• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

13/08/2019
APO Driver 2.5.7
- Add Dirac APO 1.0.1

2.5.7 Support Dirac Audio

App in Janpenese language only there are big with different .config file

CityCultivator is correct, in fact even with a clean Windows install, as soon as I connect to the internet Windows Update installs Creative.UWPRPCService.exe, with no uninstall option, and this process -- it's not technically a service though in some ways it behaves like one but it's not listed as a the MMC as a service and it's not in the services sections of the Windows Registry.

This is a headache to say the least, as Creative.UWPRPCService.exe reinstalls anytime anything is updated Windows Update regardless of audio driver or interface -- thwarting just about everything and forcing Creative's shitty "CINEMA 5" interface that's a dog in every regard; wastes a ton of screen real estate to do virtually nothing, has obtuse controls with poor control envelops, and is just generally clunky and ugly, and is really crummy 16/32 bit shovelware...

I may give up and use the native Windows High Definition Driver, and go with Equalizer APO as it supports a mountain of VST plug-ins, real audio software like Voicemeeter, is real 64-bit software, isn't a puke fest kiddie interface as it's designed by Audio Engineers, and even if it is a bit of a resource hog with some drivers, it's probably worth it. If I manage or someone figures out how to properly remove Creative.UWPRPCService.exe so Windows update doesn't reinstall when using Windows Update I may give some of the other middleware a go again...

View attachment 129141

Interstingly Creative.UWPRPCService.exe is in the driver store keys in the registry, and "PnpLockdown" suggest some onerous product registration crap:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemRoot%/SysWOW64/Creative.UWPRPCService.exe
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemRoot%/SysWOW64/Creative.UWPRPCService.exe
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\UWPService

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UWPService

As deleting all these keys has no effect....

1. Run cmd as admin
net stop MBfilt /y
net stop RtkAudioUniversalService /y
net stop UWPService /y
sc delete MBfilt
sc delete RtkAudioUniversalService
sc delete UWPService

2. Completely remove UAD - follow step B (it remove complete remove all Creative inf).
3. Remove Realtek Audio Control and SBC UWP manually
4. Download 8773_FF00_PG473_Win10_RS3_RS4_RS5_19H1_Win7_WHQL.zip
5. Disable driver update and disconnect to internet - > reboot
6. Install 8773 driver -> reboot
7. Now the default audio panel Realtek HD Audio Manager
8. Install APO driver with SBC desktop version/Equalizer APO

If you use Equalizer APO's Configurator to install APO on a ALC1200, the audio will not work correctly as the Configurator has Composite SFX MFX EFX bug.
To solve this:

1. Run FX Configurator, select the endpoint you wanted.
2. Backup endpoint registry first.
3. Click "Product Config Tool". Select Equalizer APO from drop down list, click "Apply Product Settings to Selected Endpoints".

Last edited:
System Name Acer Aspire E5-475G
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U @ 2.50GHz
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce 940MX,Intel HD Graphics 620
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC255
Software Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview
Could you transalate to english this sound enhancer? because i dont understand

Attachments

• IMG_20190813_182203_997.jpg
    IMG_20190813_182203_997.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:
1. Run cmd as admin
net stop MBfilt /y
net stop RtkAudioUniversalService /y
net stop UWPService /y
sc delete MBfilt
sc delete RtkAudioUniversalService
sc delete UWPService

2. Completely remove UAD - follow step B (it remove complete remove all Creative inf).
3. Remove Realtek Audio Control and SBC UWP manually
4. Download 8773_FF00_PG473_Win10_RS3_RS4_RS5_19H1_Win7_WHQL.zip
5. Disable driver update and disconnect to internet - > reboot
6. Install 8773 driver -> reboot
7. Now the default audio panel Realtek HD Audio Manager
8. Install APO driver with SBC desktop version/Equalizer APO

If you use Equalizer APO's Configurator to install APO on a ALC1200, the audio will not work correctly as the Configurator has Composite SFX MFX EFX bug.
To solve this:

1. Run FX Configurator, select the endpoint you wanted.
2. Backup endpoint registry first.
3. Click "Product Config Tool". Select Equalizer APO from drop down list, click "Apply Product Settings to Selected Endpoints".
Wow alanfox2000 you have really done the deep dive and followed the white rabbit all the way to see how far the rabbit hole goes! Thank you!

