• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Major Problems with newly released Acer X35 and Asus ROG SWIFT PG35VQ. Nvidia, Acer and Asus are silent about it.

System Name 4K Master
Processor AMD 5950x
Motherboard MSI Creation x570
Cooling Black Ice Nemesis 360GTX+480GTS, Dual Pumps
Memory TridentZ DD4 64GB 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI RTX3090
Storage OS: Optane 900p 480Gb, Games: Samsung 860 EVO 4Tb x3 + 970 EVO Plus 2Tb x2
Display(s) LG OLED 55C9
Case Phantecs Enthoo 719
Audio Device(s) Hyperx Cloud Orbit S
Power Supply Corsair HX1200i + CableMod Full KIt
Mouse Razer Mamba Elite
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite v2
VR HMD HP G2 v2 + Quest 2
Software Windows 11Dev Preview
Sorry to break the spell in this topic... but I'm seeing a guy that is legitimately trying to help you narrow down the issue to its core. Ignore? Really?

It IS possible that a monitor with new technology exhibits problems. And it IS useful to actually get that problem described as detailed as possible.

Is this really about crapping all over ACER, or do you want to have a good monitor? I mean... you could have refunded it by now. You've had four replacements, isn't that decent service?

In addition, I own a VA monitor too, and it IS true that especially darker hues have slower G2G transitions and it will cause much of said effect - minus the full screen flicker we've also seen, but it certainly looked different from your example of The DIvision 2. Overdrive can only do its best to mask that but it won't kill it completely. Guy has a legitimate point and 'should you know VA is slower'... no. But you've been told now.

Burn in will exhibit, 2 years is young for a display. Try 5 or 7. And to be fair with you, a display should easily last a good 10 years, the last few years becoming a bit more dim perhaps.

Even LG admits burn in is an issue they actively fight with algorithms etc. So...

The main caveat with a TV for PC use isn't the refresh rate. Its the latency. If you add interpolation from your TV that latency doubles.

I do fully agree on your 120hz statement. Going beyond is hitting diminishing returns hard.

OLED C9 has the lowest latency, better then most gaming monitors, the advertised "latency" on the box of every PC monitor is GtG and not actual latency, so PC monitors with 1 or 2 or 3ms on the box is just Overdrive gray to gray in unusable Extreme mode, the actual latency is much higher.
C9 has 13ms in Game mode, in 4K in 4K HDR in FHD in 1440p and it has 6ms in 1080p 120hz and 6ms in 1440 120hz [right now there is no way to test 4K 120hz since no GPU supports HDMI 2.1].

Most people dont plan to use PC monitor for 5 years, new stuff comes out, i never used a TV longer then 2 and this one OLED C6 used as monitor, now comes to 3 year
If you keep OLED power at 40 or 45 [below 50 the lower the better] the chance for Burn-in will be minimal, the lower the OLED light is the lower the chance, my game and game HDR preset are set to 100, but Photo preset that used for Windows use/web is set to 40, since the TV is huge its enough and my room is permanetly darkened i cant stand sunlight

low

I tried to see the flickering and the scanlines, but all i hear is the fan.

System Name 4K Master
Processor AMD 5950x
Storage OS: Optane 900p 480Gb, Games: Samsung 860 EVO 4Tb x3 + 970 EVO Plus 2Tb x2
Display(s) LG OLED 55C9
Case Phantecs Enthoo 719
Mouse Razer Mamba Elite
I tried to see the flickering and the scanlines, but all i hear is the fan.

Its the only thing i didnt hear

low

My PC is watercooled and doesnt make any sound at all. PSU is semipassiv. No HDD.

OLED:

You see some kind of input lag. So PG35VQ > OLED

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
OLED C9 has the lowest latency, better then most gaming monitors, the advertised "latency" on the box of every PC monitor is GtG and not actual latency, so PC monitors with 1 or 2 or 3ms on the box is just Overdrive gray to gray in unusable Extreme mode, the actual latency is much higher.
C9 has 13ms in Game mode, in 4K in 4K HDR in FHD in 1440p and it has 6ms in 1080p 120hz and 6ms in 1440 120hz [right now there is no way to test 4K 120hz since no GPU supports HDMI 2.1].

