• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

People say MaxxAudio suck around internet. Running under Windows 10
Another is ICE Audio Wizard
Some of the app have MaxxAudio Logo

Calibos

I'm well and truly lost guys. I've been at this for days. I just get the Black screen on the Dolby UWP app telling me to restart etc. Then when I tried to install another app from FX configurator its disappeared!! APO Driver repair instal or reinstall doesn't work. FX Configurator is gone and I cant get it back to even undo the registry changes. To make matters worse, the System Restore point I setup before I started all this messing around so I could undo any and all changes won't work!!!!! My registry must be a mess at this point given all the methods I've tried.

All I wanted was my Win10 64 install on an Asus Z170-a mobo with realtek ALC892 chipset to output Dolby Prologic 2 via the analogue 5.1 outputs to my old Sony DB930 Receivers (That only has DPL1) 5.1 speaker inputs (ie. just using its amps for my KEF 5.1 Speaker system) Everything is fine for Dolby TrueHD etc with everything as standard but I wanted to enable DPL2 Multichannel for Stereo Audio sources like Music and Movies/TV Shows with only a 2 channel soundtrack. I've jumped down this modded driver rabbit hole and now I can't get out!!!

Can anyone help me?

[EDIT]

Arrgh. Been pulling my hair out the last few days with all the hacked driver malarley and hoped that this thread was my salvation.

I've an Asus Z170-A mobo running windows 10 April update. I recently bought a new Receiver for the livingroom Home theater which freed up an old Sony DB930 Receiver for my PC/VR room. I bought myself a lovely KEF E305 (Eggs) 5.1 Speaker system. My intention was for the Realtek Integrated audio chipset on my mobo to do all the encoding/decoding work and feed the old Sony Receiver the 5.1 channel analogue signal, effeectively only using the Receivers Amplification and not using its old Dolby Digital or Pro Logic 1 decoder over optical/Toslink. The latest HD audio formats like Dolby TrueHD and ATMOS are only possible over the analogue outputs anyway. So I can play TrueHD etc movie soundtracks via Kodi and my Realtek 5.1 analogue outputs, through the 5.1 speaker inputs of my old receiver. Worked as expected. Great!! However I was frustrated to find that the Realtek drivers did not support Psuedo Multi-Channel like Dolby Pro Logic 2 for Stereo sources. Thats what sent me down the hacked drivers rabbit hole from which I only have just recovered. Nothin workedf needless to say.

I thought my salvation was here. Have deleted all evidence of the hacked drivers I installed the drivers here with Asussetup and then the latest MS catalogue drivers. My problem now is that while I have the Dolby Pro logic 2 tab when I tick the box the Apply button remains grey'd out and I cannot click it. Not only that but with these drivers I lost the Bass management tickbox on the Realtek app and while my subwoofer works when clicking the speaker icon test tones, when I play 2 channel audio content like a youtube vid, not only am I not getting Pro Logic 2 Psuedo Multichannel, I'm only getting Front left and Right Stereo 2.0 but my Subwoofer isn't outputting any sound either so I'm not even getting 2.1 nevermind 5.1.

Literally all I want from the realtek drivers that I didn't have as standard is Pro Logic 2 Psuedo Multichannel for stereo sources like music or 2 Channel Movie/TV Shows outputting over the Realteks analogue 5.1 outputs to my old receiver.

Can anyone help. I'm pulling my hair out at this stage!!

[EDIT] Sorted it myself....by reverting back to standard drivers. Turns out the included DTS NEO PC DTS Connect does exactly what I want and the reason it was having no effect on the sound was that I was using Youtube on Chrome. WHen I finally demo'd a stereo movie file on my PC all of a sudden I was getting sound coming from my Centre and rears. Then I tried the youtube music vids again but in Microsoft Edge browser this time and DTS Neo PC was working on that too with sound coming from all my speakers. So I knew it wasn't a problem with my realtek drivers nor with youtube but bloody Chrome!!!

Turns out there is a bug in Chrome that outputs a 5.1 flag even when the audio file playing in chrome is only stereo. What this flag does is tell DTS NEO PC that it need not do its Psuedo Surround thing because a genuine 5.1 file is playing....except of course its only 2.0 but the flag stops Neo PC. First results for a solution was to add --force-wave-audio to the Chrome shortcut target but then readf posts from people saying that Google had broken that method too with an update last year. Finally found a working fix.

Type chrome://flags/ into your chrome address bar. You get a page called experiments use at your own risk blah blah

In the Search Flags search bar enter: Causes audio output streams to check if channel layouts other than the default hardware layout are available.

Enable

(Causes audio output streams to check if channel layouts other than the default hardware layout are available. Turning this on will allow the OS to do stereo to surround expansion if supported. May expose third party driver bugs, use with caution. – Windows)

Thats it. DTS NEO PC now worked on youtube in chrome with Psuedo 5.1 coming from all my speakers. Thats all I ever bloody wanted and it was always available to me in the standard drivers all this time it just wouldn't work because of a bug in Bloody Chrome!!! Wasted days on this!!

