• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Maps, science, data & statistics tracking of COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
It’s a changed world. After it is all over it’s going to be a much altered and poorer world in many ways.

An interesting perspective. While there will be a temporary economic shock, I expect a full recovery once this thing blows over... maybe with the added bonus that people in general will be more prepared for a bad situation. Or maybe not... things are pretty shit given we're fighting off a flu. Imagine if something really bad happens... I fear it doesn't take much to de-stabilize our fragile society - a lesson I won't soon forget.

Processor Intel I9 7940X
Motherboard Asus Strix Rog Gaming E X299
Cooling Xigmatek LOKI SD963 double-Fan
Memory 64Gb DDR4 2666Mhz
Video Card(s) 1)RX 6700XT Power Color Fighter 12gb***2)MATROX M9120LP
Storage 2 x ssd-Kingston 240Gb A400 in RAID 0+ HDD 500Gb +Samsung 128gbSSD +SSD Kinston 480Gb
Display(s) BenQ 28"EL2870U(4K-HDR) / Acer 24"(1080P) / Eizo 2336W(1080p) / 2x Eizo 19"(1280x1024)
Case Lian Li
Audio Device(s) Realtek/Creative T20 Speakers
Power Supply F S P Hyper S 700W
Mouse Asus TUF-GAMING M3
Keyboard Func FUNC-KB-460/Mechanical Keyboard
VR HMD Oculus Rift DK2
Software Win 11
Benchmark Scores Fire Strike=23905,Cinebench R15=3189,Cinebench R20=3791.Passmark=30689,Geekbench4=32885
It’s a changed world. After it is all over it’s going to be a much altered and poorer world in many ways.
In my opinion this is the right time when human race should reconsider and maybe finally overcome the nonsensical Monetary System as it s ATM....

Outback Bronze

Staff member
System Name Raptor Baked
Processor 14900k w.c.
Motherboard Z790 Hero
Cooling w.c.
Memory 32GB Hynix
Video Card(s) Zotac 4080 w.c.
Storage 2TB Kingston kc3k
Display(s) Gigabyte 34" Curved
Case Corsair 460X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply PCIe5 850w
Mouse Asus
Keyboard Corsair
Software Win 11
Benchmark Scores Cool n Quiet.
System Name Juliette // HTPC
Processor Intel i7 9700K // AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390X-A // ASRock B550 ITX-AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 Black // Stock
Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX4070 OC// GTX 1650
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Display(s) ASUS VP348QGL 34" Quad HD 3440 x 1440 // 55" LG 4K SK8000 Series
Case Seasonic SYNCRO Q7// Silverstone Granada GD05
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 // HDMI to Samsung HW-R650 sound bar
Power Supply Seasonic SYNCRO 750 W // CORSAIR Vengeance 650M
Mouse Cooler Master MM710 53G
Keyboard Logitech 920-009300 G512 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro // Windows 10 Pro
I'm so done with this. Please God take me

KrazyFox

Instead of spending Billions to Trillions of Dollars trying to prevent this easy contracted virus. Let it run its course and we can all go back to our regular routine. It took this COVID-19 coronavirus to make the public more consciences and aware of Personal Hygiene. I would like to say more but it appears it would be offensive. The media is of no help but making matters worse. People need to work, if ill stay home is common sense. Keep people outside your personal space of 2 to 6 feet away. Ensure you do and enforce others who you are acquainted with to cleanse their hands with soap and hot water, before work, before and after meals and before leaving work. If needed wear gloves. Our Ancestors have survived worse and managed to continue onward. We will survive only if you use common sense and practice good personal hygiene. Letting the economy fall apart and giving people free money leads to corruption and crime spree. Go to work and provide for your family and other. Take Safety Precautions and don't live in Fear.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Instead of spending Billions to Trillions of Dollars trying to prevent this easy contracted virus. Let it run its course and we can all go back to our regular routine. It took this COVID-19 coronavirus to make the public more consciences and aware of Personal Hygiene. I would like to say more but it appears it would be offensive. The media is of no help but making matters worse. People need to work, if ill stay home is common sense. Keep people outside your personal space of 2 to 6 feet away. Ensure you do and enforce others who you are acquainted with to cleanse their hands with soap and hot water, before work, before and after meals and before leaving work. If needed wear gloves. Our Ancestors have survived worse and managed to continue onward. We will survive only if you use common sense and practice good personal hygiene. Letting the economy fall apart and giving people free money leads to corruption and crime spree. Go to work and provide for your family and other. Take Safety Precautions and don't live in Fear.

