• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MAD MAX / FURY ROAD CASE MOD

Welcome! Thanks for checking out my tribute to Mad Max & his Interceptor build log. This is one of my Bucket list theme PC builds. My mother brought me to the premiere of The Road Warrior movie and I've been fan of this world ever since. This will be a modified desktop PC with liquid cooling. Inspired by visual elements of Max's Interceptor and the Mad Max World. ...and maybe Fury Road. There shall be rust and maybe even a Detonator attached to the PC? (lol). I'll be sharing highlights of it's progression stages, including video clip links as I move along in this thread. I have a basic idea of what PC hardware components will occupy this mad max inspired PC (motherboard, CPU, DDR, GPU, SSD, PSU) The case is an Enermax Equlilence they donated to me last year. If you've followed my past personal builds, I like to find good deals on hardware whenever possible I do plan to fabricate the liquid cooling lines from 361 marine grade stainless tubing. No idea what brand of CPU & GPU water blocks, radiators and fittings I'll use yet.

The case is the Enermax Equilence I was given. It sorta looks like a Fractal Case, but without any of the well thought out features.

I apologize in advance if you're expecting me to pose a Mad Max action figure inside the case (haha). The Interceptor's V8 feels more appropriate. The scale Ford engine I'm using is by LIBERTY Classics, http://www.libertyclassics.com/

I've added motorized shaft to spin the supercharger belt, you can watch it here,

I've modified the supercharger pulleys with larger plates to keep the belt from rolling off.

I will be fabricating a new engine scoop to emulate Max's Scott Injector Scoop and painting everything dark grey.

System Name Artas1984
Processor Intel Core i7 5775C
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory Crucial Ballistix Tactical 2X8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL8
Storage Samsung Evo 850 M.2 500 GB & Western Digital SE 6 TB
Display(s) Dell S2415H
Case Corsair Obsidian 800D
Power Supply Corsair AX860
Mouse Razer DeathAdder 2013
Keyboard Aula SI-859
Software Windows 7 Pro 64 BIT
I think CPU cooler must be air vented - simulating a motor radiator cooling.

Enermax.. Sure.. Great idea! I imagine a CPU heatsink with a borderless cooler attached - that would be awesome!

Processor i7 8700k 4.8Ghz @ 1.31v
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X @ 2100/5500
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Eizo Foris FG2421
Case Fractal Design Define C TG
Power Supply EVGA G2 750w
Mouse Logitech G502 Protheus Spectrum
Keyboard Sharkoon MK80 (Brown)
Software W10 x64