• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

After reviewing the posts in question, I agree.

It seems that you two need to it take PMs. The preliminary responses to questions are OK but when you start making it look like a chat room-then I have to make the exception.

So please refrain from making this thread your personal chat room

Now i know what preliminary responses is

Sometimes people needs detailed explanation about the problems that cannot be solved in one or two posts

So i have to extend conversation to solve the whole issue, i can't just give them half solution, & leave half of of it just like that

I hope u understand bogmali

I'am not interested in simple unnecessary chat

I want to help people by giving them complete instructions, obviously it needs more talk, that does not mean it is unnecessary chat

I hope everyone understands

bogmali

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi
System Name Daily Driver/Part Time
Processor Core i7-13700K/Ryzen R5-7600
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX/Asrock B650 Pro RS Wi-Fi
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT AIO/Deep Cool LS-520 White
Memory Patriot 2x16GB DDR5-7200/XPG Lancer Blade 2X16GB DDR-5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX-4080 Super/Sapphire Radeon RX-7800XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe 2TB/KingSpec XG 7000 4TB M.2 NVMe/Crucial P5 Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW
Case Corsair 5000d AirFlow/Asus AP201 White
Audio Device(s) AudioEngine D1 DAC/Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra 1K Watt/Seagotep 750W
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard Adata XPG Summoner
Software Win11 Pro 64
Benchmark Scores Xbox Live Gamertag=jondonken
Sometimes people needs detailed explanation about the problems that cannot be solved in one or two posts

So i have to extend conversation to solve the whole issue, i can't just give them half solution, & leave half of of it just like that

I want to help people by giving them complete instructions, obviously it needs more talk, that does not mean it is unnecessary chat

Extending conversation is thru PMs especially is you are dealing with a one-on-one situation (in this case, you and Jayce). I am not certain if you noticed but the only posts I see are yours and Jayce in the last page and a half. You both turned it into your own chat room and that is the reason I am telling you to take it to PMs.

EDIT:

@OMER which Dolby uwp drivers works with Dolby Atmos for gaming. Is it the 2x.xxx.x or 2.xxxx.xxx.x?

It seems that both of you have a hard time understanding what I am trying to tell you:shadedshu:

Extending conversation is thru PMs especially is you are dealing with a one-on-one situation (in this case, you and Jayce). I am not certain if you noticed but the only posts I see are yours and Jayce in the last page and a half. You both turned it into your own chat room and that is the reason I am telling you to take it to PMs.

Thanks for unblocking me

@OMER my common files/Dolby folder got accidently deleted and all I have is the Dolby folder with just runtime XML file, and now Dolby Atmos for gaming doesn't work anymore. I installed a fresh Windows 10 and install everything and did everything the instructions said and i still get the error message, "there is a problem accessing the Dolby Atmos driver. Please restart the computer or reinstall the driver if the problem presists."

Did u used Active kill disk ?

Last edited:

No not yet it's too late, I was busy trying aomexi to make sure I did it properly.I'll do it tomorrow. But after that will be the last time, I format my pc

Last edited:
No not yet it's too late, I was busy trying aomexi to make sure I did it properly.I'll do it tomorrow. But after that will be the last time, I format my pc

Ya, its too annoying to format multiple times

So solve it in one last try

Use latest APO Driver v2.1.1

26/6/2018
APO Driver 2.0.8
- Update Dolby DAX API Service to 2.1003.251.0

but my dolby atmos gaming show 2.1002.243. can I update it?

Ya, its too annoying to format multiple times

So solve it in one last try

Use latest APO Driver v2.1.1
I have been using latest app driver when I try to get Dolby Atmos for gaming to work.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64

In defense of @bogmali there is an EDIT function under each post that you can use to add further info. Apart from PM that is a great way to reduce this kind of slow-chat you guys are having. Because it does scare others away from a thread.

I say this because I can also get into this habit of slow chatting, and edits can go a long way to prevent this ;)

I have been using latest app driver when I try to get Dolby Atmos for gaming to work.

Give it a last try, if nothing works, use dldolbyblogspot's dolby atmos drivers, maybe it's because of windows 10 updates or Microsoft may be changing audio functioning through every update which is conflicting with various audio enhancers

In defense of @bogmali there is an EDIT function under each post that you can use to add further info. Apart from PM that is a great way to reduce this kind of slow-chat you guys are having. Because it does scare others away from a thread.

I say this because I can also get into this habit of slow chatting, and edits can go a long way to prevent this ;)

Hey Vayra86 adding further info is what moderators are objecting, let it be like that, why object others, when things are going smooth & people are benefitting from more info

26/6/2018
APO Driver 2.0.8
- Update Dolby DAX API Service to 2.1003.251.0

but my dolby atmos gaming show 2.1002.243. can I update it?

Dolby DAX API Service v2.1003.251.0 is driver version
v2.1002.243 is UWP Dolby app version

Last edited:

I have one more solution to fix Dolby Gamig errors

If you want, tell me[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Error in Installing UWP Package Installer, see attached image

UWP Installer Error.PNG

File attaching option is not available in the thread 'Dolby Atmos error', i'am posting it hear

Here is the Dolby Atmos High Quality Preset, test it & tell me

Attachments

• Dolby Atmos High Quality Preset.rar
    1.9 KB · Views: 194
File attaching option is not available in the thread 'Dolby Atmos error', i'am posting it hear

Here is the Dolby Atmos High Quality Preset, test it & tell me

I like the preset so far. Have you tried it yourself yet?

Last edited:
I like the preset so far. Have you tried it yourself yet?

I tried it on virtual machine (VMware) with windows 10, sounds more than expected

After trying out by myself, i shared it to you because i want to know how it worked on your speakers

I tried it on virtual machine (VMware) with windows 10, sounds more than expected

After trying out by myself, i shared it to you because i want to know how it worked on your speakers
It's works great and sounds great with my speakers. Maybe a little more crisp or dialog?

Last edited:
It's works great and sounds great with my speakers. Maybe a little more crisp or dialog?

Results may vary from speakers to speakers totally based on brand & it's speakers quality

On my speakers it sounds both crispy with clear dialogues with high surround sound

The preset is at it's best, because it is dolby so we need dolby certified speakers to fully notice preset's difference

As i said before if i try to any more editings to preset it will result in distorted audio quality

I'am saying this because i tried it on my dolby speakers, it sounds distorted & high crackling sound

If u want i will share normal average volume with decent dialogue clarity preset, because it has low volume you will notice dialogues as more crispy

For that i have to set it to 48000HZ, if you want basic average preset, tell me, i will share

Results may vary from speakers to speakers totally based on brand & it's speakers quality

On my speakers it sounds both crispy with clear dialogues with high surround sound

The preset is at it's best, because it is dolby so we need dolby certified speakers to fully notice preset's difference

As i said before if i try to any more editings to preset it will result in distorted audio quality

I'am saying this because i tried it on my dolby speakers, it sounds distorted & high crackling sound

If u want i will share normal average volume with decent dialogue clarity preset, because it has low volume you will notice dialogues as more crispy

For that i have to set it to 48000HZ, if you want basic average preset, tell me, i will share
The preset perfect with my speakers. I didn't turned the volume up. I was just saying maybe add more because you said it sounds more than expected.