• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Dear audio expert,

i've installed APO Driver and Dolby Atmos for Gaming on my bluetooth aptx and sounds great. but my aptx device only supported 16 bit 48000 hz on the maximum. can anybody give me a Dolby Atmos preset for 16 bit ?

Thank you and best regards.
The application processes at 32 bit float. Dolby does not either processes at 24 bit or 16 bit. Windows convert the final audio to 16 bit.
Thus you are already getting the best possible audio.

The application processes at 32 bit float. Dolby does not either processes at 24 bit or 16 bit. Windows convert the final audio to 16 bit.
Thus you are already getting the best possible audio.

ok got it, and how to adjust bass on dynamic mode ? is that possible ?

Last edited:
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
ok got it, and how to adjust bass on dynamic mode ? is that possible ?
Increase <ieq-amount value="10"/> value from 10 to a larger number. Bass will increase and treble decrease.

Edit these value and restart DolbyDAXAPI service
Image 8.png

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Before increasing the bass enhancer boost value, i think that the bass enhancer enable value must be changed; it seems disabled.
All XML from OEM <bass-enhancer-enable value="0"/> and <audio-optimizer-enable value="0"/>
Is it because the IEQ on dynamic, movie, music, game and voice profiles automatically turn on/off bass enhancer and bass enhancer?
OEM make a different headphones XML with different audio-optimizer-bands, but audio-optimizer-enable value is 0.
I can hear the different even audio-optimizer-enable value is 0.
Image 9.png

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
All XML from OEM <bass-enhancer-enable value="0"/> and <audio-optimizer-enable value="0"/>
Is it because the IEQ on dynamic, movie, music, game and voice profiles automatically turn on/off bass enhancer and bass enhancer?
OEM make a different headphones XML with different audio-optimizer-bands, but audio-optimizer-enable value is 0.
I can hear the different even audio-optimizer-enable value is 0.
View attachment 112016
I don't know much about if audio optimizer is applied; it isn't supposed to apply to headphones. This paper explains most of Dolby's tech, why and what purpose they serve.

Last edited:

krush_lion

Hello guys, I just installed DTS Headphone X on my laptop. I followed the instructions according to @alanfox2000 website. But I can't select or change any settings in the DTS control panel. Even though, it seems to work, but can't change headphone type or any settings. I'd really appreciate some help. Thank you in advance.

Guys I think I've messed up my system audio-wise and I have no idea how to fix that.

I just tried out these apo drivers as a last resort. Installation went fine, but eventually I got no sound at all. In apos config manager I tried out various configs for my active audio device to unlock surround sound (I believe the last one I tried was DTS connect) and eventually surround settings showed up in the realtek properties. But when I started the audio test I couldn't hear anything.

Later on I chose to give up entirely and live with stereo (for now at least). So I uninstalled apo and reinstalled the realtek stock drivers (I uninstalled the realtek audio device from the device manager to get rid of any modified files, rebooted, realtek audio device showed up in the device manager, update driver -> windows searched for drivers automatically and installed them).

And now even though the realtek device is being recognized and stated "fully functional" by windows, I still get no audio at all.

What can I do to fix that, apart from formatting and reinstalling windows (which I hope won't be necessary)?

MSI Z370M Mortar
Realtek ALC 892
Latest Windows 10 with all updates

Guys I think I've messed up my system audio-wise and I have no idea how to fix that.

I just tried out these apo drivers as a last resort. Installation went fine, but eventually I got no sound at all. In apos config manager I tried out various configs for my active audio device to unlock surround sound (I believe the last one I tried was DTS connect) and eventually surround settings showed up in the realtek properties. But when I started the audio test I couldn't hear anything.

Later on I chose to give up entirely and live with stereo (for now at least). So I uninstalled apo and reinstalled the realtek stock drivers (I uninstalled the realtek audio device from the device manager to get rid of any modified files, rebooted, realtek audio device showed up in the device manager, update driver -> windows searched for drivers automatically and installed them).

And now even though the realtek device is being recognized and stated "fully functional" by windows, I still get no audio at all.

