• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

Fred_Vie

I applied dts connect to my Realtek digital output but after doing so it does not show up in the audio device advanced properties.
Then I ran the codes in cmd who prompted me to install direct play which I did.
Then I applied it again with no effect whatsoever.
Visual C++ and .NET are installed
What can I do now?

Last edited:
I applied dts connect to my Realtek digital output but after doing so it does not show up in the audio device advanced properties.
Then I ran the codes in cmd who prompted me to install direct play which I did.
Then I applied it again with no effect whatsoever.
Visual C++ and .NET are installed
What can I do now?

Follow this example config and it might help, again make sure no Realtek MFX applied, and that {A515262A-68B3-441a-A310-0D145362EE87} is in both EFX and Composite EFX.

Attachments

• RealtekDTSconnect.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 341
can someone post what values or a website explaining the values on (what value is max/default) to edit for treble, fidelity, crystal clear dialogue, & high volume boost in dolby uwp xml files?

Last edited:
System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
When does anyone help me pls?
I guess you have to wait for @alanfox2000 to understand the bugs.
can someone post what values or a website explaining the values on (what value is max/default) to edit for treble, fidelity, crystal clear dialogue, & high volume boost in dolby uwp xml files?
My observations: I tried very large values in the xml files (up to 1023). No bugs occured.
Dialogue enhancer on very large values appear to work as PCEE4 dialogue enhancer set to max. It can cause sudden volume increase in spoken content. I disabled it as I use other dialogue enhancers in other enhancers.
Volume leveler also operates similarly with PCEE4.
Increasing the leveler number is the same as moving the slider of leveler to higher in PCEE4.
volmax boost is similar to PCEE4 volume maximizer gain. How the value of vol max boost correlates with dB increase is still not clear to me.
I personally set that to 0. I use a proper volume control to perform the same action.

Last edited:

My observations: I tried very large values in the xml files (up to 1023). No bugs occured.
Dialogue enhancer on very large values appear to work as PCEE4 dialogue enhancer set to max. It can cause sudden volume increase in spoken content. I disabled it as I use other dialogue enhancers in other enhancers.
Increasing the leveler number is the same as moving the slider of leveler to higher in PCEE4.
volmax boost is similar to PCEE4 volume maximizer gain. How the value of vol max boost correlates with dB increase is still not clear to me.
I personally set that to 0. I use a proper volume control to perform the same action.
So there isn't specific values, anywhere? and i thought pcee4 was old technology?

Last edited:
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
i wish dolby would be have max values on their website or something.
Dolby can provide that to you. you need to:
1. Be a large OEM.
2. Sign a contract with them, including accepting an NDA, preventing you to ever communicating all you found here.

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2

So I wish, that he can take a lil bit Time pls...

Mason76

why i dont have mic setings?

Attachments

• Безымянный.jpg
    Безымянный.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 285
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
why i dont have mic setings?
Mic APO configuration is done by applying settings on a capture endpoint (Top window, left, capture button). Did you select the mic from capture endpoint?

Should values like <regulator-enable value="0"
<output-mode-partial-height-virtualizer-enable value="0"
Be enabled for Dolby Atmos XML preset file?

Last edited:
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Should values like <regulator-enable value="0"
<output-mode-partial-height-virtualizer-enable value="0"
Be enabled for Dolby Atmos XML preset file?
Do not enable regulator. This feature is for speaker protection when a proper speaker EQ configuration is provided.
output-mode-partial-height-virtualizer-enable, by the name, seems to be a virtual atmos effect. How it is used is still a mystery. Have to wait until a licensed device uses that to understand the workings.

Do not enable regulator. This feature is for speaker protection when a proper speaker EQ configuration is provided.
output-mode-partial-height-virtualizer-enable, by the name, seems to be a virtual atmos effect. How it is used is still a mystery. Have to wait until a licensed device uses that to understand the workings.
Should the output-mode-virtualizers be enabled at like the height and surround values? Do you have recommended list on what values should be enabled to make Dolby Atmos better, if you don't mind posting it?

Last edited:
LOL. If you use a stereo system you must enable: output-mode-partial-height-virtualizer-enable. It only works with stereo. And as I said earlier, the feature that makes Dolby Atmos different from Dolby Audio, Digital Plus, and Home Theater is the height virtualizer. If you disable it, it's like disabling Atmos. You turn it into Dolby Digital Plus
The height-virtualizer feature only works on stereo systems and does not work with multi-channel systems. Dolby Atmos was originally created to enhance laptop sound quality.

LOL. If you use a stereo system you must enable: output-mode-partial-height-virtualizer-enable. It only works with stereo. And as I said earlier, the feature that makes Dolby Atmos different from Dolby Audio, Digital Plus, and Home Theater is the height virtualizer. If you disable it, it's like disabling Atmos. You turn it into Dolby Digital Plus
The height-virtualizer feature only works on stereo systems and does not work with multi-channel systems. Dolby Atmos was originally created to enhance laptop sound quality.
If that's the case, then I might as well disable the height virtualizer feature because I use a 5.1 system. What about <output-mode-partial-surround-virtualizer-enable="0"?

Last edited:
If that's the case, then I might as well disable the height virtualizer feature because I use a 5.1 system. What about <output-mode-partial-surround-virtualizer-enable="0"?
So are you using Dolby Digital 5.1 technology with Dolby Atmos fake name? Haha :laugh:

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
I would say that there are sound bars with virtual atmos effect; but can have side speakers connected.
That makes them physically 5.1, but still produce virtual atmos.
Also Dolby Digital, DDP are all codecs.
Atmos exists in multiple formats. These include DDP atmos and TrueHD atmos. Both use either DDP or TrueHD format. Atmos effect is made by using Dolby metadata that indicates how audio moves in atmos.
DDP atmos usually in its core has 5.1 audio.
I don't think enabling output-mode-partial-height-virtualizer-enable on 5.1 will break things, right?

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
If it's not Dolby Atmos, then can you please let know what is the best audio enhancer for 5.1 surround sound to use instead?
It still is the best that Dolby offers for PC currently.