• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Maker EVO Deluxe

Hi all!
I´m new here, my name is Ronny but call me CapTen! ;-)

Welcome to my next Project:

„Maker EVO Deluxe"

After a long time of thinking, I've decided to do a more complex Casemod. Lets see what I'm doing with it.
To be called into action is coming the brand new Mastercase Maker 5.
Inspired was this Mod from the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution.
The interior was completely cleaned and covered with pale Leather. For the Cables/PSU Area a Cover was created in the Design of the Case.
It should be installed a lavish Watercooling with Brasstubes and Chrome Fittings which should seems like a Header.
The AGB will fitted justified in the front of the Case, so that it will be one unit on that case and be used as brake fluid reservoir.
At the Case you will find some air scoops, which are normally founded on engine covers or fenders., which will be made from me out of Aluminum Plates.
At the Leather I made different punch works.
Here and there will be a Wing installed together with Headlights and one DTM Axle Back Exhaust.
The Theme is called Sportcar and I will try to make as much Details as possible.

Hardware:

Case: MasterCase Maker 5
Graphiccards: 2 x Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming Water cooling
Mainboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X99X Killer/3.1
CPU: Intel Core I7 5820K
Ram: 8 x 8GB G.SKILL RIPJAWS V DDR4 2666MHz
SSD: HyperX 3K Limited Edition White 240Gb
Netzteil : Gigabyte XP1200M

Watercooling:

Pump:Alphacool VPP655 - G1/4 IG inkl. Eisdecke D5 - Plexi V.3
CPU : Alphacool NexXxoS XP³ Light - Brass Black Chrome
Ram : Alphacool D-RAM Modul (für Alphacool D-RAM Cooler) -...
Alphacool D-RAM Cooler X4 Universal - Acetal Black Nickel
GPU : 2 x Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming Water cooling
AGB : Alphacool Eisbecher 250mm Acetal Ausgleichsbehälter
Radiator: Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 240mm
Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 240mm Radiator
Brasstubes : Alphacool HardTube 13/10mm 90° Messing Chrome 10/50cm
Hardtubes : Alphacool Eisrohr 13/10mm Plexi (PMMA) HardTube Satin...
Alphacool HardTube 13/10mm Plexi (PMMA) Klar 80cm - 4er Set
Fittings : Alphacool Eiszapfen 13mm HardTube Anschraubtülle G1/4 für chrome and black
Fans: Enermax T.B.Silence 14cm
Enermax T.B.Vegas 12cm weiß

Accessories:

Aluminum
Acrylics
Wood and MDF
white Leather
Blank Leather
Punch iron
Swivel knife
Color, Coating Spray
Pipe Bender​

A huge thank to all who supported this Project, without your Help
the Execution of this Project wouldn't be possible.

little preview :rock:

:lol:

Hey Ronny, nice to have you onboard, let's see how this project evolves when you start building it.

:toast:

Hi Thank you!
the project has already been completed and won the third place on DCMM(Germanys casemodding championchip).
I create the worklog in hindsight :peace:

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
@P4-630 What?

Hello all !

Here I want to introduce all components used again.
I had the last week but frequently walking day :D

Here the ASRock Fatal1ty X99X Killer/3.1. I think the contrast of red green really well.
A motherboard in free wilderness not seen so often, still untamed :vain:

G.SKILL RIPJAWS V DDR4 2666MHz

the Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming Waterforce

the Gigabyte 1200W Power Supply XP 1200M

here the Enermax T.B.Silence in 14cm

and that´s the T.B.Vergas White in 12cm with white LED´s

and here many components from the new Alphacool Eis-Serie

and here again the Mastercase Maker 5 with tempered glass window and mama and papa swan :p

Despite still missing parts I could not let it remain and have begun already times.
So let's get started!
First, as always, the case was made naked.

