• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

System Name Diogo Silva
Processor Intel Core i5 9º Gen 9600KF Processor
Motherboard Asus TUF B360-Pro Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX3i
Memory 2x8 Kingston HyperX KHX2400C12D4
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX2060 Gaming 6G
Storage WD WDS500G2B0B Blue 3D SATA M.2 500GB + Toshiba HDD 2Tb
Display(s) Samsung Curved Monitor 27 Pol.
Case Cooler Master N300
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC887 with Sound BlasterX 720 to Yamaha RV-X 361 Amplifier
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W 80PLUS Gold
Mouse Asus ROG Pugio II Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
Software Windows 10 Home Single Language (PT-PT) x64
So far I understand it. But: how did you solve the Problem with the provided Batchfile named DISM_Install.bat??? My CMD-Window ever ran in to an occured "syntactical" Error :-(

In the Attachment you can see, if I've edited the File correctly
I don't need execute/run the file DISM_Install.bat

can u tell me how did u install the creative suite with realtek UWP ? I have installed realtek uwp driver + audio console from here , they r working fine (ALC892) but how did u install creative on top of that ? @Diogo Silva

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
System Name Diogo Silva
Case Cooler Master N300
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC887 with Sound BlasterX 720 to Yamaha RV-X 361 Amplifier
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
can u tell me how did u install the creative suite with realtek UWP ? I have installed realtek uwp driver + audio console from here , they r working fine (ALC892) but how did u install creative on top of that ? @Diogo Silva
Editing the File CreativeExtension.inf inside of ThirdParty Folder inside the Win64 Folder of Mod and you must update your APO Driver and change the settings of Program FX Configurator

So how did you it exactly? Pls tell me
Nothing more, just edit the hdxrt.inf and install the Mod through Device Manager (Option Update Driver)

If you want to confirm the Realtek UAD is installed correctly, in Services of Windows must be a Service with name RtkAudioUniversalService like in photo.
1556976827694.png

System Name Diogo Silva
Case Cooler Master N300
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
Did u install any of this ? @Diogo Silva
Yes, I change the CreativeExtension.inf file like hdxrt.inf file, something like that in picture and after I go to Device Manager and click Update Driver and I select the Realtek INF File, in Win64 folder of Mod. After Reboot the PC, I go to the FX Configurator and add the Creative Render.
Go there for the files.
1557173809162.png

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
YES, I GOT IT my Realtek ALC883 is now working perfectly with Realtek UAD Driver, version 6.0.8688.1, the Creative Sound BlasterX720º Desktop app and the UWP Version.
Special Thanks to @alanfox2000 for help me and to provide the Drivers by Github Site.

well Diogo I've been doing my own private Realtek UAD/UWP mods and check out this neat screenshot

realtek-uwp-creative-uwp-soundoptions.png

I have creative uwp sb720 w/ sound options available along with Realtek audio console (Gigabyte OEM version cuz I use a Gigabyte board with Realtek ALC892) with the Realtek Sound Effect "Environment" and Equalizer [EQ] options available. :D
yes I have those Realtek EQ & environment options available and I can use them simultaneously with the SB720 UWP blasterx acoustic engine & environment options.

btw, I using a modified Realtek UAD v6.0.8694.1 driver after editing the HDX_GigabyteExt_Creative_RTK.inf and CreativeExtension.inf extension INF files that I got from alanfox2000's github page.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
Can I activate the Bass Management or Swap the Center with Subwoofer Output or Activate the Loudness in Realtek UAD Driver/UWP Version?

a follow-up: it seems Realtek "already did the magic" themselves at least in the HDX_GigabyteExt_Creative_RTK.inf file by allowing simultaneous usage of Realtek sound FX options with Creative audio options (aka. having multiple audio effects)

so I'm fortunate to using a Gigabyte board and having both Realtek Sound FX and Creative audio FX options available [that includes the Base Management, Subwoofer Swap & Room Correction options available for 5.1 & 7.1 speakers as in this lovely screenshot; Loudness equalization is not available but I don't need that one since Creative's "Smart Volume" feature does a similar thing]

realtek-uwp-creative-uwp-basemanagementsubwoofer-gigabyte-options.png

perhaps when alanfox2000 does newer/future Realtek UAD/UWP + Creative UWP mods, he should take a closer look at the contents of the HDX_GigabyteExt_Creative_RTK.inf file and compare the entries of other "creative extension inf" files like HDX_AcerExt_CT_RTK.inf or HDX_ClevoExt_CT_RTK.inf, especially the entries in the "APO CLSID registration for render endpoints" section.