Most people dont plan to use PC monitor for 5 years, new stuff comes out, i never used a TV longer then 2 and this one OLED C6 used as monitor, now comes to 3 year
If you keep OLED power at 40 or 45 [below 50 the lower the better] the chance for Burn-in will be minimal, the lower the OLED light is the lower the chance, my game and game HDR preset are set to 100, but Photo preset that used for Windows use/web is set to 40, since the TV is huge its enough and my room is permanetly darkened i cant stand sunlight

Actually G2G is only a part of the pipeline and the entire pipeline is called 'button to pixel latency' or 'input lag'. And the total is quite a bit higher than what your monitor produces, after all, each frame at 120 fps also takes 8.3ms already to get refreshed. Other than that I *nod* in agreement ;)

Only setback to me is that these LG's are all 55 inch. Ridiculous size for any monitor tbh, or even TVs. We seriously looked at an OLED for the living room, but 55 is just too much. Settled at 43...

My PC is watercooled and doesnt make any sound at all. PSU is semipassiv. No HDD.

OLED:

You see some kind of input lag. So PG35VQ > OLED

Useless post. This does not show input lag at all, it just shows gameplay. If this is how you compare monitors... get educated.

System Name 4K Master
Processor AMD 5950x
Display(s) LG OLED 55C9
Case Phantecs Enthoo 719
Mouse Razer Mamba Elite
Actually G2G is only a part of the pipeline and the entire pipeline is called 'button to pixel latency' or 'input lag'. And the total is quite a bit higher than what your monitor produces, after all, each frame at 120 fps also takes 8.3ms already to get refreshed. Other than that I *nod* in agreement ;)

Only setback to me is that these LG's are all 55 inch. Ridiculous size for any monitor tbh, or even TVs. We seriously looked at an OLED for the living room, but 55 is just too much. Settled at 43...
Thats exactly what I said that G2G is PC monitor "scam", they advertise these 1ms on the box and most gamers assume its actual input lag but its only G2G pixel refresh, its advertisement scam.
The Input lag on the OLED was tested with Leo Bodnar device.
You get used to size, dont get scared youll love it after and everything looks realistic when you game from PC sitting distance, you cant see the walls behind, your full view is on the TV, I got used after 2 weeks, now i cant use smaller monitors, 35inch 21:9 was TINY [IMHO the 21:9 needs some otehr type of measure, when they say 35inch people assume its big but in reality its as tall as 27inch monitor just tad wider, kinda scummy and confusing, especially the 31:9 or whatever the Super ultra wide monitors, 49inch is also as tall as 27inch monitor just twice wider, like using two 27inchers].
In the living room 55inch is minimum, 43inch is my minimum for desktop monitor [waiting for ACER Predator CG7 and ASUS XG43UQ reviews]
GSYNC driver and firmware for OLED c9 is not out yet, when it comes out and it works fine ill decide what to buy C9 or ACER CG7 or wait for next years OLED, in 2 months we should know whats special about next years OLED if its something big like DisplayPort or panels with higher NITs it maybe worth to wait]

If you dont care about HDR, the new IPS LG, 38 inch 21:9 is insane monitor, its much bigger then 35inch, the 3 inches extra make big difference, the only minus is lack of HDR [HDR400 is not really HDR], it has everything else, low input lag, gsync, high refresh rate, nano IPS, if i decide to buy extra monitor for work ill get one like this to complement my OLED or Acer CG7 [check this one out its 43inch, HDR1000, FreeSync 2, 4K 144hz with display compression so you keep high high color bit. they should come out soon]

low

Useless post. This does not show input lag at all, it just shows gameplay. If this is how you compare monitors... get educated.

I dont see gameplay, i see this lag ... lag everywhere...

