• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

Headset USB not effect with creative sound blaster connect UWP....

Edit: I try many times but when I restart my pc and try again it works....

Edit2: What is better OEM software creative acoustic engine pro or sound blaster connect 720 (alanfox) ?

Last edited:
Realtek don't post UAD on their official website, new OEM laptop with Win10 x64 have integrated with Realtek UAD. Also, ASUS provide some of the motherboards with new UAD driver for Win10 x64 so Desktop PC could use.

2.2.5 DTS UWP : DTAPO3Service cannot start

Attachments

• 20181002172129.png
    20181002172129.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 422

herogab

@alanfox2000 hi please do not remove realtek windows 7 in the fxconfigurator because it very usefull for usb device like razer shitly sound ^^ and seriously i love your work u need to make a donation page :love: i have no fulll money but i will be happy to give a litle 2 or 3 $
xxx keep your work on i luv it

For some reason, the only way that I got to make the "Dolby Atmos For Gaming Speaker version" work on my pc, is installing a modded driver that I've downloaded from another website (dldolby.blogspot). Then with the FX Conf. I selected the modded endpoind driver > "Jump to FxProperties Key" > Then in regedit I clicked at "FXProperties" with the right botton > Export > I saved the propertie it on desktop with a random name.

Then I uninstalled everything, the Dolby modded drive from the other website and deleted all regedit properties with the cleaning tool that I found here.

Then installed the original driver with "windows update", with the "BCU unistaller" I uninstalle the "IDT Audio Control Painel". Restart the PC

Then:
- I installed the APO and I selected the dax api 3.
- Installed the Dolby Atmos For gaming APPX and the preset version 3.2.0 of the gaming speaker version (the best that I think to 2.1 speakers)
- With the FX configurator I selected the "active endpoint"
- "Jump to FxProperties Key"
- I copied the number of the propertie (it looks like {0da5a7f9-2f51-4678-81e4-cbbbfab0ba8c})
- I edited the "reg. propertie" that I had saved on desktop with the random name and changed the first line :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Render\{ I changed the property number here by what I got in the last step }\FxProperties]

Then I clicked the reg file of the Desktop and confirmed

FX Configurator I used the "product config tool"

And it's worked!

I see that in the "APO Driver\Products\Registry" there a lot of registry

But neither one was the "Dolby Atmos Gaming"

But i found the 720°'s reg. And it's worked when I tried to install the "soundblaster 720" . I just installed the reg manualy and the soundblaster "Audio Enhancers" is started to work!

Sorry if this text was confusing. English is not my native language. :/

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
It works when using SBConnect 2 desktop app, and not SBConnect2 UWP app. the UWP version of SBConnect2 did not detect my onboard audio device, even with the kga files generated.

only SBConnect2 desktop app can recognize kga files from this specific path but not the SBConnect UWP app

whoops, I take these back. it turns out I need to regenerate a new set of kga files when switching from using Creative MBAPO2 desktop integration & SBConnect2 desktop app onto the MBAPO2 UWP integration (aka Creative UWP driver) & SBConnect2 UWP app (or vice versa)

so I recently got the SBConnect2 UWP app working with the re-generated kga files

I was not fully aware about the changes with the Creative MBAPO2 files that alanfox2000 mentioned a few months ago. seemed like Creative removed the kga license detection starting with v2.0.0.16/v2.0.0.17 of the mbapo232.dll & mbapo264.dll files

which one do you recommend?

sound blaster vs dolby

windows10 rs4 thank you

Help please..

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
dolby atmos speaker system gaming app vs dolby atmos speaker system app

which one is better?

Thank you.
dolby atmos speaker system gaming app contain all features of dolby atmos speaker system with additional enhancements for games.

vexa

Hi, I need some enhancements for my current setup:
  • 2.1 speaker (thonet & vander grub) and sometimes superlux HD668B / ATH M50s
  • MSI H61M-P31 G.3 (ALC887)
  • i5 3330, 2x4gb ram
  • Windows 10 RS5
I mainly use them for music (multiple genres) and movies. No gaming for now; no dedicated gpu (talking about their current price)
I just re-installed my PC so it doesn't have realtek drivers installed.
So, what kind of mod(s) works best for my setup, and I'm a total noob in this area (just found out about modded realtek drivers last night). So if someone can guide me through the process I'd be very thankful.

@alanfox2000
How I use DDP Render.ini and DTS Surround Sensation Speaker + DTS Symmetry + DTS Boost + DTS Connect Neo PC.ini?
2 in 1?
I'm lost of these :(
Can you help me please?
Thanx in advance :)

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Hi, I need some enhancements for my current setup:

2.1 speaker (thonet & vander grub) and sometimes superlux HD668B / ATH M50s

MSI H61M-P31 G.3 (ALC887)

i5 3330, 2x4gb ram

Windows 10 RS5

I mainly use them for music (multiple genres) and movies. No gaming for now; no dedicated gpu (talking about their current price)

I just re-installed my PC so it doesn't have realtek drivers installed.