Last edited:
People say MaxxAudio suck around internet. Running under Windows 10
Another is ICE Audio Wizard
Some of the app have MaxxAudio Logo

Please, add native VIA enhancer from driver to your APO driver.

Please, add native VIA enhancer from driver to your APO driver.

I have tested the enhancement options not shown on non VIA chips.
I have added a VIA config on new developing APO Driver. If you have VIA High Definition Audio Driver installed want to change back to original APO config, just load the VIA config. For current APO Driver, you can restore endpoint registry to turn back original APO config.

I have tested the enhancement options not shown on non VIA chips.
I have added a VIA config on new developing APO Driver. If you have VIA High Definition Audio Driver installed want to change back to original APO config, just load the VIA config. For current APO Driver, you can restore endpoint registry to turn back original APO config.

Alanfox can you tell me how to install new format of NH3Productsettings.cab, take a look at image

Nahimic 3.PNG

APO Driver 2.1.6
- Add Dolby DAX API Service 3.20200.247.0
- Update FX Configurator to 2.0.1.2
- Update Creative.UWPRPCService.exe to 2.0.2.1
- Update NahimicService to 2.1.6.52885
- Add QSound support
- Add VIA System Effect Config hardware specified support
- Add Dolby Atmos/Atmos Sound System Config hardware specified support
- Update all dll files with newer file signature

FX Configurator 2.0.1.2
- New GUI Design
- Add Product Config Tool
- Remake all ini configs

Audio/Sound Enhancers Updates
Add Dolby UWP Apps version 3.20200.247.0
Remove Dolby OEM Settings and Headphones for Speaker Preset
Add Dolby Preset 3.xxxxx.yyy.z
Add Sonic Radar 3 UWP app
Add NH3ProductSettings.cab

Note that Dolby UWP Apps version 3.xxxxx.yyy.z support 5.1 and 7.1 offically on the xml file

The new tool replace to reading Notes to using ini and reg
PCT.png

Last edited:

picarito

APO Driver 2.1.6
- Add QSound support

FX Configurator 2.0.1.2
- New GUI Design
- Remake all ini configs

Note that Dolby UWP Apps version 3.xxxxx.yyy.z support 5.1 and 7.1 offically on the xml file

View attachment 105108
is the configuration of multiple sound enchachers back in latest?

APO Driver 2.1.6
- Add QSound support

FX Configurator 2.0.1.2
- New GUI Design
- Remake all ini configs

View attachment 105108

Fabulous Job, but I noticed CPU Usage little increased with Dolby Atmos gaming v3 compared to previous versions

Why FX Configurator v2.1.6 size is 24mb, did u removed unnecessary specific hardware supported audio enhancers

So Dolby v3 UWP Apps are limited to specific hardware, it means we no longer cannot use Dolby v3 UWP apps on any hardware

Can u please describe how to install dolby audio enhancers in new fx configurator, it has many new config's & registries, it's confusing

Does Sonic Radar 3 UWP app supports every hardware ?

All Dolby uwp apps v3 shows COM EXCEPTION errors whenever I click on Game profile, look at below image

This error is same in all other dolby uwp apps v3 in game profile

this error is because of dolby uwp new v3 presets, when I used v2 presets It works well

problem is with v3 presets, can u edit or do something to this new v3 presets

Dolby Gaming error.PNG

Last edited:
What runtimes does Dolby v3 apps require?

List is below

Needed UWP .NET Frameworks for v2 & v3
============================
Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1.3 - Dolby Audio

Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.4 - Dolby Audio

Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1.6 - Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atoms for Gaming

Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.6 - Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atoms for Gaming

Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1.7 - Dolby Audio, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atoms for Gaming, Dolby Atoms Sound System, Dolby Atoms Speaker System, Dolby Audio Premium

Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.7 - Dolby Audio, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atoms for Gaming, Dolby Atoms Sound System, Dolby Atoms Speaker System, Dolby Audio Premium

Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00 - Dolby Audio, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atoms Sound System, Dolby Atoms for Gaming, Dolby Atoms Speaker System

List is below

Needed UWP .NET Frameworks for v2 & v3
============================
Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1.3 - Dolby Audio

Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.4 - Dolby Audio

Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1.6 - Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atoms for Gaming

Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.6 - Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atoms for Gaming

Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1.7 - Dolby Audio, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atoms for Gaming, Dolby Atoms Sound System, Dolby Atoms Speaker System, Dolby Audio Premium

Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.7 - Dolby Audio, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atoms for Gaming, Dolby Atoms Sound System, Dolby Atoms Speaker System, Dolby Audio Premium

Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00 - Dolby Audio, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atoms Sound System, Dolby Atoms for Gaming, Dolby Atoms Speaker System
So 1.6, 1.7, and also vclibs 140.00 for both runtime and frameworks? Does it matter what order u install it?