What can I do to fix that, apart from formatting and reinstalling windows (which I hope won't be necessary)?

MSI Z370M Mortar
Realtek ALC 892
Latest Windows 10 with all updates

1. Delete C:\Windows\System32\drivers\RTAIODAT.DAT + rtkhdaud.dat
2. Uninstall through Driver Setup API - https://github.com/alanfox2000/real...iver-setup-api-recommend-for-inf-installation
3. Reinstall UAD or Legacy HDA driver

If you have applied "DTS Connect" product config and want 2 channels back, choose Realtek System Effects product config for Realtek Codec.
Image 2.png

Last edited:
@alanfox2000
Thanks for the reply, I tried that but it didn't help either.

As I said, when I check my sound panel, erything seems perfectly normal. There's absolutely nothing suspicious. I don't have any more Dolby entries in my realtek properties. I have no longer any custom drivers installed. In the realtek properties, It's all set to 2 channel again (there is no other option anyway).

Realtek digital out is set as the default and active sound output, there are no errors, it's listed in the device manager, and my sound system is definitely plugged in and running. But when I go to the realtek properties and click on test, I still can't hear a thing. I tested another optical cable already, but the cable should be fine.

Now after hours of trial and error I booted back into macOS (I have hackintosh on another SSD). Of course this has nothing to do with either Windows or my onboard audio... but now comes the shock. There's no sound coming from digital out in macOS either, even though it worked perfectly before.

I checked the BIOS to see if onboard audio is disabled, but it's enabled.

Is it possible to break the audio chip by messing around with these custom drivers?

Last edited:
@alanfox2000
Thanks for the reply, I tried that but it didn't help either.

As I said, when I check my sound panel, erything seems perfectly normal. There's absolutely nothing suspicious. I don't have any more Dolby entries in my realtek properties. I have no longer any custom drivers installed. In the realtek properties, It's all set to 2 channel again (there is no other option anyway).

Realtek digital out is set as the default and active sound output, there are no errors, it's listed in the device manager, and my sound system is definitely plugged in and running. But when I go to the realtek properties and click on test, I still can't hear a thing. I tested another optical cable already, but the cable should be fine.

Now after hours of trial and error I booted back into macOS (I have hackintosh on another SSD). Of course this has nothing to do with either Windows or my onboard audio... but now comes the shock. There's no sound coming from digital out in macOS either, even though it worked perfectly before.

I checked the BIOS to see if onboard audio is disabled, but it's enabled.

Is it possible to break the audio chip by messing around with these custom drivers?

I think the modded driver RealtekSounzVoizSoundAliveSamsung.exe contains rtkhdaud.dat (this rtkhdaud.dat file is not for your devices, that make your digital out broken)

Download Realtek HDA Test Utility
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...-live-and-dts-interactive.193148/post-3888195

Follow these step that will recreate rtkhdaud.dat that is work for your own deceives
Driver Policy Tab -> Get Policy Driver -> Save -> Press speakers with a cross button -> Press speakers which don't have a cross button

krush_lion

Hello guys, I just installed DTS Headphone X on my laptop. I followed the instructions according to @alanfox2000 website. But I can't select or change any settings in the DTS control panel. Even though, it seems to work, but can't change headphone type or any settings. I'd really appreciate some help. Thank you in advance.
@alanfox2000 Is there any solution for this? :(

It says: <control name="SSID">10438724</control>
Delete C:\ProgramData\SRS Labs\APO\slconfig.xml
Download and install APO Driver 2.3.4 (just uploaded), it will install new slconfig.xml contains ID
<control name="SSID">0000000</control>

Delete these registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SRS Labs
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DTS
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DTS Audio

Use Product Config Tool
Restart dts_apo_service Services

krush_lion

Delete C:\ProgramData\SRS Labs\APO\slconfig.xml
Download and install APO Driver 2.3.4 (just uploaded), it will install new slconfig.xml contains ID
<control name="SSID">0000000</control>

Delete these registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SRS Labs
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DTS
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DTS Audio

Use Product Config Tool
Restart dts_apo_service Services

I'm sorry but it didn't work. I followed your steps but nothing has changed. I still can't select any options on DTS Audio (I installed DTS Headphone X.) u.u

The new APO Driver 2.3.4 didn't install the new slconfig.xml. Folder is just empty.