What people aren't understanding is that it is putting lots of people in hospital. Unchecked, the rate of infection and lack of immunity means an overwhelming level of admissions, placing catastrophic strain on all medical processes. The knock-on from that is no treatment for a multitude of other, otherwise preventable deaths. That's the problem with letting it run its natural course. And no government is willing to face the fallout from such a dire scenario, nor would they wish to be seen as culpable in the deaths of potentially hundreds of thousands of people.

Edit: literally just been informed by text by my manager that our service (gym etc) is shut to the public from tomorrow. Likely for weeks, if not months. :eek:

KrazyFox

What people aren't understanding is that it is putting lots of people in hospital. Unchecked, the rate of infection and lack of immunity means an overwhelming level of admissions, placing catastrophic strain on all medical processes. The knock-on from that is no treatment for a multitude of other, otherwise preventable deaths. That's the problem with letting it run its natural course. And no government is willing to face the fallout from such a dire scenario, nor would they wish to be seen as culpable in the deaths of potentially hundreds of thousands of people.

Edit: literally just been informed by text by my manager that our service (gym etc) is shut to the public from tomorrow. Likely for weeks, if not months. :eek:
Everyone is going to get the coronavirus. We're delaying the spread for medical and health professional reasons or dragging our feet for months. Death is a natural process in life and inevitable. Mother Nature does its best to keep human population under check. The count is what ? world wide 500,000 people infected (a small ratio) out of more than 8 Billion human inhabitants and like 20,000 deaths. I believe the seasonal Flu kills about that many people each year. The problem with COVID-19 is how quickly it spreads. The fear and shutting down society only going to lead to riots and criminal activity the longer it continues. Oh well, the debate continues. Agree to disagree and each of us entitled to our own beliefs and opinion. I wish everyone the best of health and much happiness in life. Have a terrific day.

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
case case cluster cluster boom..

the number of reported cases depends on the amount of testing going on.. the boom part is when it hits the exponential curve..

the world as we know it is about change.. there is no going back..

trog

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard Asrock Taichi X370
Cooling NH-C14, with the AM4 mounting kit
Memory G.Skill Kit 16GB DDR4 F4 - 3200 C16D - 16 GTZB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 OC 4 GB
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX 850M 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
Software Ubuntu 19.04 LTS
Portugal's cases are up to 448: 1 death thus far.

We're building a facility to help with COVID-19's patients: obviously it's nowhere near the size of the ones China built but it will still take longer to build ...

There's a bit of good news, however: an infected pregnant lady gave birth to a boy who DOES NOT have the virus.

EDIT

Our President was advised to take COVID-19's test because he attended an event with students from a school of which was later confirmed one case with infection: that school is currently closed until further notice and the President's test came up negative.

The President has isolated himself, to be on the safe side, @ least until the end of next week: he is after all within the age group where the consequences of catching COVID-19 are more severe.

Our President was re-tested today and the result came back negative.