As a side note: what Creative has done here attempting an OEM 'lock in' on Realtek drivers is illegal in some markets, it looks like Microsoft has to be complicit too to host drivers on Windows Update.

I'm anxious to see if I can get this to work so that Windows Update won't keep updating and installing Creative.UWPRPCService.exe, but as this happens without even installing any Realtek drivers on Windows Update, it's probably the vendor hardware id that's doing this which can be very hard to circumvent (but not impossible).

for the new dolby service update, is there a difference of sound quality between presets with (VLLDP1.2) and without (VLLDP1.2) Dolby Atmos Speaker System for Gaming?

if there's any differences at all, please let me know which one is best to use.

*Also at random, the sound effect goes away and i have reapply the fxconfigurator dolby uwp products config to get it back*

I noticed this issue in the new apo driver 2.5.8 , it doesn't include TuningFileParser.dll in dolbyaposvc folder anymore, but was there in apo driver 2.5.7.

which might explain the sound effect randomly going away and i having to reapply fxconfigurator to get it back. it keeps on doing this.@alanfox2000 please fix this problem.

Also why does Dolby effect loudness keeps getting reduced every update?

Last edited:
System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Wow alanfox2000 you have really done the deep dive and followed the white rabbit all the way to see how far the rabbit hole goes! Thank you!

As a side note: what Creative has done here attempting an OEM 'lock in' on Realtek drivers is illegal in some markets, it looks like Microsoft has to be complicit too to host drivers on Windows Update.

I'm anxious to see if I can get this to work so that Windows Update won't keep updating and installing Creative.UWPRPCService.exe, but as this happens without even installing any Realtek drivers on Windows Update, it's probably the vendor hardware id that's doing this which can be very hard to circumvent (but not impossible).
This driver issue applies to all UWP drivers. I have a dell with UWP driver and Waves and I can't uninstall it.
I used APO Driver to apply Dolby and I used Dolby since then. Waves no longer modifies the sound.

for the new dolby service update, is there a difference of sound quality between presets with (VLLDP1.2) and without (VLLDP1.2) Dolby Atmos Speaker System for Gaming?

if there's any differences at all, please let me know which one is best to use.

*Also at random, the sound effect goes away and i have reapply the fxconfigurator dolby uwp products config to get it back*

I noticed this issue in the new apo driver 2.5.8 , it doesn't include TuningFileParser.dll in dolbyaposvc folder anymore, but was there in apo driver 2.5.7.

which might explain the sound effect randomly going away and i having to reapply fxconfigurator to get it back. it keeps on doing this.@alanfox2000 please fix this problem.

Also why does Dolby effect loudness keeps getting reduced every update?

New dolby driver don't need TuningFileParser.dll The XML 3.3.0 (VLLDP 1.2) has more settings. And what I hear is the audio quality is better than 3.2.0.

For speakers , don't use dolby uwp with dolby atmos for headphone, it cause the output volume low. Idk what xml you are using, I hear the audio still loud plus the dolby audio effect still here after I reboot my PC. Or may be it caused by driver update.

For speakers , don't use dolby uwp with dolby atmos for headphone, it cause the output volume low. Idk what xml you are using, I hear the audio still loud plus the dolby audio effect still here after I reboot my PC. Or may be it caused by driver update.
Everything is working 100% expect the sound effect.

I did get rid of the dolby headphone presets. I'm only using @OMER's high quality preset default. But the Dolby Sound effect is still lower than it was a year ago and i have a pretty good 5.1 speaker setup. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jiY7W2Zilf7yF7eCb-gOVlNJNWGLYgNw

Last edited:

baribal

Hi All.

I have 2.1 set up, W10 1809 and using the latest Dolby Atmos Stereo System UWP (Dynamic) with related vlldp1.2 profile and APO driver. I use Potplayer w/o volume normalizer and Output Speakers setting set to AS IN INPUT so HRTF is done by Dolby Atmos UWP. I noticed that the sound volume is very loud with the latest Dloby Atmos UWP like it amplifies the sound to 6db or so. I didn't experience it with the previous version on Dolby Atmos UWP. Anyone noticed the same? How to fix that? I noticed by SUB signal volume has some distortion with such amplification.

Last edited:
Hi All.