Now it went straight to the air intake slots of a fender. Dry runs I had behind me so right now.
I transferred to aluminum the dimensions of the front and mark the position of the louvers

Now I have a positive and negative form for it to create the aluminum during peening / flanging (as called the molding of aluminum at all ?, I do not know it) does not tear unintentionally.
But I've just the 4 different slots milled in MDF and fits to the counterpart

Now cut the slots in the wood

then all processed with the hammer and the shapes and cut out in the end only from the large aluminum plate

it goes on with a front spoiler, only cut the spoiler lip from acrylics

Try and think of something I had an image in the head thereto and have more acrylics radicals tailored and trimmed ground

at the same time the rear spoiler is made. Here I decided for MDF.
First of coarse cut design

and now missed the whole a Aerodynamic shape. This reminded me when working on more planes than cars :D

The bottom 3cm where the spoiler on the case is I have glued a second MDF board, have not photographed but in the later images of the painting you can see the spoiler down around gets thicker

after I was now on all operations of the front spoiler in the clear I have glued the various acrylic parts with each other

then I bent from aluminum small wing spoiler

then everything was primed to start the filling, just the front spoiler had to be done much

After the water cooling has arrived, it went to the cutout for the reservoir

despite a PVC cutting disc that work is always pure torture

but just as I had imagined

only new holders for the reservoir is made.
Preferably 3mm aluminum angle, still remainder of my desk;)

casually, because of all the dry processes the spoilers were always times filled and primed

The opening behind the louvers had to be cut

Now the radiator grille

the rear spoiler was now ready for painting, so I have all the holes for the mounting set and the actual wing cut to size and glued. Here again 3mm acrylic glass

after gluing with epoxy adhesive the connections equal primed and filled

after the radiator grille was now cut out

I find the optimum position for the small wing spoilers and those glued to the alu sheets with the air slots

is slowly taking shape

A DTM exhaust is also planned so a aluminum bracket was cut

and then drilled holes for the exhaust pipes
The exhaust is then the way from a few remnants of brass pipes and fittings with 45 ° angle.
A 1 / 4Zoll thread cutter I have not yet, I ordered yesterday and should still arrive this week

here I had everything tested, by lacquered whether I like the result. One often sees irregularities only when it's done, so better now before there is no time. :lol:

the holders of the reservoir were also painted, are here mounted

and fits beautifully

What next? Headlights: P
cut 1 cm acrylic glass strip and only once sanded quite a while and burnt fingers

Now I have this cut and polished in the headlight shape :doofy:

had himself photographed really bad

I've cut and folded the front grille of the fan guards from Case, this will sit flush with the front spoiler lip as of 8o

next update tomorrow

Hello!

As announced I made a small engine bonnet.
For that I have transferred the fan opening from the lid on aluminum

then I have again created me two forms to reshape the aluminum

now deformed and cut out the aluminum

looking for something I can build a engine bonnet breech, I found it here (right the original)
The pins I cut to length and each provided with a hole

then halved a key chain and so it should look like

after it was painted, I have the engine bonnet covered with carbon foil and glued the bonnet breech it

The chipset cooler from the motherboard had to change their color

Then I started already times to relate the radiators with leather

attempts me times on a small piece of wood, with 2 cm foam material upholster on

the headlights I also equipped already with Led's

for the area in front of the IO panel I had to create a cover because you could see from there quite well behind the radiator or on the reservoir

to let red disappear all the motherboard I have folded a small aluminum sheet and painted to cover all Sataports

Cpu Holder was also repainted

The cable duct in the MB tray had to be moved, I got him simply cut out and placed to the left behind the Radi bracket

The Ram modules I have also mounted casual.
but ran is not according to plan. The GSkill have only one side of memory so she slipped always out of the bottom.
I have also used it nor the thermal pad of the original cooler.
Now when I wanted to mount the cooler on the modules, a problem again. The screws are all 2mm too long. So I got all screws 2mm shorter sanded, unfortunately, had no right here

so much for that than next I have the exhaust manifold from the brass tubes tinker.

The next update!

Sorry for some images, with Energy Drink in the blood, it is difficult to keep the camera calmly XD.

As recently already announced I had my first time a form for the 13er brass tubes build.
So get bought in the hardware store and a 15er copper pipe and bent this.
On the second try that also looked very presentable.

