• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

System Name LazyOldMan
Processor 9900KF
Motherboard Asrock z390 Taichi Ultimate
Cooling Corsair custom Watercooled
Memory 64 Gb
Video Card(s) RX 6800 XT
Storage Too much to mention in all 980 TB
Display(s) 2 x Dell 4K @ 60 hz
Case Crap case
Audio Device(s) Realtek + Bayer Dynamics 990 Pro headset
Power Supply 1300 watt
Mouse Corsair cord mouse
Keyboard Corsair red lighter cabled keyboard ages old ;)
I saw a new version was available so i downloaded and installed it.

Installed the latest versions and have to report that the dolby atmos is gone, and wants me to buy a license. ( just before the install it reported i had owned the license, new hardware is apparantly buy new license)
Nahimic is no longer able to run and reports that my hardware is not supported.
The driver works as audio device but somehow the 24 bit audio seems gone !?!?
I know the asrock HD audio is probably not one of the better ones but suddenly no more surround effect now
The music plays ok but no longer with the same quality as before.
( windows 10 x64 1909 )
My hardware audio rapported by asrock : 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1150 Audio Codec), Supports Purity Sound™ 3 & DTS Connect

Last edited:

Xeonic

Connecting a sound Blaster. All instructions were followed, but the software lock folder is missing

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
Connecting a sound Blaster. All instructions were followed, but the software lock folder is missing

you have to manually create a Creative\SoftwareLock subfolder in the ProgramData folder (make sure File Explorer is set to Show Hidden & System Files in the File Explorer Options dialog box; click the option that says "Show hidden files, folders & drives" AND UNcheck the option that says "Hide protected operating system files")

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
Hi
Is here anyone able to write combined Drivers for Realtek HD-Audio and ASUS-Soundcards?
I've the XonarD2X with the ASUS AV200-Chipset and wish to integrate it to the HD-Audio-Manager or Audio-Console
So I'll be very thankful for them, who'll be trying it

To look @ the Driver: https://www.asus.com/Sound-Cards/Xonar_D2X/HelpDesk_Download/

Alan you are the REAL DRIVER GOD!! Thnx very much for advanced drivers with all possible enhancers!! :)
rtl01.jpg
rtl02.jpg
rtl03.jpg
rtl04.jpg
rtl05.jpg
rtl06.jpg
rtl07.jpg
rtl08.jpg
rtl09.jpg
rtl10.jpg
rtl11.jpg
rtl12.jpg
rtl13.jpg
rtl14.jpg
rtl15.jpg
rtl16.jpg
rtl17.jpg
rtl18.jpg
rtl01.jpg

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
Which Driver you've taken? Pls give me the Link

Additionally I'll give you a Tip from Microsoft: pls remove the Clever Cleaner from Windows, because it destroys your System

@alanfox2000, is it anyhow possible too, that you could create an Universal-Audio-Version pls? This were my greatest Wish

Last edited:
@zhonghua
You can find the file RTMICAR_xxxxxx.dat, Samsfpaspk_xxxxxxx.dat, SAMSfPi_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.dat, SAMSfPi_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.dat, SAMSfPpch_xxxxxxx.dat config and for each ID and the files are not readable or open. Both HDA and UAD integrated in Realtek CP. It is very hard to make it work on unsupported PC.

Other APOs for mirocphones have provided similar feature, even better than Fortemedia

IntelliSonic, VIA, Realtek & MS apo & MS: AEC, noise suppression, pick up range

View attachment 139400

Nahimic 3: static noise suppression, echo cancellation, voice stabilizer, sound tracker

View attachment 139401View attachment 139402

For keyword detection feature, most realtek chipsets have HWID starting with INTELAUDIO may support speech dectation and it need Intel smart sound technology driver installed. You can find almost INFs in UAD AlexaCfgExt folder(driver for Amazon Alexa) only support INTELAUDIO.

Creative update :cool:

Attachments

• 2020-03-08_164314.png
    2020-03-08_164314.png
    778.5 KB · Views: 332
4 detections on virustotal. Claims that there is a miner. Registered exactly to ask if someone with it security background tested this?

Any kind of self made executable file signed with a self made certificate will detect as a threat because there is no info about that file in virus database. Anti-virus softs don't know if a file is actually virus or not, they just know that if that file comes from a trusted source or not.

