• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MAD MAX / FURY ROAD CASE MOD

Welcome! Thanks for checking out my tribute to Mad Max & his Interceptor build log. This is one of my Bucket list theme PC builds. My mother brought me to the premiere of The Road Warrior movie and I've been fan of this world ever since. This will be a modified desktop PC with liquid cooling. Inspired by visual elements of Max's Interceptor and the Mad Max World. ...and maybe Fury Road. There shall be rust and maybe even a Detonator attached to the PC? (lol). I'll be sharing highlights of it's progression stages, including video clip links as I move along in this thread. I have a basic idea of what PC hardware components will occupy this mad max inspired PC (motherboard, CPU, DDR, GPU, SSD, PSU) The case is an Enermax Equlilence they donated to me last year. If you've followed my past personal builds, I like to find good deals on hardware whenever possible I do plan to fabricate the liquid cooling lines from 361 marine grade stainless tubing. No idea what brand of CPU & GPU water blocks, radiators and fittings I'll use yet.

The case is the Enermax Equilence I was given. It sorta looks like a Fractal Case, but without any of the well thought out features.

I apologize in advance if you're expecting me to pose a Mad Max action figure inside the case (haha). The Interceptor's V8 feels more appropriate. The scale Ford engine I'm using is by LIBERTY Classics, http://www.libertyclassics.com/

I've added motorized shaft to spin the supercharger belt, you can watch it here,

I've modified the supercharger pulleys with larger plates to keep the belt from rolling off.

I will be fabricating a new engine scoop to emulate Max's Scott Injector Scoop and painting everything dark grey.

System Name Lenovo 17IMH05H
Processor Core i7 10750H
Video Card(s) GTX 1660 Ti
Audio Device(s) SSL2
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H2
Benchmark Scores i've got a shitload of them in 15 years of TPU membership
I think CPU cooler must be air vented - simulating a motor radiator cooling.

Enermax.. Sure.. Great idea! I imagine a CPU heatsink with a borderless cooler attached - that would be awesome!

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Processor i9 11900k
Motherboard Maximus XII Apex
Cooling Custom Liquid W/ 360x60 Radiator
Memory 32Gb Team XTREEM ARGB 3600 b-die
Video Card(s) Waterblocked MSI RTX 4070
Storage Intel 900p 480Gb + 4tb Intel 670p
Display(s) LG C2 evo 42"
Case Geometric Future Model 8
Audio Device(s) HD58X + Sennheiser GSX 1000
Power Supply Corsair RM 750x
Mouse Steelseries Aerox 5 wired
Keyboard Akko Mod 007b HE
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+
Software Windows 11
Can't wait to see the end result Bill!

haha, I'm not done with the engine yet, but it does now have elec motor inside now, you can see belt action here,
It will look like max's 351 when it's finished.

Had opportunity to get back into the workshop yesterday and make some progress on my Mad Max / Road Warrior / Fury Road tribute PC build. I've decided to locate the V8 to the top panel. I'm going to mock up a 120mm slim radiator to see how it looks in front of the V8 engine and bezel. Hmm, on 2nd thought, maybe a 80mm radiator would be better scale? I still need to fabricate the proper diamond blower for the engine. The Enermax Equilence case lacks a vertical GPU mount, so I've modified the chassis for this compact ITX/MATX vertical GPU bracket, goo.gl/XGejK1 It's mounted on aluminum diamond plate, painted matte black. Here's a photo I found of the Falcon XB from the Fury Road movie before some stages I captured of my progress.

That's location for the GPU with this do-it-yourself vertical mount. The final GPU will have water block.

Next stage is modifying the top rear portion of the Enermax Equilence case to hold two water reservoirs to emulate the rear fuel tanks on the falcon XB.

Hey Mini, Great car @altcapwn

Do you recall the Red pull switch on Max's stick shift for his Supercharger? I thought it would be fun to somehow implement it into my Mad Max tribute build. The switch is used in commercial vehicles for controlling a two-speed axle assembly. I found it on Ebay as Cole Hersee part number 50036-BX.

Hey Mini, Great car @altcapwn

Do you recall the Red pull switch on Max's stick shift for his Supercharger? I thought it would be fun to somehow implement it into my Mad Max tribute build. The switch is used in commercial vehicles for controlling a two-speed axle assembly. I found it on Ebay as Cole Hersee part number 50036-BX.

Thanks mate, it's the love of my life.

Great sense of details I must say! :p

Ahh, Ive seen JNC rims, theyre great for the price. I have 97 Accord in forest green and would opt for the gold mesh same look.

What do you guys use for cutting small holes? I made this guide for Step Drill Bits here,

I found Max's Falcon rim in web search attached Nikko Toyota HiLux 4WD R/C truck, but I'll check the R/C Hobby Stores

Our scale V8 sitting next to Black ICE GTX 80mm radiator. This morning I found 36mm thick 80mm radiator online shown below. Suppose Flex tube loop would be appropriate.

Had some time yesterday to get more progress in. The larger Black Ice Nemesis GTX 80mm radiator may have won me over, instead of the scale appropriate generic radiator I was considering. It also allows options for different compression fittings, versus the welded inlet/outlet ports. I've mounted the classic aluminum framed Evercool 80mm fan. I'll probably paint the fan dark grey.

I'm going to cut the top panel again and rotate the 80mm radiator 90 degrees, so the radiator is no longer protruding so high. I stumbled upon this hydraulic shock in my junk drawer and used it as support for the scale engine. I may replace it with something else if/when it feels right. btw, the supercharger in the movie could be turned on and off via an electrical switch, which isnt true in reality. They elevated the supercharger upon brackets over the engine with an electric motor, haha. The photo below illustrates the same electric supercharger setup as the movie.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
I'm no expert on the movie, but I thought the GM 671 blower they used had an electronic clutch fitted to the pulley as was a common mod at the time.
Also the picture above is reversed as the car is right hand drive.

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
this is uh... pretty damn amazing.

The photo screen shot of this replica build in United States,

I might fabricate a hood as well. I made scale vette stingray cowl duct hood in 2005 with sheet metal and body filler

Yesterday I cut the top panel further so I could rotate the 80mm radiator onto it's side. It just protruded too much. I want the supercharger and blower to be more of the focal point, just a little OCD? maybe... haha

The Max mod is consuming my bench space, haha. Last night I cut opening in the 5.25 bay to route the tubing from the 80mm radiator

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Do you guys keep the factory fans you pull from cases? I honestly ask myself why I keep them?
It depends on brand, quality and rating.
It's always handy to have a spare or two on hand :laugh:

As promised, I'm ditching the scoop on the scale V8 and making the Scott Superslot fuel injector scoop from Max's V8. I started by makingthe top and bottom portions from acrylic, but getting the 45 angle degree bend from acrylic is "challenging" without the acrylic warping. I ditched that idea and made another bottom half from 20 gauge sheet metal. Which reminded me I really need a new bending brake. The two pieces are joined together with Scotchweld DP-190 epoxy. I need to make the base next, and maybe add the fuel lines.