• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

bottlefedc83

do you know where is the best place for the latest whql UAD?

found some at station drivers.com but it's pretty outdated compared to @alanfox2000's https://github.com/alanfox2000/realtek-universal-audio-driver Realtek UAD Drivers. Like the one i found at station drivers.com is 8591 version compared to alanfox's 8614 version.

also i just got 2.4.1 apo driver to work.

Update: I'm using latest uad from alanfox's and it works totally fine.
yeah those should be most updated, they are not modded.

Danny

Finally I get the APO driver 2.4.1 to work with my b360G mobo, using UAD driver that alanfox make and wait until everything from that driver work fine, (I means SS3 and SR3 and Realtek Control works) because in my cases, if those things was interupt by switching the APO to Dolby or other audio enchancers and disables the nahimic services, audio get crash or the APO driver and enhancer is not working. After everythings finished downloaded and installed from the store and run properly then install the APO driver and the enhancers that you want.
BTW the upmixing from Creative 720 is very good, so I combine its with Dolby Speaker Sys Gaming. (in my cases must disable nahimic services because its seem contradict with UWP RPC services.)

AC0Z03X553

If you want Atmos, try the UWP version.
I did. But there were no audio effect changes. UWP runtimes are installed.

Edit: Will never work until HP provides DCHU drivers for my 2018 notebook.

Only APO that works so far on my legacy drivers is DTS Studio Sound / Headphone X.
The DTS Digital Enhancement APO on the other hand doesn't. Any idea?

Last edited:

Fred_Vie

I applied dts connect to my Realtek digital output but after doing so it does not show up in the audio device advanced properties.
Then I ran the codes in cmd who prompted me to install direct play which I did.
Then I applied it again with no effect whatsoever.
Visual C++ and .NET are installed
What can I do now?

Last edited:

bottlefedc83

I applied dts connect to my Realtek digital output but after doing so it does not show up in the audio device advanced properties.
Then I ran the codes in cmd who prompted me to install direct play which I did.
Then I applied it again with no effect whatsoever.
Visual C++ and .NET are installed
What can I do now?

Follow this example config and it might help, again make sure no Realtek MFX applied, and that {A515262A-68B3-441a-A310-0D145362EE87} is in both EFX and Composite EFX.

Attachments

Fred_Vie

Last edited:
can someone post what values or a website explaining the values on (what value is max/default) to edit for treble, fidelity, crystal clear dialogue, & high volume boost in dolby uwp xml files?

Last edited:
System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD FX8350
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
Cooling Boxed
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 24 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x Crucial SSD MX500 @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1x WD40EZRX @4TB/1x WD60EZRX @6TB
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Soprano FX
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply LCPower LC550
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v1903
When does anyone help me pls?
I guess you have to wait for @alanfox2000 to understand the bugs.
can someone post what values or a website explaining the values on (what value is max/default) to edit for treble, fidelity, crystal clear dialogue, & high volume boost in dolby uwp xml files?
My observations: I tried very large values in the xml files (up to 1023). No bugs occured.
Dialogue enhancer on very large values appear to work as PCEE4 dialogue enhancer set to max. It can cause sudden volume increase in spoken content. I disabled it as I use other dialogue enhancers in other enhancers.
Volume leveler also operates similarly with PCEE4.
Increasing the leveler number is the same as moving the slider of leveler to higher in PCEE4.
volmax boost is similar to PCEE4 volume maximizer gain. How the value of vol max boost correlates with dB increase is still not clear to me.
I personally set that to 0. I use a proper volume control to perform the same action.

Last edited:

My observations: I tried very large values in the xml files (up to 1023). No bugs occured.
Dialogue enhancer on very large values appear to work as PCEE4 dialogue enhancer set to max. It can cause sudden volume increase in spoken content. I disabled it as I use other dialogue enhancers in other enhancers.
Increasing the leveler number is the same as moving the slider of leveler to higher in PCEE4.
volmax boost is similar to PCEE4 volume maximizer gain. How the value of vol max boost correlates with dB increase is still not clear to me.
I personally set that to 0. I use a proper volume control to perform the same action.
So there isn't specific values, anywhere? and i thought pcee4 was old technology?

Last edited:
System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD FX8350
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
Cooling Boxed
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 24 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x Crucial SSD MX500 @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1x WD40EZRX @4TB/1x WD60EZRX @6TB
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Soprano FX
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply LCPower LC550
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v1903

So I wish, that he can take a lil bit Time pls...

Should values like <regulator-enable value="0"
<output-mode-partial-height-virtualizer-enable value="0"
Be enabled for Dolby Atmos XML preset file?

Last edited:
Should values like <regulator-enable value="0"
<output-mode-partial-height-virtualizer-enable value="0"
Be enabled for Dolby Atmos XML preset file?
Do not enable regulator. This feature is for speaker protection when a proper speaker EQ configuration is provided.
output-mode-partial-height-virtualizer-enable, by the name, seems to be a virtual atmos effect. How it is used is still a mystery. Have to wait until a licensed device uses that to understand the workings.

Do not enable regulator. This feature is for speaker protection when a proper speaker EQ configuration is provided.
output-mode-partial-height-virtualizer-enable, by the name, seems to be a virtual atmos effect. How it is used is still a mystery. Have to wait until a licensed device uses that to understand the workings.
Should the output-mode-virtualizers be enabled at like the height and surround values? Do you have recommended list on what values should be enabled to make Dolby Atmos better, if you don't mind posting it?

Last edited:
LOL. If you use a stereo system you must enable: output-mode-partial-height-virtualizer-enable. It only works with stereo. And as I said earlier, the feature that makes Dolby Atmos different from Dolby Audio, Digital Plus, and Home Theater is the height virtualizer. If you disable it, it's like disabling Atmos. You turn it into Dolby Digital Plus
The height-virtualizer feature only works on stereo systems and does not work with multi-channel systems. Dolby Atmos was originally created to enhance laptop sound quality.

LOL. If you use a stereo system you must enable: output-mode-partial-height-virtualizer-enable. It only works with stereo. And as I said earlier, the feature that makes Dolby Atmos different from Dolby Audio, Digital Plus, and Home Theater is the height virtualizer. If you disable it, it's like disabling Atmos. You turn it into Dolby Digital Plus
The height-virtualizer feature only works on stereo systems and does not work with multi-channel systems. Dolby Atmos was originally created to enhance laptop sound quality.
If that's the case, then I might as well disable the height virtualizer feature because I use a 5.1 system. What about <output-mode-partial-surround-virtualizer-enable="0"?

Last edited:
If that's the case, then I might as well disable the height virtualizer feature because I use a 5.1 system. What about <output-mode-partial-surround-virtualizer-enable="0"?
So are you using Dolby Digital 5.1 technology with Dolby Atmos fake name? Haha :laugh: