• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
To my understanding i can output ddl/dts either by using a modded driver or the apo driver. What is the most efficient way performance wise (eg: less lag, less load on pc resources, etc)?

At the moment i have my media players like vlc configured to passthrough audio via spdif. If i configure the apo driver what should i do with the vlc audio settings? Let them in passthrough mode or revert to default settings?
Identical files are used in both solutions. Though, the modded driver does only DDL and APO Driver supports DDL and DTSi.
Also disable any passthrough/exclusive mode.

sput

Hello all. Been lurking in this thread for a very long time, trying to make sense of it all without much success.
My question is this. Is there a way to just add dd live / dts interactive encoding to an existing uad driver?

My current setup works perfectly fine as it is with multiple endpoints that do different tasks. With equalizer apo, hesuvi, licenced dts sound unbound etc. The only thing missing which I unfortunately need is a dd live encoder for my optically connected receiver but I'm hesitant to destroy my installation. And every time I tried doing so in the past I ended up having to reformat in the end.

I'd appreciate any guidance.

Hello all. Been lurking in this thread for a very long time, trying to make sense of it all without much success.
My question is this. Is there a way to just add dd live / dts interactive encoding to an existing uad driver?

My current setup works perfectly fine as it is with multiple endpoints that do different tasks. With equalizer apo, hesuvi, licenced dts sound unbound etc. The only thing missing which I unfortunately need is a dd live encoder for my optically connected receiver but I'm hesitant to destroy my installation. And every time I tried doing so in the past I ended up having to reformat in the end.

I'd appreciate any guidance.

Realtek UAD + DDL and Realtek UAD + DTSi, u have to choose one of them, install in disable driver signature enforcement mode..as for Realtek UWP control panel extract the RtkUWP_***_PreinstallKit file and double click on the appxbundle file @sput

sput

Realtek UAD + DDL and Realtek UAD + DTSi, u have to choose one of them, install in disable driver signature enforcement mode..as for Realtek UWP control panel extract the RtkUWP_***_PreinstallKit file and double click on the appxbundle file @sput

Thanks for the link. The problem here is that the default driver I'm using, comes with a couple extras, including the desired DTS 2 licence and associated inf and dlls. Replacing this driver with the one from the link enables DDL and disables DTS 2. Would it be possible to simply inject DDL into the default driver?
Put it differently, is it a matter of adding the appropriate entries to the inf files or is it baked into the dlls so I can't have both?

deucecorp

hi, anyone could tell me the password or share the file to latest rev of APOdriver please?
spent 10 mins searching the pass throughout the blog without success and mediafire upload file a few pages back had COINMINER built in ... no chance I want that on my computer.
is this really necessary? been around computers & internet for a few decades, this is very sad..

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
hi, anyone could tell me the password or share the file to latest rev of APOdriver please?
spent 10 mins searching the pass throughout the blog without success and mediafire upload file a few pages back had COINMINER built in ... no chance I want that on my computer.
is this really necessary? been around computers & internet for a few decades, this is very sad..
Coinminer is a false positive.

Zbrat

Can you provide a screenshot of FX Configurator?
Hi, I'm really sorry for my late reply.
I've been playing around uninstalling/installing the APO drivers and I finally reached my purpose of encoding evthg to DD using Dolby Home Theater v4. The problem is that the FX Configurator shows too many endpoints (older connected TVs for instance) or repeated existing endpoints. So I had by trial and error find out the correct one. Is there any way to clear older endpoints and clean up the mess? "Refresh" does not seem to do it.
Thanks for the help!

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
I've been playing around uninstalling/installing the APO drivers and I finally reached my purpose of encoding evthg to DD using Dolby Home Theater v4. The problem is that the FX Configurator shows too many endpoints (older connected TVs for instance) or repeated existing endpoints. So I had by trial and error find out the correct one. Is there any way to clear older endpoints and clean up the mess? "Refresh" does not seem to do it.
Thanks for the help!
I don't know; @alanfox2000, can you see if that is possible?

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
In the case of my installer script, I configured it so that, whenever the mod is uninstalled, these keys are deleted. Here is the code (Inno Setup):
Code:
// Uninstall Process
if CurUninstallStep = usPostUninstall then begin
    RegDeleteKeyIncludingSubkeys(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, 'SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Capture');
    RegDeleteKeyIncludingSubkeys(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, 'SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Render');
end;
But in the case of any remaining audio driver, the points (outputs and inputs) are maintained.

I have my soundbar connected to my PC(HDMI) and using APO Driver for Dolby Atmos for gaming and everything works expect when i when I use Dolby Atmos with Netflix app and MPC-HC, the sound effect, when turning on and off doesn't work.

Seems to only work on browser videos.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
I have my soundbar connected to my PC(HDMI) and using APO Driver for Dolby Atmos for gaming and everything works expect when i when I use Dolby Atmos with Netflix app and MPC-HC, the sound effect, when turning on and off doesn't work.

Seems to only work on browser videos.
Exclusive mode is allowed?

If so, disable it and retry.