Last edited:
System Name HP Pavilion a6552f
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400
Motherboard Asus IPIBL-LB / HP Benicia-GL8E
Cooling DeepCool Gammaxx 200
Memory 8gigs Kingston 4x2gigs DDR2-800
Video Card(s) Zotac GT630 "Fermi" 2gb DDR3 128bits Synergy Edition
Storage Western Digital Green 7200rpm 1tb
Display(s) LG Flatron EW234 Super LED
Case HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Thermaltake TR2 430w
Mouse Razer Abyssus Mirror Special Edition Blue LED
Keyboard Thermaltake Tt eSPORTS Commander Red LED Backlighting Mechanical Keycaps Membrane Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits
For social no problems I dont work and I have no friends. I will leave for the forest in case of a lockdown

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Europe is closing the borders for 30 days from later this week.
It's a shame about Italy, but closing the boarders isn't going to help. It's like closing the barn door after the horse has already bolted. The damage is done. At this point we know it's not the deadliest thing ever, so let it run it's course and work the prevention problem on a local level.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
So far I believe the area I'm in has 3 cases, I'd say that is very good considering the size of the county (well, I guess for UK size not like the US... lol)

I do hope everyone is alright and that we do find something that will help combat the problem.. The Mrs mentioned something on Facebook that an 87 year old lady (I believe this is correct...) had it and then walked out the hospital as she'd recovered and punched the air.. To me, nothing bad about that at all :) I hope to hear more like that.....

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
I've been wondering... with how this spreads and how long it sticks around... how good of an idea is it really to put all of these heavy restrictions on for 30+ days?

Prevention I get. Total halt on travel and general avoidance of heavily communal areas makes sense... for a little while. And then time goes by and people run out of money. Their jobs cease to exist. Then what? Governments everywhere take huge deficits to bail everyone out so cities and towns don't start collapsing like dominoes? Where is the line? Does anybody know?

I feel like they can try to keep the heavy restrictions going, but ultimately it's not going to stop the virus. Everybody wants to stop the virus. It's not possible. Just as it isn't possible for people to really live under these restrictions indefinitely. Sometimes I wonder if governments just think that it'll go away if we wait long enough. Maybe holding out for the miracle cure. But even if that was true, not much of a world left by then...

I don't think it's going to work. I'm waiting for the major problems and serious unrest to take hold. This whole situation is kind of unprecedented and the consequences for the actions being taken really aren't known well enough. I will be surprised if things don't loosen up before things really settle down. The world, as it currently runs, stops for nobody... because it can't. Is that a foolish way for mankind to operate? I mean... haven't we all known the answer? It seems like we've always been moving too fast. Makes slowing down almost seem worse than what we have to slow down for, you know?

At best, we buy some time for people to move through the hospitals and get everyone on the same page, as well as learn more about the symptoms and how to treat it. Just keep people from propagating it quite as quickly and just focus on bolstering treatment as much as humanly possible. Cuz, I mean... the world can't wait forever. I've said a bunch that I am all for caution and slowing down, but it's getting to the point where people aren't even scared of the virus... they're scared of what is going to happen to their lives. "Self-induced major global recession" sounds like something that can and really, seriously needs to be avoided.

We're at a point now where better risk assessment needs to be done and a better balance will need to be struck, BEFORE signs of major socioeconomic damage start to show. The time to close-up has come and gone for most places. Over here in the US, it makes more sense to slow down quickly - we're just getting started with the spreading and now is the time to minimize. But how long can this really take to saturate for countries already hit hard? How long can they afford to wait? Do we really want to find out the hard way what local and global economies can bear? I see little talk of this on the news. It's almost like nobody wants to think about it right now. I think that's a huge mistake.

Another thing I see that's weird to me... specifically in America. The whole focus is on the number of deaths, which is what arguably matters the least. It's not that people dying doesn't matter, but if we're accounting for all of the undocumented cases, the death ratio is probably a lot lower than it looks. What I wish we'd focus on was the number of hospitalizations and serious cases requiring treatment. It's great that most people are recovering, but all of those people have to move through the healthcare system in short order. Overburdened hospitals have a trickle-out effect on all patients. That's why slowing it down a bit is important. Not leaving everything to rot matters too, though.