System Name Coffeelake the Zen Destroyer
Processor 8700K @5.1GHz
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA
Cooling Cooled by EK
Memory RGB DDR4 4133MHz CL17-17-17-37
Video Card(s) GTX 780 Ti to future GTX 1180Ti
Storage SAMSUNG 960 PRO 512GB
Display(s) ASUS ROG SWIFT PG27VQ to ROG SWIFT PG35VQ
Case Cooler Master HAF X Nvidia Edition
Audio Device(s) Logitech
Power Supply COOLER MASTER 1KW Gold
Mouse LOGITECH Gaming
Keyboard Logitech Gaming
Software MICROSOFT Redstone 4
Benchmark Scores Cine Bench 15 single performance 222
Thats exactly what I said that G2G is PC monitor "scam", they advertise these 1ms on the box and most gamers assume its actual input lag but its only G2G pixel refresh, its advertisement scam.
The Input lag on the OLED was tested with Leo Bodnar device.
You get used to size, dont get scared youll love it after and everything looks realistic when you game from PC sitting distance, you cant see the walls behind, your full view is on the TV, I got used after 2 weeks, now i cant use smaller monitors, 35inch 21:9 was TINY [IMHO the 21:9 needs some otehr type of measure, when they say 35inch people assume its big but in reality its as tall as 27inch monitor just tad wider, kinda scummy and confusing, especially the 31:9 or whatever the Super ultra wide monitors, 49inch is also as tall as 27inch monitor just twice wider, like using two 27inchers].
In the living room 55inch is minimum, 43inch is my minimum for desktop monitor [waiting for ACER Predator CG7 and ASUS XG43UQ reviews]
GSYNC driver and firmware for OLED c9 is not out yet, when it comes out and it works fine ill decide what to buy C9 or ACER CG7 or wait for next years OLED, in 2 months we should know whats special about next years OLED if its something big like DisplayPort or panels with higher NITs it maybe worth to wait]

If you dont care about HDR, the new IPS LG, 38 inch 21:9 is insane monitor, its much bigger then 35inch, the 3 inches extra make big difference, the only minus is lack of HDR [HDR400 is not really HDR], it has everything else, low input lag, gsync, high refresh rate, nano IPS, if i decide to buy extra monitor for work ill get one like this to complement my OLED or Acer CG7 [check this one out its 43inch, HDR1000, FreeSync 2, 4K 144hz with display compression so you keep high high color bit. they should come out soon]

I waited 2+ years for the ROG SWIFT PG35VQ just to find out its crazy expensive and buggy. Not saying that the ROG SWIFT PG35VQ is not the best.... It is the best monitor you can buy at the moment it you can afford it!

I ended up buying the LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B monitor that's a thousand dollars cheaper and the only big trade-off is HDR 400 the not so HDR but better than sRGB. (8-bit+FRC HDR)

LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B big Curved 38" with higher resolution 3840x1600 no 2xAA is necessary and 1ms means less ghosting than the other 2ms VA

But G-Sync HDR 400 (8-bit+FRC) to G-Sync Ultimate HDR 1000 (10-bit) is a big deal breaker.

Last edited:
System Name 4K Master
Processor AMD 5950x
Display(s) LG OLED 55C9
Case Phantecs Enthoo 719
Mouse Razer Mamba Elite
I waited 2+ years for the ROG SWIFT PG35VQ just to find out its crazy expensive and buggy. Not saying that the ROG SWIFT PG35VQ is not the best.... It is the best monitor you can buy at the moment it you can afford it!

I ended up buying the LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B monitor that's a thousand dollars cheaper and the only big trade-off is HDR 400 the not so HDR but better than sRGB. (8-bit+FRC HDR)

LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B big Curved 38" with higher resolution 3840x1600 no 2xAA is necessary and 1ms means less ghosting than the other 2ms VA

But G-Sync HDR 400 (8-bit+FRC) to G-Sync Ultimate HDR 1000 (10-bit) is a big deal breaker.