So, what kind of mod(s) works best for my setup, and I'm a total noob in this area (just found out about modded realtek drivers last night). So if someone can guide me through the process I'd be very thankful.

You can use stock Realtek driver, or not use any drivers. If your stock driver offers any special hardware enhancement, e.g. multipurpose jack retasking or such, use your Realtek driver, or else keep the stock Windows driver for the rest of the procedures.

If you plan on watching any Atmos movies on PC, use Dolby Atmos enhancers, or else use Dolby Digital Plus (easiest to install).

1. Download APO driver from alanfox's page.
2. Install it with the Dolby Digital Plus option selected.
3. Open Fxconfigurator, click on Product Config Tool and select Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater.
4. Got to the sound enhancer page and download

If you want Atmos enhancers, please do say so. Some more steps is needed, but if not, use Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater.

vexa

You can use stock Realtek driver, or not use any drivers. If your stock driver offers any special hardware enhancement, e.g. multipurpose jack retasking or such, use your Realtek driver, or else keep the stock Windows driver for the rest of the procedures.

If you plan on watching any Atmos movies on PC, use Dolby Atmos enhancers, or else use Dolby Digital Plus (easiest to install).

2. Install it with the Dolby Digital Plus option selected.
3. Open Fxconfigurator, click on Product Config Tool and select Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater.
4. Got to the sound enhancer page and download

If you want Atmos enhancers, please do say so. Some more steps is needed, but if not, use Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater.

Hi! thanks for the reply. I've watched the video that you gave me earlier, and now I have some basic understanding about the installation and stuff, thanks to you!
Now the problem is, there are too many enhancers available on their website, and I really wanna know the difference between those. But if you suggest to try Dolby , then yeah lets do it.
But whats the difference between these two? harder one to install should be better, right? hehe

Bruci

Hello,
I try it here, according to the APO driver site (If you have any issues, you can replay to this post)
I have Windows 10 on my HTPC:
Installations Steps:
1. C++ framework package for Desktop Bridge_V14
2. Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes_2017.x64
3. dotNetAppx_x86_x64
4. VisualCppAppx_x86_x64
5. VisualCppRedist_AIO_x86_x64
6. APO-Drver 2.2.5:x64 (Dolby Digital Plus with driver Dolby DS1 7.6.5.1 respectively Dolby Home Theatre V4 with driver Dolby PCEE4 7.2.8)
7. Enhancer Dolby Digital Plus respectively Dolby Theatre V4
8. FX Configurator (Endpoints-> [Active] Loudspeaker...., then Dolby Digital Plus respectively Dolby Theatre V4
Then I open the enhancer and I can do nothing (the equalizer shows no sound).
I try both variants, no success.
What can I do :clap:

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Hi! thanks for the reply. I've watched the video that you gave me earlier, and now I have some basic understanding about the installation and stuff, thanks to you!
Now the problem is, there are too many enhancers available on their website, and I really wanna know the difference between those. But if you suggest to try Dolby , then yeah lets do it.
But whats the difference between these two? harder one to install should be better, right? hehe
Dolby Atmos has additional support for Atmos audio and special features for games.
It is a later version of dolby apps.
DDP is still quite useful if you don't have special requirements.
Hello,
I try it here, according to the APO driver site (If you have any issues, you can replay to this post)
I have Windows 10 on my HTPC:
Installations Steps:
1. C++ framework package for Desktop Bridge_V14
2. Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes_2017.x64
3. dotNetAppx_x86_x64
4. VisualCppAppx_x86_x64
5. VisualCppRedist_AIO_x86_x64
6. APO-Drver 2.2.5:x64 (Dolby Digital Plus with driver Dolby DS1 7.6.5.1 respectively Dolby Home Theatre V4 with driver Dolby PCEE4 7.2.8)
7. Enhancer Dolby Digital Plus respectively Dolby Theatre V4
8. FX Configurator (Endpoints-> [Active] Loudspeaker...., then Dolby Digital Plus respectively Dolby Theatre V4
Then I open the enhancer and I can do nothing (the equalizer shows no sound).
I try both variants, no success.
What can I do :clap:
Try DTS Surround Sensation

vexa

Dolby Atmos has additional support for Atmos audio and special features for games.
It is a later version of dolby apps.
DDP is still quite useful if you don't have special requirements.

Alright I'll try atmos. What's the additional steps?