Last edited:
@alanfox2000
Firstly:
I got my digital out working again. I uninstalled it from the device manager again, but this time when I reinstalled, I didn‘t let Windows download and install automatically. Instead I selected „let me choose a driver from my hard drive“ (or something similar, I don‘t remember the exact wording). Then Windows gave me a list of several available drivers from the system. I chose realtek high definition and I finally had my sound back.

BUT SECONDLY:
I managed to get DDL and DTS Interactive!!

I stumbled upon the realtek drivers patcher. I noticed that while I was checking out the apo drivers, but you can also download it standalone from here.

Then I downloaded the official realtek drivers for my motherboard. Right from the MSI support page.

I ran the patcher and let it patch rltkAPO and rltkAPO64 (the patcher also asks for rtkAPO and rtkAPO64, but these two didn’t exist whatsoever).

After that, I installed the now patched driver, let it do it‘s thing, accepted the warning that Windows can‘t verify this driver -> install anyway, let it reboot twice, and then I couldn‘t believe it. I fucking got DTS Interactive and DDL in my realtek properties and IT IS REALLY WORKING. HOLY SHIT.

Just started a few games just to verify and shit really has become real. Also, my sound system now indicates DTS when I run a game (before that it was Pro Logic 2). Damn, NO DEDICATED SOUND CARD NEEDED.

Oh my god the nightmare is finally over. Thanks to everyone! I am SO happy right now!

Idk if it is cracked on my PC, I don't find any try trial button on Dolby Access.
My PC don't have installed Dolby Access.
I copy all the DLL files to C:\Windows (remember backup all the Dll)
Reboot
Now there should be a Dolby Atmos for Headphones options, select and apply. (when you select, no popup to M$ store)
Install Dolby Access 2.4.366.0 appx file
Launch Dolby Access and the app tell you to restart PC
Reboot
Launch Dolby Access to see if there any try button
Now, you can restore the original dll

DLL: https://drop.me/M5reyy

However, I tested on virtual machine, the trial button still these.
Image 1.png

Image 3.png

Image 4.png

Image 5.png

@alanfox2000, i have the paid Dolby Atmos for headphones version and it looks exactly like your images. Try to play some demo from Dolby Access(Amaze is a good one to test) to see/hear if you are getting the object based audio from Atmos for headphones (with the virtual height channels activated and all of related things)

Idk if it is cracked on my PC, I don't find any try trial button on Dolby Access.
Reboot
Now there should be a Dolby Atmos for Headphones options, select and apply. (when you select, no popup to M$ store)
Reboot

View attachment 112594
View attachment 112595
View attachment 112596
View attachment 112597

Not work
No change

캡처.PNG

캡처2.PNG

I used unlocker1.9.2 to replace the .dll file.
If you can not recover the .dll file
Use this.
Link

Reboot
Reboot

View attachment 112594
View attachment 112595
View attachment 112596
View attachment 112597

OMG it's working. thanks a lot @alanfox2000

Today, I tested it again on Virtual Machine. Dll replaced and start dolby access app. When the Dolby Access start, Dolby Atmos for Headphones will be found spatial sound format. However, I right click the bottom right speaker icon, Dolby Atmos for Headphones is showed below "Try & Buy from store" on context menu.
And my PC show Dolby Atmos for Headphones is above "Try & buy" on context menu.

Then,
I remember I have installed Dolby Atmos Speaker System before I installed dolby access.
I tested VM again.
Install Dolby Atmos Speaker System. After that, login to M$ store in order to download & install Dolby Access.

Screenshot on VM
Image 1.png

I remember these ad (Buy Dolby Atmos for Headphones) show on Dolby Audio

Here is the Notice from Dolby Atmos Speaker System. It said don't work on licensed devices.

Image 2.png

My PC has been installed Dolby Atmos Speaker System so my devices get licensed. My assumption is Dolby Atmos for Headphones for free on Dolby Atmos licensed devices.

Last edited: