• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mad Catz Ships S.T.R.I.K.E.3 Professional Gaming Keyboard for Windows PC

Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. ("Mad Catz") announced today the shipping of the S.T.R.I.K.E.3 Professional Gaming Keyboard for Windows PC.

Previously announced at E3 in June 2013, the S.T.R.I.K.E.3 is designed with the competitive gamer in mind, featuring a unique membrane key-bed designed to offer the full tactile feedback of mechanical keys but without the excessive noise or the need to 'bottom out' the keys.

Darren Richardson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz Interactive, stated, "The addition of the S.T.R.I.K.E.3 provides us with an eco-system of keyboards cementing our commitment to passionate gamers with a range that meets their budgets and exceeds their expectations."

The S.T.R.I.K.E.3 features a full RGB backlit key-bed, capable of displaying up to sixteen million customizable colors. In addition to full media controls and a removable wrist-rest, the S.T.R.I.K.E.3 features a total of twelve macro keys and three separate modes of operation, providing a total of thirty-six programmable buttons.

The S.T.R.I.K.E.3 is available in gloss black, gloss white and gloss red colors.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
featuring a unique membrane key-bed

NOPE. Not taking my money.
Also those so called "macro keys" are a laughable joke. Keyboard companies just dont try to be good anymore, they just rerelease the same old S*** over and over again with a different case and colour.

Look at the prettty colors. :wtf: This is a "professional gaming keyboard" as opposed to an overly expensive POS "membrane" style keyboard.

PR B.S. is for the gullible.

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard ASUS Prime X470 Pro
Cooling Arctic liquid freezer II 240
Memory 2 x 16 Gb Gskill Trident Z 3600 Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3060 Ti OC
Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500 Gb / 860 EVO 1 Tb
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G703
Keyboard Logitech G513
Software Win 11
This is by far the worst keyboard I have seen in a while no wonder mad catz is struggling

System Name Eldritch
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF X570 Pro Wifi
Cooling Satan's butthole after going to Taco Bell
Memory 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 6*8TB Western Digital Blues in RAID 6, 2*512 GB Samsung 960 Pros
Display(s) Acer CB281HK
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro PH-ES614P_BK
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar DX
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750 G2
Mouse Razer Viper 8K
Software Debian Bullseye
Blah blah light-up keys that blind you and more buttons BECAUSE KEYBOARDS DON'T ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH. I guess the general idea is that it's a piece of crap with extra features, much like a burnt cupcake with lots of frosting and sprinkles.

Processor Intel i5-6700K @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard ASUS Z170-A
Cooling Scythe FUMA
Memory 16 GB (2 x 8GB) Mushkin Redline DDR4 2666 15-15-15-35
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 Ti SeaHawk X
Storage A lot
Display(s) Alienware AW3418DW
Case CM 690 III
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Ducky Shine 3 Magenta MX Cherry Brown
I like how there have been a few press releases of late which try and market membrane-switch keyboards as "gamer friendly". Mechanical switch really is where it's at.

However, this "unique membrane" with tactile feedback sounds interesting. Would like to read a review of this to know how well it functions... but good luck prying my Ducky Shine 3 away from me.

System Name Getting old!
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3,9Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H
Cooling About sufficient air cooling
Memory 4GB Dominator DDR2 1066 @1040Mhz
Video Card(s) Club 3D Radeon HD6950 1GB
Storage 120GB Kingston SSDNow 200V+, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
Display(s) Crossover 27Q LED-P (lovely!)
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) Integrated -> optical -> HELIX P DSP
Power Supply Corsair HX620W
Software Win7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark11 P5285 WPrime 1.55 10,15 sec Super Pi Mod 1.5 17,920 sec
This brought an idea of the past. First times I ever played FPS's with a mouse, I used the normal arrows for movement, right ctrl for crouch, ins for jump and so on... enter was reload, for example.

Now that I think of it, it should be more ergonomic than the usual WASD style... But, the lack of buttons around the arrows kinda kills it if you're demanding. So this keyboard would had the advantage BUT the big gap between right-ctrl and the arrows could be frustrating.

Should try that style again some day...