DigitalAnomaly

Hi guys, I got DTS and SB Cinema to work but am stuck on MB5. I can understand there are some numbers in Disk.id file but not sure where to put them and not sure what to do with all the kga files either. I just keep getting hardware not supported even though the sound quality changes after selecting MB5 in the configurator.... please help

Attachments

• 2018-10-12.png
    2018-10-12.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 316
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Alright I'll try atmos. What's the additional steps?
2. Install it with the option Dolby DAX API Service with first number being 3.*** selected.
3. Open Fxconfigurator, click on Product Config Tool and select the option as in below picture. Apply it.
1539328770782.png

4. Got to the this mediafire page and download DolbyLaboratories.DolbyAtmosforGaming_3.20201.249.0_x64__rz1tebttyb220.Appx from folder with first number 3.***.
5. From this same above linked page, go to folder Preset and download default preset.
6. install the Appx file. If you cannot install, check/download UWP-Package-Installer from this link.
7. Open the preset folder and extract folder XML Version 3.2.0 - Dolby Atmos Speaker System for Gaming in a temporary folder.
8. Make sure no xml file under C:\Windows\System32\dolbyaposvc
9. Copy all xml files from the temporary folder to C:\Windows\System32\dolbyaposvc
10. Restart your PC. (If you don't want to restart your PC, open task manager, go to service tab and restart Dolby DAX API Service. Still recommend to restart PC.)
11. Open the Dolby Atmos for Gaming and see if it shows that Dynamic preset is loaded. Try playing something and turn off and on the enhancement to check if it is properly working.

vexa

2. Install it with the option Dolby DAX API Service with first number being 3.*** selected.
3. Open Fxconfigurator, click on Product Config Tool and select the option as in below picture. Apply it.
View attachment 108521
4. Got to the this mediafire page and download DolbyLaboratories.DolbyAtmosforGaming_3.20201.249.0_x64__rz1tebttyb220.Appx from folder with first number 3.***.
5. From this same above linked page, go to folder Preset and download default preset.
6. install the Appx file. If you cannot install, check/download UWP-Package-Installer from this link.
7. Open the preset folder and extract folder XML Version 3.2.0 - Dolby Atmos Speaker System for Gaming in a temporary folder.
9. Copy all xml files from the temporary folder to C:\Windows\System32\dolbyaposvc
10. Restart your PC. (If you don't want to restart your PC, open task manager, go to service tab and restart Dolby DAX API Service. Still recommend to restart PC.)
11. Open the Dolby Atmos for Gaming and see if it shows that Dynamic preset is loaded. Try playing something and turn off and on the enhancement to check if it is properly working.

hi, thank you for the detailed instructions. But why the dolby gaming? What about the other like, let say Dolby Audio Premium or Dolby atmos sound system? the "gaming" name doesn't seem appealing to me since I don't really play game (although I have no idea about the difference between all these dolbys).
Is this method works only on Dolby gaming, or can I do the same to install different dolby enhancer?

Again, sorry to bother you, I really appreciate your help.

++++EDIT++++

Nvm, Dolby atmos for gaming is the biggest among them all, so I assume it's the complete pack (I really have no idea tho). will try to install this and update the result here soon.

Last edited:
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
hi, thank you for the detailed instructions. But why the dolby gaming? What about the other like, let say Dolby Audio Premium or Dolby atmos sound system? the "gaming" name doesn't seem appealing to me since I don't really play game (although I have no idea about the difference between all these dolbys).
Is this method works only on Dolby gaming, or can I do the same to install different dolby enhancer?

Again, sorry to bother you, I really appreciate your help.

++++EDIT++++

Nvm, Dolby atmos for gaming is the biggest among them all, so I assume it's the complete pack (I really have no idea tho). will try to install this and update the result here soon.

I myself have not played any games since a long while; I just use it as it seems the most featured.

I myself have not played any games since a long while; I just use it as it seems the most featured.
It's not just for games. The sound quality is very much different and better imho, then regular Dolby Atmos/dolby Atmos speaker system.

vexa

It's not just for games. The sound quality is very much different and better imho, then regular Dolby Atmos/dolby Atmos speaker system.

thank you guys, everything installed and runs perfectly, but dolby gaming has very limited option.
It does dramatically improve sound quality on both my headphones and speakers tho.
can I combine this with other enhancement? I use Viper4android on my phone and It boost the sound on even the cheapest, worst headphones.
I also like that V4A has plenty of option to fine tune the sound to my liking.
I see viper4windows here, is it stable? can I use it alongside dolby gaming?
or else, what's the best enhancement to pair with dolby gaming? and how?

thank you guys, everything installed and runs perfectly, but dolby gaming has very limited option.
It does dramatically improve sound quality on both my headphones and speakers tho.
can I combine this with other enhancement? I use Viper4android on my phone and It boost the sound on even the cheapest, worst headphones.
I also like that V4A has plenty of option to fine tune the sound to my liking.
I see viper4windows here, is it stable? can I use it alongside dolby gaming?
or else, what's the best enhancement to pair with dolby gaming? and how?
Sound BlasterX 720: It has a lot of custom. Sound clarity and rich bass

Norvator

View attachment 108521

hi, thanks for the guide, the application opens but and I do not have any sound effect. in FX configurator,Do I have to select what is active or not?, I just clicked as the image that you say

1539349548526.png

1539349256063.png