This bent pipe and a piece I've just halved with the Flex and sanded smooth.
Now I have a perfect shape for the 13er tubes

For the motherboard tray I have a 3mm aluminum plate cut and screwed into the Case

then sawed wood on the later, the leather is fixed

Now the holes for the pipes and cable set.
the pipe penetration needed 17er holes, so I first with a cone drill holes drilled 16er and finally even with a size 17 drill afterwards

after the 1/4 inch thread cutter was there I was able to secure the DTM exhaust.
Just stupid that the angle was too thin so I decided from 3mm aluminum sheet suitable nuts cut and there purely cut the thread.
Not pretty but rarely does what it should and can not be seen anyway.

matching brass tubes in DTM style were then cut to size

This is what I can actually save me but I speak the topic anyway.
After a little practice with the brass tubes and tube bender I have created the loop in the interior.

and Cutt! I knew it! Every time I say to myself, do not start before the hardware is there and I have made the mistake again.
My plan was to pack the graphics card in the lower 2 PCIe slots to have up enough space to tinker from the brass tubes a exhaust manifold.
Yes if you plan in advance is all in vain.
Coolers of graphics cards are too thick, you can not use the lower PCIe slot, even if the Mid tray comes out only stay 5mm up to PSU.
Then there would be no more room for the wooden board with the leather and the PCI outputs on Case would also be extended by one.
The loop at any rate nothing that cpus come up into it, half of the tubes I could accommodate but first I needed new.
Well that later.
Now I have set the position for the AIO radiators of GPUs. One comes before the power supply and the second comes from the back of the case.
only times sawed So for the first hole in the ground

then put the hose guide from the AIO in Midtray

Then, an angle was cut carrying the pump and the second radiator of the AIO

around the pump to be positioned as flexible as possible I have set oblong holes. For milling these holes I need to buy a cross table to me.
Here I drilled only at the beginning and end of two holes and cut out the connection.

then cut two angles and a flat bars for the radiator

then I fastened spacers for the rear side panel. (P5 Style)

well as already mentioned I have to make different loop so I displaced all the holes in the pipe carry out, just like the first time with cone drill drilled to 16mm and a 17mm drill afterwards.

the old holes I closed with aluminum kit and 2K Filler again, back simply tape it so that it does not fall through, which you can then easily be removed or sanded again.

after sanding nor a twice fine fill in and ready

Now I have bent the window for the back to match the shape of the Cases

around the compressions of the outer corners in bend can not be seen. If the Window cut to size after the bend. Delicate matter I know.
Beautifully clamped the whole and every 5cm goes be reclamped thus merely nothing wrong.

The side which closes the front is then beveled so that it nicely with the Case

fits perfect

sawn off only the top and bottom

cut out another hole for the fan

and this then freed of unnecessary ballast :rolleyes:

fits also perfecly

Now I have the brass tubes to re-cut and bent.
First of securing the pipe bender neat, which is even something of unwieldy and chromed tubes slip easily

then all aluminum parts were primed with filler and with aluminum primer

all cutting edges on Case I have with color (Paintbrush) overlined to the rust prevention even if this is not the best method.

Now I have the wood panels covered with leather

The holes should in fact be stung with a Hollow Punch, the ground was too soft so I had to cut it with a knife. Not very clean but is concealed by the fittings.

Now I have all the parts ready lacquered.

so now the next challenge: a PSU cover. So that you still can still use the Window and open.
So, at first bent a plexiglass
Below only slightly slanted so as I said, the window can still be put in Case

then completely cut to size and put yet holes for the tubes

Then I measured everything, position of the power supply etc. and the design transferred. here until the surface is the leather-covered

this surface then brushed with 40 grit sandpaper so that the contact adhesive holds

Now I glued the leather on it.

then I have three or four hours spent with the transfer of the film. You believe it or not, but for the whole PSU Cover I was good for 8 hours. That was not planned: P

Before leather I had already made a Fillup, everything was tight. Get tomorrow everything reinstall and start with the cabling.
Little things are still, Window outer edges polished, correct a few pipes at the loop, what you always see only the photos and operate at all corners yet tweaking.
a Sli bridge I wanted to build but a little time still remains for me. :D