The HDX_GigabyteExt_Creative_RTK.inf file has this entry in the "render endpoints" section:
"HKR,InterfaceSetting\SysCustomizedFx\FX\0,%PKEY_CompositeFX_ModeEffectClsid%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%MBAPO_MFX_CLSID%,%REALTEK_MFX_CLSID%"
instead of this in other CT_RTK or Creative_RTK extension INF files:
"HKR,InterfaceSetting\SysCustomizedFx\FX\0,%PKEY_CompositeFX_ModeEffectClsid%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%MBAPO_MFX_CLSID%"
also the Realtek OMFX clsid string was added onto the Gigabyte Creative RTK inf file:
"HKR,InterfaceSetting\SysCustomizedFx\FX\0,%PKEY_CompositeFX_Offload_ModeEffectClsid%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%REALTEK_OMFX_CLSID%"
that allows the Realtek MFX to be "offloaded" while using Creative audio options

System Name Diogo Silva
Case Cooler Master N300
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
well Diogo I've been doing my own private Realtek UAD/UWP mods and check out this neat screenshot

View attachment 122565

I have creative uwp sb720 w/ sound options available along with Realtek audio console (Gigabyte OEM version cuz I use a Gigabyte board with Realtek ALC892) with the Realtek Sound Effect "Environment" and Equalizer [EQ] options available. :D
yes I have those Realtek EQ & environment options available and I can use them simultaneously with the SB720 UWP blasterx acoustic engine & environment options.

btw, I using a modified Realtek UAD v6.0.8694.1 driver after editing the HDX_GigabyteExt_Creative_RTK.inf and CreativeExtension.inf extension INF files that I got from alanfox2000's github page.
I'm very happy to help you on the installation of the Mod. :):)

a follow-up: it seems Realtek "already did the magic" themselves at least in the HDX_GigabyteExt_Creative_RTK.inf file by allowing simultaneous usage of Realtek sound FX options with Creative audio options (aka. having multiple audio effects)

so I'm fortunate to using a Gigabyte board and having both Realtek Sound FX and Creative audio FX options available [that includes the Base Management, Subwoofer Swap & Room Correction options available for 5.1 & 7.1 speakers as in this lovely screenshot; Loudness equalization is not available but I don't need that one since Creative's "Smart Volume" feature does a similar thing]

View attachment 122631

perhaps when alanfox2000 does newer/future Realtek UAD/UWP + Creative UWP mods, he should take a closer look at the contents of the HDX_GigabyteExt_Creative_RTK.inf file and compare the entries of other "creative extension inf" files like HDX_AcerExt_CT_RTK.inf or HDX_ClevoExt_CT_RTK.inf, especially the entries in the "APO CLSID registration for render endpoints" section.

The HDX_GigabyteExt_Creative_RTK.inf file has this entry in the "render endpoints" section:
"HKR,InterfaceSetting\SysCustomizedFx\FX\0,%PKEY_CompositeFX_ModeEffectClsid%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%MBAPO_MFX_CLSID%,%REALTEK_MFX_CLSID%"
instead of this in other CT_RTK or Creative_RTK extension INF files:
"HKR,InterfaceSetting\SysCustomizedFx\FX\0,%PKEY_CompositeFX_ModeEffectClsid%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%MBAPO_MFX_CLSID%"
also the Realtek OMFX clsid string was added onto the Gigabyte Creative RTK inf file:
"HKR,InterfaceSetting\SysCustomizedFx\FX\0,%PKEY_CompositeFX_Offload_ModeEffectClsid%,%REG_MULTI_SZ%,%REALTEK_OMFX_CLSID%"
that allows the Realtek MFX to be "offloaded" while using Creative audio options
Yap, i don't have this options, I have only the basic, only that photo bellow is showing and more nothing.
Can I add more Sound Effects or more features (Equalizer, etc...)?
Thank you.

piedpied

hy guys ! These forums like goods !! Thanks for alls participations . I will make a drivers UAD but i have an issue ! I think here i can found help !

Based on ALC892. I've mixed APO Dolby Home Theather and Theater V4 + Realtek UAD "drvstrore", DTS 5.1 and DDL 5.1 has you see on screen.

Do you know how to see dolby in realtek panel ?

System Name Diogo Silva
Case Cooler Master N300
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
hy guys ! These forums like goods !! Thanks for alls participations . I will make a drivers UAD but i have an issue ! I think here i can found help !

Based on ALC892. I've mixed APO Dolby Home Theather and Theater V4 + Realtek UAD "drvstrore", DTS 5.1 and DDL 5.1 has you see on screen.

Do you know how to see dolby in realtek panel ?

I don't Know. Sorry :(

Yaaaaaaa, more one time I got, but this time I got the Sound Effects in Realtek Audio Console + Sound BlasterX 720º, BUT ONLY IN STEREO OUTPUT :mad::mad::mad::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
How can I upmix to Output 5.1 Surround in my ALC883?
Besides that, the Realtek Audio Console is very beautiful in my opinion of corse :love::love::love:.
The version of the Driver is 6.0.8699.1, the last one.
C'on I need help. ;)
Thank you.

