• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

@alanfox2000
is it possible to install Sonic Studio 3 on Asus maximus Viii formula board ?
this board already have sonic studio 2 as default but i wondering is it possible to upgrade it to sonic studio 3.

EDIT:my audio Codec is ALC1150
my hardware id is
Code:
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_10438691&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_10438691
Sonic Studio 3 UWP not support your HWID.

Dolby Atmos Speaker System for Gaming use Dolby Atmos or Gaming app, just different XML file.

I had made ThinkSmart Hub 500 / 700 Presets for Dolby Atmos Speaker System and Dolby Atmos Speaker System for Gaming

The ThinkSmart Hub 500 / 700 integrated speakers look likes external speakers. The value in <audio-optimizer-bands> and <regulator-tuning> make audio a big different.
hub500.jpg

ThinkSmart Hub 500 with Lenovo and Xiaomi Headphones Settings
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zn9lvivu0uc07ki/ThinkSmart_Hub_500_w_Lenovo_Xiaomi_HP_Settings.7z/file

ThinkSmart Hub 700 with Lenovo and Xiaomi Headphones Settings
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hagzp0bhsfccg7x/ThinkSmart_Hub_700_w_Lenovo_Xiaomi_HP_Settings.7z/file

Last edited:
Sonic Studio 3 UWP not support your HWID.

Dolby Atmos Speaker System for Gaming use Dolby Atmos or Gaming app, just different XML file.

I had made ThinkSmart Hub 500 / 700 Presets for Dolby Atmos Speaker System and Dolby Atmos Speaker System for Gaming

The ThinkSmart Hub 500 / 700 integrated speakers look likes external speakers. The value in <audio-optimizer-bands> and <regulator-tuning> make audio a big different.
View attachment 106863

ThinkSmart Hub 500 with Lenovo and Xiaomi Headphones Settings
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zn9lvivu0uc07ki/ThinkSmart_Hub_500_w_Lenovo_Xiaomi_HP_Settings.7z/file

ThinkSmart Hub 700 with Lenovo and Xiaomi Headphones Settings
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hagzp0bhsfccg7x/ThinkSmart_Hub_700_w_Lenovo_Xiaomi_HP_Settings.7z/file
Is there a difference between Dolby Atmos for gaming and Dolby Atmos speaker system for gaming? For example, better sound quality? Better UI?, Etc

The Dolby Atmos Speaker System/Sound system xml set <output-mode-partial-height-virtualizer-enable value="1"/> by default.
Dolby Atmos Xml turn off <output-mode-partial-height-virtualizer-enable value="0"/>

I forget to change the Headphone xml sku value to DolbyAtmosSpeakerSystemForGaming. I have updated file, the download is the same link.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Dolby Atmos uwp v3 app+ v3preset got better with more high quality sound, with the update?

Or is v3 app+ v2 preset still more high quality sound and better?

So is v3 app and preset, now has higher quality sound than v2 app and preset?
XML 3.3.0 is from Realtek UAD with Dolby Test Driver and you can see the XML more options for testing laptop with Dolby integrated
Realtek still provide UAD with XML 3.2.0 to laptop manufacturer.

Someone saying Volume Leveler, Surround Virtualizer and Dialogue Enhancer not working with XML 3.3.0
XML 3.2.0 is stable, XML 3.3.0 for testing

XML 3.3.0 is from Realtek UAD with Dolby Test Driver and you can see the XML more options for testing laptop with Dolby integrated
Realtek still provide UAD with XML 3.2.0 to laptop manufacturer.

Someone saying Volume Leveler, Surround Virtualizer and Dialogue Enhancer not working with XML 3.3.0
XML 3.2.0 is stable, XML 3.3.0 for testing
Ok thank you for the explanation on the status. I will continue using the XML 3.2.0 with v3 app.

Thank you for the video. I have the ASUS Maximus Code IX do I need to uninstall Asus Stock realtek drivers before doin the steps in the video? I think you told me before I need to use HDA drivers then start installing APO drivers and APPX items. I want to do the Dolby Atmos for gaming. to see if its better than Asus Sonic Stuido 3. Thanks for the help again. =)

Thank you for the video. I have the ASUS Maximus Code IX do I need to uninstall Asus Stock realtek drivers before doin the steps in the video? I think you told me before I need to use HDA drivers then start installing APO drivers and APPX items. I want to do the Dolby Atmos for gaming. to see if its better than Asus Sonic Stuido 3. Thanks for the help again. =)
You don't need to deal with your installed audio driver. You can restore endpoint registry to use Sonic Studio 3. Dolby Atmos for Gaming turn off this feature by default. <output-mode-partial-height-virtualizer-enable value="0"/> . To have all feature enable, use Dolby Atmos Speaker System for Gaming.
DSRHost.exe running on the process background which is for Dolby Radar to function. If you don't need the Dolby Radar, use Dolby Atmos Speaker System.

Doesn't work for me.. :/ No subwoofer on Y700 with Dolby atmos for gaming
Did Headphones works?
Try Y730 preset on your Y700
https://github.com/alanfox2000/real...lenovo_ideapad/ext_lenovo_y730-17ich_rs4_v222

---------------------------------------------------------------

If audio effects are't changed,
make sure you have select the correct endpoint before using Product Config Tool and checkbox "Disable all Enhancement (Current Select Endpoint)" is unchecked.

PIC2.png
PIC1.png

Last edited:
Hi, i got a desktop pc with asus rog vi hero (x370) mobo. I got a 2.1 speaker system with composite audio cable attached to my mobo. Can I also make use of this mods to use Dolby Atmos etc.., or is it only for headphones?
I actually tried the tutorial and managed to install Dolby atmos sound system but it doesnt work, the audio doesnt change at all. Im not sure if I have to do something before with my realtek driver. I have ''normal'' high definition audio driver (not realtek). Is that enough or do I have to do extra? I just cant seem to understand why its not working.
thx in advance!

Hi guys , do you guys have any recommend for audio enhancer . only for listen music on Spotify and Youtube , sometime watch Anime . My device is laptop + in-ear headphone Sony . Thanks a lot

You don't need to deal with your installed audio driver. You can restore endpoint registry to use Sonic Studio 3. Dolby Atmos for Gaming turn off this feature by default. <output-mode-partial-height-virtualizer-enable value="0"/> . To have all feature enable, use Dolby Atmos Speaker System for Gaming.
DSRHost.exe running on the process background which is for Dolby Radar to function. If you don't need the Dolby Radar, use Dolby Atmos Speaker System.

Did Headphones works?
Try Y730 preset on your Y700
https://github.com/alanfox2000/real...lenovo_ideapad/ext_lenovo_y730-17ich_rs4_v222

---------------------------------------------------------------

If audio effects are't changed,
make sure you have select the correct endpoint before using Product Config Tool and checkbox "Disable all Enhancement (Current Select Endpoint)" is unchecked.

View attachment 107154
View attachment 107156
As I say in your blog and I repeat it again, I followed the steps correctly and I have even done it several times reinstalling everything and nothing, no application is able to modify the sound.

I just found out that the big problem with this is the FX configurator of APO and the Viper4Windows configurator that neither of these saves the configuration of the effects and the processing

In my case, when selecting the correct device and applying the product configuration (Sound Blaster X-fi MB 5), it is shown that it is configured and you can see that the registry keys are added, but when you select my device again, these keys disappear. that is, all the settings disappear and this means that the settings are not saved.

the problem is that fx configurator can not access regedit or does not have sufficient permission
1537500458812.png 1537500510170.png 1537500573598.png 1537500670203.png 1537500740202.png