HIHO!
Up to the last update!

all Alphacool logos were exchanged Chrome logos and the CPU holder got something orange accents.

for I was determined a half a day busy with weeding the stickers, but they were not the only stickers

as you can see the adapter fittings from behind, this had to be painted black

then I've yet created a SLI Bridge and this cut from 2mm acrylic glass somewhat obliquely cut and glued together

this has been repeatedly painted before and painted in the end black and covered with foil (the design of the graphics card) Unfortunately, I have a separate image of this, you can see it but the final images.

On that PSU Cover I back side glued two strips to slide the cover exactly on the Mid-tray can.

before Foiling the front I had to eliminate some damage

then the cut edges of the windows were yet polished, unfortunately this is the best picture what I could get

Procedure: first scrape the edges with a scraper smooth, then sanding of 300 to 800 wet sandpaper, then polish with two polishing pastes and a felt pad and the very end with car polish and a cotton disk to mirror polish

Now I have the front covered with Carbonfoil

Now I have the fenders on it glued, with double-thick adhesive tape, looks like a thermal pad, it has the appearance of a sealing rubber. ;-)

The headlights and the radiator grille will now also be glued, the Fronspoiler was screwed

the Xtreme Gaming stickers Gigabyte I can yet plotting to three times the size and for a small aluminum plate designed as a backing to give it some depth profile.
This I then primed, painted, transferred the sticker and all onto the PSU cover glued

For lighting I have two LED strips soldered with dimmable remote control handle.
As under car illumination a black light LED comes strip used, these had a loose connection so I renewed the cable.

for the black light I still have cut an aluminum strip on the I Stripe glue. The strip was then glued centrally under the Case

one day I was busy with the cabling

also had at every corner yet minimal corrections are made
PSU cover did not fit completely, because of the Radi AIO was in the way, so I've cut out the cover below a small recess
Brass pipes were all again adapted and something shortened because but a few things were not quite satisfactory.
-an appropriate coolant I have mixed in distilled water and Mayhams Dey Yellow and Red.

Now the worst after I had filled the Sys yesterday again with the correct Coolant and all just sample ran, there was an after 5min ZISCH and reservoir was empty.
One of the brass tubes slipped from the CPU cooler and the pump has pumped their entire contents to the CPU / motherboard.
super, something one day before completion.
Well the Sys was out, it was only the pump, but I am a bit nervous to start the system.
Yesterday I naturally everything dried again, mixed new Coolant, refilled again, and the whole then as to run through the night.

So the Final Pics!
Currently there is absolute chaos here have no proper place more. The quality of the images is modest beautiful, I will do the same next week new, as little taste, I hope this rich images

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna
Processor intel i7 3770 *Dellided*
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.1
Cooling Thermaltake Water 3.0 Pro + Tt Riing12 x2 / Tt ThunderBlade / Gelid Slim 120UV fans
Memory 16GB DRR3 Kingoston with Custom Tt spreaders + HyperX Fan
Video Card(s) GeForce GTX 980 4GB Nvidia Sample
Storage Crucial M4 SSD 64GB's / Seagate Barracuda 2TB / Seagate Barracuda 320GB's
Display(s) 22" LG FLATRON 1920 x 1280p
Case Thermaltake Commander G42 Window
Audio Device(s) On-board Dolby 5.1+ Kingston HyperX Cloud 1
Power Supply Themaltake TR2 700W 80plus bronce & APC Pro backup 1000Va
Mouse Tt eSports Level 10M Rev 1.0 Diamond Black & Tt Conkor "L" mouse pad
Keyboard Tt eSports KNUCKER
Software windows 10x64Pro
Benchmark Scores well I've fried a 775' P4 12 years ago, that counts?
what an unveliabable mod sir! great great mod!!

Can't Believe it,

Regards,

mad_mic3

Sweet work on the louvers & the pipe work:toast:

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
Well done. great work and great pictures too.

Thx guys, it is really a nice mod. The chrome pipes looks so cool. :D