Hi Tom, You should install RealtekDriver_2019_03.exe

Which Driver you've taken? Pls give me the Link

Additionally I'll give you a Tip from Microsoft: pls remove the Clever Cleaner from Windows, because it destroys your System

@alanfox2000, is it anyhow possible too, that you could create an Universal-Audio-Version pls? This were my greatest Wish

DTS Headphone: X v1 UWP works for me but DTS Custom UWP doesn't work ???? Am using PC of HP. (FX configurator). Replaced the DTS Custom UWP settings too but no luck.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2

GOD-TheSupreme

Can anybody help me with Viper4Windows Profiles (.vpf files) ? Have been searching all over the internet for Viper4Windows Profiles (.vpf files) since long but found only a few of them (only 4 - to be precise) :banghead:. Found a huge number of Viper4Android Profiles (.vdc files) [...& .irs files as well.] scattered all over the net & have been successfully using them on my android smart phone.

Is it possible to Viper4Android Profiles (.vdc files) be converted to Viper4Windows Profiles (.vpf files) ??
I tried DDCToolbox 1.3 & ViPERsToolBox 0.1 without any success. ( Please don't mind me being a noob ! :p )

Would it be possible to download Viper4Windows Profiles (.vpf files) from somewhere ??

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

New version of modded drivers from Alan Finotty.
Links to download coming soon!

slayer23

Hey Guys, i am trying to activate DTS sound output on my HDMI audio output (RTX 2080 Super HDMI or through my Motherboard's Intel HDMI out, whatever works) by using Apo but so far i was only able to achieve Dolby Digital (using Apo's DS1 + Home Theatre V4 app). I have a 5.1 HTIB that only allows me to select Stereo 2ch output from the Config Panel but it lists Dolby Digital and DTS sound as compatible technologies.
Anyone knows a way to achieve DTS on HDMI output?
Hardware:
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus pro + Nvidia RTX 2080 Super.

Last edited:
Hey Guys, i am trying to activate DTS sound output on my HDMI audio output (RTX 2080 Super HDMI or through my Motherboard's Intel HDMI out, whatever works) by using Apo but so far i was only able to achieve Dolby Digital (using Apo's DS1 + Home Theatre V4 app). I have a 5.1 HTIB that only allows me to select Stereo 2ch output from the Config Panel but it lists Dolby Digital and DTS sound as compatible technologies.
Anyone knows a way to achieve DTS on HDMI output?
Hardware:
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus pro + Nvidia RTX 2080 Super.
Use dts connect (spidf) abd after this change in device advanced tab spund format for "dts interactive"

Attachments

• new drivers 002.jpg
    new drivers 002.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 185

slayer23

Use dts connect (spidf) abd after this change in device advanced tab spund format for "dts interactive"
Thanks for the quick answer. Does it apply for the hdmi output? I am already using the modded drivers for SPDIF out and all works well, but i am looking for DTS over HDMI, doable?

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    299 KB · Views: 149
  • Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    278.7 KB · Views: 167
  • Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    285.4 KB · Views: 175
System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Thanks for the quick answer. Does it apply for the hdmi output? I am already using the modded drivers for SPDIF out and all works well, but i am looking for DTS over HDMI, doable?
The process is similar to how you applied DDL on HDMI out, now just use DTS Connect.

StuDentBR

Ok, u want DDL encoder through ur gpu hdmi port, right ? I made something like this few months ago nvidia hdaudio with pcee4, @ me if u struggle to install this. @fatguy666
@ador250 I am trying to install this but windows says it is imcopatible i have a gtx 1070 and i am using windows 10, can you help me ?
Edit 1: I think I might be something with my TV edid...
Edit 2: I've managed to install the driver for Nvidia hdmi, it works but just for a while then it stops working, and there's an annoying bug that is when I choose to output dolby digital the receiver shows that is receiving dolby digital signal and the sounds works but then if there is nothing playing sound on windows the receiver disconnects and then when I play some sound again the receiver reconnects and displays "dolby digital". In short terms it is connecting and disconnecting from receiver when there's or there's not sound being played.
Can someone confirm it works with Nvidia latest drivers?

Last edited:
System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
@ador250 I am trying to install this but windows says it is imcopatible i have a gtx 1070 and i am using windows 10, can you help me ?
Edit 1: I think I might be something with my TV edid...
Edit 2: I've managed to install the driver for Nvidia hdmi, it works but just for a while then it stops working, and there's an annoying bug that is when I choose to output dolby digital the receiver shows that is receiving dolby digital signal and the sounds works but then if there is nothing playing sound on windows the receiver disconnects and then when I play some sound again the receiver reconnects and displays "dolby digital". In short terms it is connecting and disconnecting from receiver when there's or there's not sound being played.
Can someone confirm it works with Nvidia latest drivers?
When nothing is playing, Windows 10 stops encoding, as silence is the final result anyways. Power is saved. (Sorry if you are PC user).
If this annoys you, install Virtual Audio Cable, go to Cable output in recording section of sound control panel, open properties, go to listen tab, and enable listening. Continuous output of silence will be generated. No break of DDL connection will occur.