I sent my back and got OLED C9, very happy now, I got used to 55inch size from my C6 that I Used as PC monitor from 2016 till 2019, so 35inch 21:9 looked small, very small.
Gsync works fine on the OLED, I can do 1440p 120hz, and when HDMI 2.1 GPUs come out [or at least DP1.4 to HDMI 2.1 converters] ill be able to do 4K/120Hz, HDR works fine as always.
This year LG comes with 48inch OLED and its insane value for PC monitor usage: cheaper then 55inch models, higher pixel denstity and size-wise its a sweet spot for PC monitor no matter what you do, fun for games, fun for movies and if you work, do video editing etc you have lots of space and no need to squint, everything is large as you want it.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I sent my back and got OLED C9, very happy now, I got used to 55inch size from my C6 that I Used as PC monitor from 2016 till 2019, so 35inch 21:9 looked small, very small.
Gsync works fine on the OLED, I can do 1440p 120hz, and when HDMI 2.1 GPUs come out [or at least DP1.4 to HDMI 2.1 converters] ill be able to do 4K/120Hz, HDR works fine as always.
This year LG comes with 48inch OLED and its insane value for PC monitor usage: cheaper then 55inch models, higher pixel denstity and size-wise its a sweet spot for PC monitor no matter what you do, fun for games, fun for movies and if you work, do video editing etc you have lots of space and no need to squint, everything is large as you want it.

yeah if 48" OLED can hit the 799 mark i seriously may consider one.

System Name Coffeelake the Zen Destroyer
Processor 8700K @5.1GHz
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA
Cooling Cooled by EK
Memory RGB DDR4 4133MHz CL17-17-17-37
Video Card(s) GTX 780 Ti to future GTX 1180Ti
Storage SAMSUNG 960 PRO 512GB
Display(s) ASUS ROG SWIFT PG27VQ to ROG SWIFT PG35VQ
Case Cooler Master HAF X Nvidia Edition
Audio Device(s) Logitech
Power Supply COOLER MASTER 1KW Gold
Mouse LOGITECH Gaming
Keyboard Logitech Gaming
Software MICROSOFT Redstone 4
Benchmark Scores Cine Bench 15 single performance 222

I have a 2017 LG OLED 65" TV.... I would never use that for Gaming.... OLED are very bad for burnins....

OLED is the best for TV and Movies but not gaming. Second top PC Gaming is moving to Ultra Wide, 16:9 just a stupid TV standard.... Evan all movies are 21:9 format thus your black bar's on your display.

I tell you once you go Ultra Wide you will understand what I'm talking about. In the end it's all about FOV and fps... That's what real Gaming monitors are all about.

Did all you guys see the new up coming Samsung 49" Odyssey.... With 1000R curve and.....

AMD has hardware Freesync premium coming..... Means bye bye cheap Freesync.... All next generation gaming monitors will have mods AMD / Nvidia

Only TV's will use software based VRR for mostly next generation consoles.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I have a 2017 LG OLED 65" TV.... I would never use that for Gaming.... OLED are very bad for burnins....

OLED is the best for TV and Movies but not gaming. Second top PC Gaming is moving to Ultra Wide, 16:9 just a stupid TV standard.... Evan all movies are 21:9 format thus your black bar's on your display.

I tell you once you go Ultra Wide you will understand what I'm talking about. In the end it's all about FOV and fps... That's what real Gaming monitors are all about.

Did all you guys see the new up coming Samsung 49" Odyssey.... With 1000R curve and.....

AMD has hardware Freesync premium coming..... Means bye bye cheap Freesync.... All next generation gaming monitors will have mods AMD / Nvidia

Only TV's will use software based VRR for mostly next generation consoles.

thats not true, LG OLED implementation moves the pixels about 1-2mm every 15-20 minutes to prevent burn in, you don't notice it cause its so small of a change. burn in is still issue, but less so now. and at end of each gaming sessions you can simply run the cycle of colors all OLED tv's have to reset the picture