• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

Why did you removed Dolby UWP v2 from APO Driver v2.1.9
Same Component ID, all OEM laptop preinstall with API v2.xxxx.yyy.z can use API v3.xxxxx.yyy.z
API v3.xxxxx.yyy.z Component ID SWC\VEN_DOLBY&PID_DAX3APOSVC
API v2.xxxx.yyy.z Component ID SWC\VEN_DOLBY&PID_DAX3APOSVC
API v2.x.yyy.z Component ID SWC\VEN_DOLBY&PID_DAX3APISVC

You can rename the default.xml to HWID
Example:
Hardware ID
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1458A002&REV_1003
XML File Name
HDAUDIO_DEV_0892_SUBSYS_1458A002_PCI_SUBSYS_A0021458.xml

USB
Hardware ID
USB\VID_8087&PID_8000&REV_0005
XML File Name
USB_VID_8087_PID_8000.XML

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions on my setup. As of now, everything important (movies/music) seems to work fine.

Before I restarted the Dolby installation, I had installed the Spatial Sound Card (standalone GE version) to try it out. It worked beautifully.
After trying various combinations, I kept the Spatial Sound Card and added the Dolby Digital Plus HT 7.6.5.1.
The combination of the two still sounds great (a bit more boost with both of them on) and if needed, I can disable the Spatial Sound Card.
I set the system up for 24 bit, 48kHz.

The only problem I find now, is playing videos through Chrome (Youtube stuff).
Even though its buffer seems to have preloaded enough of the video, there is a delay now and then (at almost regular intervals) as if it's downloading (it is) and can't do two things in parallel.
Chrome goes up to around 30% CPU whereas SSC and Dolby stay down to 2-6%.
Maybe it's a Chrome setting somewhere but I'll have to look for it.

So far, I'm a happy camper :)
Thank you all for the help.

bobbetto10

Hello. i have a realtek alc 892 (Asrock z97m pro4 motherboard). I'd like to install Sound Blaster 720 program. Is it possible ? Can anyone guide me, would really appreciate that, thanks!

P.S: I forgot to ask, Do i need Realtek driver installed or just windows generic one, I have default generic one right now.

Same Component ID, all OEM laptop preinstall with API v2.xxxx.yyy.z can use API v3.xxxxx.yyy.z
API v3.xxxxx.yyy.z Component ID SWC\VEN_DOLBY&PID_DAX3APOSVC
API v2.xxxx.yyy.z Component ID SWC\VEN_DOLBY&PID_DAX3APOSVC
API v2.x.yyy.z Component ID SWC\VEN_DOLBY&PID_DAX3APISVC

You can rename the default.xml to HWID
Example:
Hardware ID
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1458A002&REV_1003
XML File Name
HDAUDIO_DEV_0892_SUBSYS_1458A002_PCI_SUBSYS_A0021458.xml

USB
Hardware ID
USB\VID_8087&PID_8000&REV_0005
XML File Name
USB_VID_8087_PID_8000.XML

I renamed Default xml to HWID, it shows error, can u edit my hw id xml for me, it is below

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_1458A002&REV_1003

I renamed Default xml to HWID, it shows error, can u edit my hw id xml for me, it is below

This is the example HWID, not yours.

Hello. i have a realtek alc 892 (Asrock z97m pro4 motherboard). I'd like to install Sound Blaster 720 program. Is it possible ? Can anyone guide me, would really appreciate that, thanks!

P.S: I forgot to ask, Do i need Realtek driver installed or just windows generic one, I have default generic one right now.
APO Driver - > Feature: Creative Sound Blaster Desktop Apps
FX Configurator -> Endpoint: Speakers -> Product Config Tool -> Sound Blaster Connect 2 Desktop App

@alanfox2000 sometimes when I turn off/on Dolby Atmos for gaming effect, the windows audio messes up and then I have either restore to previous point or restart the PC for it to not spaz out. Can you fix this issue in the next APO driver.

Last edited:

bobbetto10

@

APO Driver - > Feature: Creative Sound Blaster Desktop Apps
FX Configurator -> Endpoint: Speakers -> Product Config Tool -> Sound Blaster Connect 2 Desktop App

Hello,thanks for answering!
I found on the forum this modded_realtek_hda_8409_WIN10_64_dolby_dts_sbx720_eqapo_06042018.exe, is this same of Apo Driver or different ? (Maybe just different installation?)

HDAUDIO_DEV_0887_SUBSYS_1458A002_PCI_SUBSYS_A0021458.xml
according to example. this should be the correct one. I dont have error Just test it

HDAUDIO_DEV_0887_SUBSYS_1458A002_PCI_SUBSYS_A0021458.xml
according to example. this should be the correct one. I dont have error Just test it

I tried exactly this one but didn't worked, I'll try again

Thank u

You laptop support desktop version of dolby atmos.
Just install the desktop dolby atmos driver, api and app. And use the product config tool.
Can you sure the xml file under c:\\program files\commomfiles\Dolby for fixing tuning data missing for other unsupported Dolby Atmos PC?
Hi, I'm worth a desktop dolby atmos driver, api and app. I just thought that something else could be improved.

