1A
Case LANCOOL III
Audio Device(s) Realtek® ALC4080 Codec + Philips SHP9500
Power Supply Seasonic GX-1000
Mouse G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard ASUS CERBERUS
Software Windows 10
G500 FTW that's all.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Had two RAT 7's. Both broke in the same exact manner. RMA was a nightmare IF they replied. I never even got an RMA number to return it. Never again will I buy one.

What sucks is the RAT 7 was the most comfortable mouse I have ever had. I mean it was AWESOME........when it worked.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
Motherboard AsRock X370 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling
Memory 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3000 Mhz (Running at 2933)
Video Card(s) EVGA FTW2 GTX 1070Ti
Storage 740GB of SSDs, 7 TB's of HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UD58P-B 27” IPS 4K
Case Phanteks Enthos Pro M
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply EVGA 750 P2
Mouse Mionix Naos 8200
Keyboard G Skill Ripjaws RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro
I wish they didn't discontinue the R.A.T. 5 mouse, I don't need all the thrills of the 7 mouse. I thought these would be cool but they seem too mainstream for me. Plus I don't like wireless gaming mice anyways