I have 2.1 set up, W10 1809 and using the latest Dolby Atmos Stereo System UWP (Dynamic) with related vlldp1.2 profile and APO driver. I use Potplayer w/o volume normalizer and Output Speakers setting set to AS IN INPUT so HRTF is done by Dolby Atmos UWP. I noticed that the sound volume is very loud with the latest Dloby Atmos UWP like it amplifies the sound to 6db or so. I didn't experience it with the previous version on Dolby Atmos UWP. Anyone noticed the same? How to fix that? I noticed by SUB signal volume has some distortion with such amplification.

You can set <volume-leveler-amount value="7"/> to lower in the XML.

Window's 10 Netflix app no longer works with Dolby Atmos for gaming.

I get a Netflix Error U7361-1253-80070057

when trying to play content.

When you search the error code up on the Netflix page, it says disable audio enhancements and then it will work.

I hate when Netflix always updates to prevent audio enhancements.

Last edited:
Window's 10 Netflix app no longer works with Dolby Atmos for gaming.

I get a Netflix Error U7361-1253-80070057

when trying to play content.

When you search the error code up on the Netflix page, it says disable audio enhancements and then it will work.

I hate when Netflix always updates to prevent audio enhancements.
Dolby Atmos driver support Netflix according to Default_Settings.xml.
Image 3.png

Dolby Atmos driver support Netflix according to Default_Settings.xml.
View attachment 129496
I have Dolby atmos for gaming working 100% fine, and I know that the default_settings.xml has the Netflix but for some reason I got the error code when I was trying to play a show.

I'm running 1903 windows.

Is it working for you on Netflix app @alanfox2000?

APO Driver 2.5.7, Netflix app worked perfectly fine for me without any issues with Dolby Atmos speaker system for gaming.

I reinstalled Apo driver 2.58 and cleaned registry of all Dolby and it still give me the error with Netflix app.
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
@baribal Try to lower <volmax-boost value="0"/> This option is here only to increase output volume. If it still doesn't work try increasing the <volume-leveler-amount value="7"/>.

I have Dolby atmos for gaming working 100% fine, and I know that the default_settings.xml has the Netflix but for some reason I got the error code when I was trying to play a show.

I'm running 1903 windows.

Is it working for you on Netflix app @alanfox2000?

APO Driver 2.5.7, Netflix app worked perfectly fine for me without any issues with Dolby Atmos speaker system for gaming.

I reinstalled Apo driver 2.58 and cleaned registry of all Dolby and it still give me the error with Netflix app.View attachment 129501

Try using XML 3.2.0 & FX Configurator -> Load External Config -> Select Dolby_DCHU_Gaming.ini file -> Apply Effects and Processing Modes Configuraions -> Restart audio & dolby dax services

Try using XML 3.2.0 & FX Configurator -> Load External Config -> Select Dolby_DCHU_Gaming.ini file -> Apply Effects and Processing Modes Configuraions -> Restart audio & dolby dax services
Ok, did this exactly and Netflix app played Video without any issues. So XML 3.2.0 works with Netflix app. No Netflix error with v2

XML 3.3.0 doesn't work with Netflix app at the moment in APO Driver 2.5.8. i switch back to v3 and it still gets the Netflix error code when trying to play a video.

I'm currently on V2 XML at the moment.

*Update*: V2 XML sound effect randomly stopped working. I reinstalled APO Driver 2.5.8 and did alanfox200's instructions above and it's not working anymore.(still works with Netflix app).

I had to go back to v3 to have the sound effect, but it still doesn't work with Netflix app currently.

I hope these issues can get fixed soon. @alanfox2000

Last edited:

baribal

@baribal Try to lower <volmax-boost value="0"/> This option is here only to increase output volume. If it still doesn't work try increasing the <volume-leveler-amount value="7"/>.
Thx, setting <volmax-boost value="0"/> did the trick. Interesting thing is that with XML 3.2.0 config which I used earlier it was set to exactly the same value 144, but using Dolby Atmos UWP of the previous version didn't reveal such huge sound amplification. That means in the previous versions this setting didn't work at all?

Unfortunately it does nothing. The only which is helped was setting <volmax-boost value="0"/>. But as you see in my last comment I had the same settings for XML 3.2.0 config and previous Dolby Atmos UWP didn't show such huge volume amplification.