Attachments

• 1593296392694.png
    1593296392694.png
    33 KB · Views: 266
Hi Jayce
please . Could you tell me how you connect your soundbar to your pc?
I suppose your motherboard has an HDMI output and your soundbar an HDMI input port?

I wonder what model of motherboard you will have and the sound bar. I can't get anything to work for me

I would appreciate if you could give me this information if it is not too much trouble

Hi Jayce
please . Could you tell me how you connect your soundbar to your pc?
I suppose your motherboard has an HDMI output and your soundbar an HDMI input port?

I wonder what model of motherboard you will have and the sound bar. I can't get anything to work for me

I would appreciate if you could give me this information if it is not too much trouble
My PC is a Dell Inspiron 3670 and there's only one HDMI port on the back of it. Which supports audio and video output.

Make sure your PC's HDMI support output of video and audio. Check the manufacturer specs or manual of the PC

I have an HDMI cable connected from the back of PC to my Soundbar's HDMI 1 port. And then it should show on Windows 10, that Intel Display Audio has your soundbar connected and you have to switch soundbar input to hdmi 1.

HDMI arc of the soundbar should be only used for display when trying to get it work with Windows 10

After I did, that Installed APO Driver 2.7.3 and installed Dolby Atmos driver 646 and in Fxconfigurator, I selected my vizo(Intel Display Audio) chose product config tool>3rd effects only and then Dolby dax3 uwp xml 3.3.0 and applied and restarted my PC.

Now Dolby Atmos for gaming works properly with my soundbar setup and it's even more amazing.

Thanks for the help!

hvYvImOSL3.png

cheller98

@alanfox2000 and/or @Jayce I have a question for you or I guess anyone else that would be willing to help.
So I have an older Acer Tc-605-EF30, and I currently have a Logitech z506 System hooked up via the 3 3.5mm audio jacks on the back (blue, green, pink). Ultimately I'd like to enable Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS to get the most out of this setup. A while ago, when this CPU's audio was ported through an older Denon AV Receiver with the 5.1 Analog Inputs I briefly had success before tinkering too much. Any possibility someone can help me get the most out of my current setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jayce thank you so much by your explanation :) Is a great information. I will try
It should get your soundbar to work with your PC, as long as you follow explanation.

@alanfox2000 and/or @Jayce I have a question for you or I guess anyone else that would be willing to help.
So I have an older Acer Tc-605-EF30, and I currently have a Logitech z506 System hooked up via the 3 3.5mm audio jacks on the back (blue, green, pink). Ultimately I'd like to enable Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS to get the most out of this setup. A while ago, when this CPU's audio was ported through an older Denon AV Receiver with the 5.1 Analog Inputs I briefly had success before tinkering too much. Any possibility someone can help me get the most out of my current setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I don't know if you can get Dolby Digital 5.1.
But with z506 to get 5.1, you need plug the 3.5mm green on the green jack in the back of the PC, and the orange and black cable in the pink and blue jack and then check Windows 10 and see if it lets configure 5.1 surround sound.

That's how I did it with my previous z506 setup.

Last edited:
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
You want Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS on analog?
These are digital formats.
Or you want stereo to 5.1 software (E.g. Prologic)?

Why does Intel Display Audio driver after the PC is idle, it goes from active audio source to there are no audio device available?

Seems to only happen when the PC sleeps.

Like when that happens I have to always restart the PC in order for it to recognize that the sound device connected.

Last edited:

Zbrat

Why does Intel Display Audio driver after the PC is idle, it goes from active audio source to there are no audio device available?

Seems to only happen when the PC sleeps.

Like when that happens I have to always restart the PC in order for it to recognize that the sound device connected.
I have it also with an intel display audio and that does not happen. Have you tried disabling other audio devices?

@alanfox2000 @CityCultivator

I am aware that there is a side effect of converting the PCM signal to bitstream DD, but is there any way to squeeze a bit that sound delay? Any tweaking possible?

Last edited:
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
I have it also with an intel display audio and that does not happen. Have you tried disabling other audio devices?

@alanfox2000 @CityCultivator

I am aware that there is a side effect of converting the PCM signal to bitstream DD, but is there any way to squeeze a bit that sound delay? Any tweaking possible?
1. Remove everything in LFX section. You will lose stereo to 5.1 scaling though.
2. Use DTS connect, if possible.

Zbrat

1. Remove everything in LFX section. You will lose stereo to 5.1 scaling though.
2. Use DTS connect, if possible.
Thanks!
1. Mind sharing how to do it? I tried to delete the lines of the Local FX APO under Effects Config and Processing Modes Config and then hit Save Current Config, but I don't see any changes if I reload the FX Configurator.
2. Can't use DTS since my Sonos sound system only accepts DD. Bummer!

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Thanks!
1. Mind sharing how to do it? I tried to delete the lines of the Local FX APO under Effects Config and Processing Modes Config and then hit Save Current Config, but I don't see any changes if I reload the FX Configurator.
2. Can't use DTS since my Sonos sound system only accepts DD. Bummer!
You did the LFX delete properly. Try redo the delete and then click refresh on top.
Which product did you use to enable DD encode? Dolby Home Theater V4? Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater?
Still this technique might reduce the delay by usually at most 10ms.