@OMER are you going to use Dolby Atmos or Dolby Atmos for gaming for v3?

Last edited:
So 1.6, 1.7, and also vclibs 140.00 for both runtime and frameworks? Does it matter what order u install it?

No need to install vclibs 140.00 for every .net frameworks & runtimes

vclibs 140.00 is integrated in all listed dolby uwp apps frameworks & runtimes

@OMER are you going to use Dolby Atmos or Dolby Atmos for gaming for v3?

Obviously Dolby Atmos for gaming v3 which I always give priority over all other audio enhancers

Last edited:
Redownload "Dolby UWP Apps External Speakers Settings.rar", it contains fixed Dolby Atmos for Gaming 3.xxxxx.yyy.z preset

DAX3API.exe CPU using 0%
PIC1.png

For Dolby Atmos for Gaming Radar
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dolby\DAX3\RADARHOST\DSRConfig.xml
DSRConfig.xml show what games is support, you can add a exe to the xml file
I don't know what it look like in the game, would someone post a picture here?
HTML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Config>
    <Game process="dota2.exe">
        <DirectXVersion value="9"/>
    </Game>
    <Game process="hl2.exe">
    </Game>
    <Game process="left4dead2.exe">
    </Game>
    <Game process="left4dead.exe">
    </Game>
    <Game process="csgo.exe">
    </Game>
    <Game process="KFGame.exe">
        <DirectXVersion value="11"/>
    </Game>
    <Game process="witcher3.exe">
    </Game>
    <Game process="DarkSoulsIII.exe">
    </Game>
    <Game process="Borderlands2.exe">
    </Game>
    <Game process="dcs.exe">
    </Game>
    <Game process="eurotrucks2.exe">
    </Game>
    <Game process="payday2_win32_release.exe">
    </Game>
    <Game process="mafia3.exe">
    </Game>
    <Game process="Dishonored2.exe">
    </Game>
</Config>

The new change on xml file, please test if it works if you have 5.1 or 7.1 speakers
Code:
For 5.1 or 7.1 speakers - Dolby DAX API Service 3.xxxxx.yyy.z
change from total_count="2" front_count="2" side_count="0" height_count="0" has_subwoofer="0" to
5.1 speakers: total_count="5" front_count="2" side_count="2" height_count="0" has_subwoofer="1"
7.1 speakers: total_count="7" front_count="2" side_count="2" height_count="2" has_subwoofer="1"

Last edited:
Install Dolby Atmos for Gaming UWP app and you will get RADARHOST folder

GIGABYTE Notebook Function: Sound Radar (AERO 15 (i7-8750H))
I am installing Dolby Atmos for gaming and it hasn't created RADARHOST folder and I been waiting 20 minutes. And I get a error message from the app saying I have reinstall drivers

I am installing Dolby Atmos for gaming and it hasn't created RADARHOST folder and I been waiting 20 minutes. And I get a error message from the app saying I have reinstall drivers
Use fixed gaming preset xml file and restart dolbydaxapi service

Use fixed gaming preset xml file and restart dolbydaxapi service
so with product config tool, should I choose dolby atmos for gaming v3 config settings? which I have choosen. And I am now using the fixed xml file and restarted dolby service, I'm still waitng for RADARHOST folder

so with product config tool, should I choose dolby atmos for gaming v3 config settings? which I have choosen. And I am now using the fixed xml file and restarted dolby service, I'm still waitng for RADARHOST folder
choose dolby atmos for gaming v3 config
reinstall Dolby Atmos for gaming app and launch the app

jihoon83

Hi Alanfox2000.
Preset 10/08/2018 Dolby for Gaming not fix, you can reup Preset Dolby for Gaming fix i need test it.
I try remove dolby, Fixit, Dolby for Gaming Apps and reinstall APO Driver, Dolby for Gaming, copy preset fix not working :( and CPU high use @@

@alanfox2000 I just got DolbyAtmos for gaming to work. RADARHOST folder created, Thank you man, your a legend. But I get com expections error.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    70.8 KB · Views: 675
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 685
Last edited:
Make sure you have used the fixed Dolby Atmos for Gaming 3.xxxxx.yyy.z preset
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ha2hw3dhd3mma0u/Dolby_UWP_Apps_External_Speakers_Settings.rar/file

Delete C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dolby\DAX3\Runtime.xml
Restart dolbydaxapi service
I did that and I still get the com expections errors. when I copy the fixed presets and delete runtime.xml. Only 2.xxxx.yyy.z presets work. But 3.xxxxx.yyy.z isn't working for me.

Right now I'm using 2.xxxx.yyy.z preset. And its perfectly working.

Does Realtek high audio driver work with Dolby atmos for uwp apps v3? Cause I don't have any sound with it installed with Dolby Atmos for Gaming.

Only high definition audio driver, I was able to get sound with Dolby Atmos for gaming.

Last edited: