• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Manhunt 2 to go on Sale in the UK

Jimmy 2004

System Name Jimmy 2004's PC
Processor S754 AMD Athlon64 3200+ @ 2640MHz
Motherboard ASUS K8N
Cooling AC Freezer 64 Pro + Zalman VF1000 + 5x120mm Antec TriCool Case Fans
Memory 1GB Kingston PC3200 (2x512MB)
Video Card(s) Saphire 256MB X800 GTO @ 450MHz/560MHz (Core/Memory)
Storage 500GB Western Digital SATA II + 80GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA
Display(s) Digimate 17" TFT (1280x1024)
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Audigy 4 + Creative Inspire T7900 7.1 Speakers
Power Supply Corsair HX520W
Software Windows XP Home
Following months of disputes between Rockstar Games and the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC), the Video Appeals Committee has finally given the go-ahead for Manhunt 2 to go on sale in the UK. The BBFC originally refused to give the game an age rating, essentially preventing it from being sold within the UK, feeling it was too gory for children and 'vulnerable adults'. However, having taken the matter as far as the English High Court, Rockstar has now been given permission to sell the title with an 18 certificate.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

A

Azazel

it was a stupid excuse for banning it in the first place, some retarded chav killed a dude...then eveyone blamed on MH cos he was playing it at the time

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
I think there DOES need to be a system of banning games/videos etc. However, perhaps more clear rules should be published, so that we can all agree or disagree with them, without getting all hot under the collar about specific titles.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Or hold the parents responsible, but that would be insanity.

System Name Dream Weaver
Processor Ryzen 5600
Motherboard B450 MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling NH-D14
Memory 16GB Flare X @ 3200MHz CL14
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+
Storage 500GB evo 970 m.2 + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) ASUS 27" 1440p 144hz FreeSync
Case Fractal Design Define R3
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Software Windows 10 x64
YES!!! This is great news! Now I can learn how to kill people in real life!

Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
No. There needs to a control/censorship system in place. Else why not develop games where you can be a Jew and get points for torturing and beheading Jehovahs Witnesse or Muslims, or play a terrorist getting points for blowing up Jews, extra points if in the Sinagogue, etc. etc. Or virtual rape of children, etc. Or "games" where you trade child snuff pr0n.

All despicable. And in my book should not be allowed to see daylight. In fact, i'd go one further, and prosecute people that even attempted to publish stuff like that.

Its extremely irresponsible to say that there is no censorship other than "hold parents responsible" required.

ShadowFold

System Name The ShadowFold Draconis (Ordering soon)
Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8ghz
Motherboard ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870
Cooling Stock
Memory Kingston ValueRAM 4GB DDR3-1333
Video Card(s) XFX ATi Radeon HD 5850 1gb
Storage Western Digital 640gb
Display(s) Acer 21.5" 5ms Full HD 1920x1080P
Case Antec Nine-Hundred
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Creative "Fatal1ty" Headset
Power Supply Antec Earthwatts 650w
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Benchmark Scores -❶-❸-❸-❼-

+9000

Im sick hearing all this stuff, its the parents responsibility not the governments.

Well sometimes the parents just wont listen or care if its an 18 so the government has to force people to do it, morally forcing them can be justified for it benefits everyone.

Dont care cause they shouldnt buy there kids games like that.

Not just this but unreal tournament is an 18 due to its gore violence.

B

bassmasta

parenting is non-existent today. parents refuse to discipline their kids because the previous generation was over-disciplined. yes, there needs to be rating standards in place, it needs to be enforced, but it's still up to the parents. to decide what people can or cannot say, publish, or do is horrible, and is usually included in constitutions/human rights in most countries. atm in Europe, there is a guy who wants to release a movie that shows the Muslim faith as an abomination that will ruin the world. it's not hard to see that this will cause a few problems, but he has his right to free speech. I have no problem if he releases such an opinion, but he needs to make it clear that it is his opinion, and not that of anyone else's.

the point is, people need to take responsibility for the media they enjoy. I know a kid who has seen RE like once a week since it came out. he loves it, and he isn't a psycho because his parents took the time to put the movie into context, and watched it with him so he wouldn't be traumatized.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
No. There needs to a control/censorship system in place. Else why not develop games where you can be a Jew and get points for torturing and beheading Jehovahs Witnesse or Muslims, or play a terrorist getting points for blowing up Jews, extra points if in the Sinagogue, etc. etc. Or virtual rape of children, etc. Or "games" where you trade child snuff pr0n.

All despicable. And in my book should not be allowed to see daylight. In fact, i'd go one further, and prosecute people that even attempted to publish stuff like that.

Its extremely irresponsible to say that there is no censorship other than "hold parents responsible" required.

I am.

And I take full responsibility for how my son acts at two. No he is not a "terrible two" child, he uses thank you and please already, and he is not covered with bruises or locked in a closet to make him a nice child.

Now I watch Family Guy and when they poke fun of my religion I laugh as it is funny, same with the land shark on old SNL skits. No problem man. So if someone wants to make a game about beheading or marching people from my religion into a gas chamber or whatever, go for it. Your choice. :p I might even pick up a copy.

Too many people are offended by little things and get wrapped up in BS while life is passing them by, and parents are the first and last line to protect, teach, and educate their children. No two ways about it.

PrudentPrincess

System Name Foobox3000
Processor Core 2 Duo 36750@3.46ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R
Memory 2gb (2x1gb) Crucial Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) EVGA 9800gtx
Storage 500gb 7200prm IDE
Display(s) Sceptre 19"
Case Apevia X-Qpack 2 Red
Power Supply 500w Apevia generic
parenting is non-existent today. parents refuse to discipline their kids because the previous generation was over-disciplined. yes, there needs to be rating standards in place, it needs to be enforced, but it's still up to the parents. to decide what people can or cannot say, publish, or do is horrible, and is usually included in constitutions/human rights in most countries. atm in Europe, there is a guy who wants to release a movie that shows the Muslim faith as an abomination that will ruin the world. it's not hard to see that this will cause a few problems, but he has his right to free speech. I have no problem if he releases such an opinion, but he needs to make it clear that it is his opinion, and not that of anyone else's.

the point is, people need to take responsibility for the media they enjoy. I know a kid who has seen RE like once a week since it came out. he loves it, and he isn't a psycho because his parents took the time to put the movie into context, and watched it with him so he wouldn't be traumatized.

I think the rating system is complete bullshit. If I want a copy of a M game I just go to bi-mart and buy it from meth addicts that don't care as long as they're getting their fix at the end of the day. If that dosen't work I'll just bittorrent it.

Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Steevo,

You're a responsible parent. But more than 50% of parents arent, even if they want to be, they dont know how or dont have the time.

As a statesman, its important to have some "hand" in creating the environment in which we grow up... it becomes our culture. Take a look at every other continent in the world (or religion). All very different. And all explainable by "culture". Let's make sure we create a culture of which we are proud.

SODA for President!

System Name Ultrabeast GX2
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 4.0GHZ 24/7
Motherboard Gigabit P35-DS3L
Cooling Rosewill RX24, Dual Slot Vid, Fan control
Memory 2x1gb 1066mhz@850MHZ DDR2
Video Card(s) 9800GX2 @ 690/1040
Storage 750/250/250/200 all WD 7200
Display(s) 24" DCLCD 2ms 1200p
Case Apevia
Audio Device(s) 7.1 Digital on-board, 5.1 digital hooked up
Power Supply 700W RAIDMAXXX SLI
Software winXP Pro
Benchmark Scores 17749 3DM06
I dont believe that taking the ratings any further than applying a recommended rating for people. Go too far with it, and the kids actually might let it affect them. Funny how countries with less constraints have less problems...