• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mafia 2 Definitive Edition Poor Performance

Drozi

Hi all,

I have just installed the Definitive Edition of Mafia 2 and I am really disappointed with my benchmark results that showed very poor performance.
I set everything to max as I expected it will run without absolutely any issues as my HW is far beyond the recommended hardware.

I run Windows 10 and I updated the nvidia drivers yesterday to have everything up to date.

Do you have any idea what is wrong with my setup?

mb.png

D

Deleted member 194470

According to this german site the fps should be around 92 https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Mafi...Definitive-Edition-Test-Benchmarks-1350369/2/

Maybe something else is using your graphics card in the background or the game is just buggy for you and you need a patch. You could run the original mafia 2 which looking at the pictures the graphics are almost identical. That should make it run way faster on your computer, the system specs are lower and I ran mafia 2 on a cheap laptop well.

Also look at settings you may have a specific setting that is taxing your graphics card.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
MafiaII.png

It's not really a well running game. I think there might be a bug with the latest nVidia drivers though, because I ran this benchmark with an older driver and was getting higher framerates. Turning off VSYNC seems to help a little. Maybe try fast sync in the nVidia control panel.