Last edited:

picarito

If you have headphones which support DTS Headphone:X (in my case the SteelSeries Arctis Pro) it will show "licensed" without paying for it or unlocking it with other means.
which uwp or app is this and which windows 10 version you on?

which uwp or app is this and which windows 10 version you on?

I believe he is talking about the DTS Sound Unbound app, currently it requires build 18898 or higher, only available through the fast ring of the insider preview version. I don't have DTS headphones but using that app with my hyperx cloud stinger headset gives me the best positional audio for gaming that I've found.

System Name Blue Tentacles
Processor R9 3900x (4525 4500 4375 4325)
Motherboard X570 Aorus Pro
Cooling D5-pump | 3x 420mm Rads | 18 fans
Memory 16G 3600C14
Video Card(s) 2080ti 2170 & 7800mhz
Storage 1T PCIE4 Nvme
Display(s) 65" 4K Bravia
Case Level 20
Audio Device(s) AC1220-VB (ty APO for DTS over SPDIF)
Power Supply HX850
Mouse G300s
Keyboard G510
Benchmark Scores CPU-Z 560.1 & 9010 | CB20 7824
I registered just to say THANK YOU!!

I was running a second HDMI cable to my amp in order to get 5.1 audio, and it was creating a second screen, really annoying, had to use ultramon to disable the second screen.
My amp doesn't support 4k60 video passthrough, so I couldn't use one cable from video card to amp and one from amp to TV.
Similarly my TV doesn't support uncompressed 5.1 passthrough to the amp, so video card to tv to amp wasn't an option either.
It had to be video card to TV, and video card to AMP (dummy display), and there was no way to have only audio go to the amp, it has to create a dummy screen.

What I really wanted was a way to send a compressed 5.1 signal to my amp over SPDIF optical from mobo to amp.

But then I found this post, and that's the same codec I have, ALC1220-VB, but mine is on an X570 mobo:
finally, It worked for me with the alan fox driver, i have: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO with Realtek® ALC1220-VB codec. i choose the DTS option. (windows 1803)

So after installing the standard Realtek drivers from the mobo's driver homepage,
I ran the APO installer for win64 and selected the DTS option:

And then in the FX Configurator I applied DTS Connect for Win 7+ (SPDIF):

And it worked!

That's literally all I did, those 3 steps, no need for anything else, no need to sideload anything or or use any sound enhancers or win10 apps etc, that's it, just the 1 executable from the first post of this thread and all is working perfectly! It's awesome.

Thank you so much!!

System Name Gateway 2000 Desktop PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5
Cooling Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240 AIO
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
Video Card(s) ASUS Turbo GeForce GTX 1080
Storage Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Drive
Display(s) AOC CQ32G1 31.5" Curved Frameless Gaming Monitor, 2560x1440 VA panel, 1 ms, 144Hz, Freesync 2
Case Fractal Design Define S Black Window Silent ATX Midtower
Audio Device(s) Dual ALC 1220 with Front & Rear 120dB SNR HD Audio with Dual Smart Headphone Amps
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750FX 750W 80+ Gold ATX12V & EPS12V Full Modular
Mouse Logitech G302 Daedalus Prime MOBA Gaming Mouse
Keyboard iKBC F87 RGB Double-Shot PBT Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Cherry MX Blue Switches, Tenkeyless
Software Microsoft Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Sometimes I score a 5 but then sometimes a 6.
I just did a fresh driver install and did the same thing, and it worked! That's a very nice, clean way to get 5.1 over SPDIF back.

remzawi

Hello ! I also have the problem of Netflix not working with Dolby Atmos speaker system (both the normal and for gaming versions).

Hi, i wanna install those stuff to use it on 5.1 speakers on analog output.
Stereo content is converted to atmos on those (Like prologic 2)?
For example video streams or music in stereo like mp3 or whatever.
What windows build is the best to install all those stuff?

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Hi, i wanna install those stuff to use it on 5.1 speakers on analog output.
Stereo content is converted to atmos on those (Like prologic 2)?
For example video streams or music in stereo like mp3 or whatever.
What windows build is the best to install all those stuff?
This software can help in upscaling audio to 5.1. It does have the latest version of Dolby upscaler, Dolby Surround Upmixer, which is better than old Prologic 2.