Attachments

• Снимок.PNG
    Снимок.PNG
    31.6 KB · Views: 535
Unable to open Control Panel DAX3DesktopUI.exe
.Net Runtime Error show on Event Log
Code:
Application: DAX3DesktopUI.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentNullException
   at System.Windows.Interop.WindowInteropHelper..ctor(System.Windows.Window)
   at System.Windows.MessageBox.Show(System.Windows.Window, System.String, System.String, System.Windows.MessageBoxButton, System.Windows.MessageBoxImage)
   at DAXDesktopUI.APIManager.DolbyGateway.InitAPIInterface(Boolean)
   at DAXDesktopUI.APIManager.DolbyGateway..cctor()

Exception Info: System.TypeInitializationException
   at DAXDesktopUI.ViewModel.OutputsWndViewModel.Initialize()
   at DAXDesktopUI.ViewModel.MainViewModel..ctor(DAXDesktopUI.MainWindow)
   at DAXDesktopUI.MainWindow..ctor()
   at DAXDesktopUI.App.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at DAXDesktopUI.App.Main()

Is someone able to open Dolby Atmos Desktop Control Panel using 1.1.7.22 version on non-official dolby supported pc?

@DmiTrah , I have made a Dolby Atmos for Gaming XML 3.2.0 for you HWID. You can upgrade from desktop app to UWP app.
https://drop.me/o183ye

Edit1:
http://investor.xperi.com/news-rele...ion-showcase-latest-technologies-mobile-world

DTS:X® Ultra 1.0 for PC and Mobile - This product represents DTS' best immersive audio experience for games, VR and AR experiences. DTS:X Ultra supports 5.1 and 7.1 multi-channel audio and provides support for audio objects. Additionally, redesigned post-processing for speaker and headphone routes include enhanced bass response and headphone tuning for up to six pre-loaded, featured headphones.

It seem there are no DTS:X® Ultra individual software, you can only get it on Logitech Gaming Software.

Logitech G560 Gaming Speakers

Last edited:
@DmiTrah , I have made a Dolby Atmos for Gaming XML 3.2.0 for you HWID. You can upgrade from desktop app to UWP app.
Hi, thanks for the help. But if it does not make it difficult for you, could you write down the points on the points, how and what to do? For example 1,2,3 ...) I do not understand anything at all.
Well, I forgot the main thing to know, but does it make sense for me to do something, will it sound better?

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard ASRock B550M PRO4
Cooling DeepCool AK620
Memory Kingston FURY™ Beast DDR4 3200MT/s DDR4 8 GB x 2 CL16-18-18
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 5700 XT 8GB
Storage SAMSUNG 850 PRO 256 GB
Display(s) HP Compaq LA2306x
Case N/A
Audio Device(s) GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS E1
Power Supply DeepCool PM750D 750W Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Cougar Minos X2
Keyboard Corsair K70 MX RED
Software Windows 11 22H2
I have a really old Creative Sound Blaster Live! 24-Bit laying around, which Creative sound Enhancer can I use with it?

Perrett

Mine does not work
I installed Dolby advanced audio v2 (Windows 10) did not give any driver error or something similar but the equalizer does not work, and it makes no difference if I disable or enable the sound continues the same thing ... neither in the demonstration the sound changes
but the sound had an improvement it got louder and with more bass however have this problem it makes no difference disable or enable advanced audio V2 or tweak the equalizer
(I used Google Translator) I Speak Portugese brazilian sorry
nao funfa.png
Sem título.png

@alanfox2000
is it possible to install Sonic Studio 3 on Asus maximus Viii formula board ?
this board already have sonic studio 2 as default but i wondering is it possible to upgrade it to sonic studio 3.

EDIT:my audio Codec is ALC1150
my hardware id is
Code:
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_10438691&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_10438691

Hello guys , I have creative headset h7 , what audio enhancers to use for gaming virtual surround 7.1 ? I use cinema 5 very good, but I want to try more. All support virtual 7.1?

@alanfox2000
is it possible to install Sonic Studio 3 on Asus maximus Viii formula board ?
this board already have sonic studio 2 as default but i wondering is it possible to upgrade it to sonic studio 3.

EDIT:my audio Codec is ALC1150
my hardware id is
Code:
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_10438691&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_10438691
Sonic Studio 3 UWP not support your HWID.

Dolby Atmos Speaker System for Gaming use Dolby Atmos or Gaming app, just different XML file.

I had made ThinkSmart Hub 500 / 700 Presets for Dolby Atmos Speaker System and Dolby Atmos Speaker System for Gaming

The ThinkSmart Hub 500 / 700 integrated speakers look likes external speakers. The value in <audio-optimizer-bands> and <regulator-tuning> make audio a big different.
hub500.jpg

ThinkSmart Hub 500 with Lenovo and Xiaomi Headphones Settings
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zn9lvivu0uc07ki/ThinkSmart_Hub_500_w_Lenovo_Xiaomi_HP_Settings.7z/file

ThinkSmart Hub 700 with Lenovo and Xiaomi Headphones Settings
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hagzp0bhsfccg7x/ThinkSmart_Hub_700_w_Lenovo_Xiaomi_HP_Settings.7z/file

Last edited:
Sonic Studio 3 UWP not support your HWID.

Dolby Atmos Speaker System for Gaming use Dolby Atmos or Gaming app, just different XML file.

I had made ThinkSmart Hub 500 / 700 Presets for Dolby Atmos Speaker System and Dolby Atmos Speaker System for Gaming

The ThinkSmart Hub 500 / 700 integrated speakers look likes external speakers. The value in <audio-optimizer-bands> and <regulator-tuning> make audio a big different.
View attachment 106863

ThinkSmart Hub 500 with Lenovo and Xiaomi Headphones Settings
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zn9lvivu0uc07ki/ThinkSmart_Hub_500_w_Lenovo_Xiaomi_HP_Settings.7z/file

ThinkSmart Hub 700 with Lenovo and Xiaomi Headphones Settings
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hagzp0bhsfccg7x/ThinkSmart_Hub_700_w_Lenovo_Xiaomi_HP_Settings.7z/file
Is there a difference between Dolby Atmos for gaming and Dolby Atmos speaker system for gaming? For example, better sound quality? Better UI?, Etc