Last edited:

pio

Hi,
I want latest Realtek UAD for my rig.. where can I find the download?

my Laptop's specs ->>
Asus ROG GL702VMK
Windows 10 Pro 1809 (Build 17763.437)
[Realtek chipset] ALC3236-VB2
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0255&SUBSYS_10431760

by the way, the reason I need UAD and not the legacy HDA is that I want to be able to equip my system with Audio Enhancers like 'Dolby Atmos gaming for speaker system' which from my understanding needs UAD alongside Realtek Audio Control Console to be installed first....

Last edited:
System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Hi,
I want latest Realtek UAD for my rig.. where can I find the download?

my Laptop's specs ->>
Asus ROG GL702VMK
Windows 10 Pro 1809 (Build 17763.437)
[Realtek chipset] ALC3236-VB2
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0255&SUBSYS_10431760

by the way, the reason I need UAD and not the legacy HDA is that I want to be able to equip my system with Audio Enhancers like 'Dolby Atmos gaming for speaker system' which from my understanding needs UAD alongside Realtek Audio Control Console to be installed first....
Dolby Atmos gaming for speaker system does not require UAD, I am using that with HDA just fine.

Reactions: pio
System Name Diogo Silva
Case Cooler Master N300
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
I don't Know. Sorry :(

Yaaaaaaa, more one time I got, but this time I got the Sound Effects in Realtek Audio Console + Sound BlasterX 720º, BUT ONLY IN STEREO OUTPUT :mad::mad::mad::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
How can I upmix to Output 5.1 Surround in my ALC883?
Besides that, the Realtek Audio Console is very beautiful in my opinion of corse :love::love::love:.
The version of the Driver is 6.0.8699.1, the last one.
C'on I need help. ;)
Thank you.

View attachment 122844
Hello all, I solved this problem. Simply update the Driver by Device Manager.
I have another problem, the Creative Sound Blaster Connect 2 or Sound Connect the Version UWP don't apply the effects selected.
How can I do the Creative programs have mix effects in music?

New APO Driver v2.4.8
has error when installing I get this error message. "EXE and MSI file signature mismatch

All previous APO drivers before this one, doesn't have this error when installing.

@alanfox2000 can you please fix this error with the APO Driver.

hahagu

Is it possible to use both Nahimic3 and Dolby Atmos for Gaming at the same time?
If so, how would I go about doing that?
Also, my internal subwoofer on my Dell Inspiron 7567 is not working.
Thanks in advance!

Is it possible to use both Nahimic3 and Dolby Atmos for Gaming at the same time?
Thanks in advance!
It's not good to use multiple Enhancers at the same time, because of audio quality distortion, and other problems. It's good to use one.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Thanks in advance!
Devices with internal subwoofers often have custom software to allow for usage of the sub. Do not use enhancements to replace the stock software, as the sub often can get disabled.
Combining the stock sub enabling enhancement and any other enhancement is only recommended to the one who knows what they are doing. (I don't know what is being done, don't ask me!)
Possible idea: Split audio outs into separate for internal speaker and headphone outs. See Realtek Control Panel. Then apply only a single enhancement to the headphone out endpoint. Note:
It's not good to use multiple Enhancers at the same time, because of audio quality distortion, and other problems. It's good to use one.

hahagu

Devices with internal subwoofers often have custom software to allow for usage of the sub. Do not use enhancements to replace the stock software, as the sub often can get disabled.
Combining the stock sub enabling enhancement and any other enhancement is only recommended to the one who knows what they are doing. (I don't know what is being done, don't ask me!)
Possible idea: Split audio outs into separate for internal speaker and headphone outs. See Realtek Control Panel. Then apply only a single enhancement to the headphone out endpoint. Note:

I would like to do this, but I do not have realtek control panel for some reason..

Edit: I just found out enabling UAD profile on fx configurator enables my subwoofer.
So, how would I choose different outputs for only the headphone jack?

Last edited:
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
I would like to do this, but I do not have realtek control panel for some reason..

Edit: I just found out enabling UAD profile on fx configurator enables my subwoofer.
So, how would I choose different outputs for only the headphone jack?
You need the control panel. No way around that.

hahagu

You need the control panel. No way around that.

So, I managed to find the control panel, but there seems to be no option to separate the outputs.
Also, I'm now getting error in APO driver installer, 'EXE and MSI signature mismatch' or something :p

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
So, I managed to find the control panel, but there seems to be no option to separate the outputs.
Also, I'm now getting error in APO driver installer, 'EXE and MSI signature mismatch' or something :p
That error was reported by @Jayce . Wait for @alanfox2000 to update the latest APO Driver installer.
I don't have UAD drivers installed, therefore I can't help you much right now. In a few days, I will have a dell 7375. I expect the audio system to be quite similar to your system. I might help you then.

hahagu

That error was reported by @Jayce . Wait for @alanfox2000 to update the latest APO Driver installer.
I don't have UAD drivers installed, therefore I can't help you much right now. In a few days, I will have a dell 7375. I expect the audio system to be quite similar to your system. I might help you then.
I hope so lol
Anyways, thanks for the help!
Until I can find a workaround or a fix for this, I guess I just won't be using my laptop speakers lol

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
You used your laptop speakers? Are they really that good?