The best we've ever had are common sense preventative measures. I.E.: "slow down," not "stop." This isn't something to "win" or get on top of. That's not the name of the game. The question is how to ride it out and still keep moving. It'll be interesting to see how things unfold with the restrictions being proposed here. I think they're shooting for the moon. I don't think we can really afford the hit in the end and I'm sure plans will change by the week. But then, what the hell do I know? Honestly, jack shit at this point. :laugh:

I just see a pattern. It starts hitting, we tighten down. "It's not working." So we tighten down more. "IT'S STILL GETTING WORSE!" Now we can't tighten down more, things are falling apart. "WHY ISN'T THIS WORKING?!" What can be done at that point? Could it maybe just be too late? I think it might be. Beyond a pandemic, the last thing anybody wants is a pandemic and a collapsing economy simultaneously. That's not really better.

I'm of the simple wisdom "Do what makes sense." As in, maybe let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater over this pandemic. It's serious, but far from the only major factor in this situation. The deaths might not even be the worst part of it.

I dunno. It doesn't seem right. I get this unsettling sense of tunnel vision.

Well it's inevitable, when you see the experts saying flatten the curve what they usually fail to mention is that it'll likely draw the current restrictions out to at least 2-5x longer. This situation will indeed last months & as I said in another thread there is no New Deal or World War to get us out of the next Great Depression. By the time this is over the 2008 crash may well seem puny in comparison!

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
Well it's inevitable, when you see the experts saying flatten the curve what they usually fail to mention is that it'll likely draw the current restrictions out to at least 2-5x longer. This situation will indeed last months & I said in another thread there is no New Deal or World War to get us out of the next Great Depression. By the time this is over 2008 may well seem puny in comparison.
To me, it's like "Good luck!" At some point people are going to stop caring. People aren't going to watch things crumble for months. The unrest would be so real. I really hope it doesn't come to that. Things can be much worse than this virus... and that admittedly is very bad! It really bothers me that almost no consideration is given to the future. It's all in the now.

One of my first observations, back when this all surfaced was "Welp, we've already fucked it all up, haven't we?"

Next to the death counter, maybe we should have a "jobs" counter. One goes up, the other goes down. Which one wins? Can we even win? o_O

System Name Fat NCASE
Processor Ryzen R9 3900X
Motherboard ASUS TUF GAMING B550M ZAKU (WIFI) Edition
Cooling Scythe Fuma with 3 SCYTHE Wondersnail 2400RPM + Arctic MX2
Memory Corsair Vengeance 128GB @3200Mhz Cl16 (32GB X 4)
Video Card(s) Palit RTX 3060 StormX ITX 12GB
Storage MX500 4TB SATA + Toshiba MG08 16TB HDD
Display(s) LG 27UL500 4K monitor
Case Jonsbo W2 black
Audio Device(s) Onboard realtek 1200 & Soundblaster G3 usb
Power Supply ASUS ROG STRIX 850W Gundam Edition
Mouse Elecom wireless mouse :)
Keyboard RK100 Royal Kludge
Software Windows 10 HOME
Benchmark Scores Don't know any benchmark. It runs good enough for me.
Here is an info-graphic of contact tracing for all Covid 19 infection people in my place here in Singapore. Quite an impressive feat of police work here.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Prevention I get. Total halt on travel and general avoidance of heavily communal areas makes sense... for a little while. And then time goes by and people run out of money. Their jobs cease to exist. Then what? Governments everywhere take huge deficits to bail everyone out so cities and towns don't start collapsing like dominoes? Where is the line? Does anybody know?
This is why I said when it’s over, every person and nation will be profoundly changed and poorer.

The numbers in Louisiana are racing on. We went from 136 cases yesterday to 196 cases today. Also 4 deaths up from 3 yesterday. 136 of today’s cases are here in the New Orleans area. It’s pretty much ground zero in the state.

The deaths might not even be the worst part of it.
I dunno, it’s the worst part for me if I pass it on to my wife.

The numbers in Louisiana are racing on. We went from 136 cases yesterday to 196 cases today. Also 4 deaths up from 3 yesterday. 136 of today’s cases are here in the New Orleans area. It’s pretty much ground zero in the state.
This is why people are panicking. They see these numbers and have no context. Throw in FLU metrics and things will get real.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
This is why people are panicking. They see these numbers and have no context. Throw in FLU metrics and things will get real.
Flu is also deadly for my wife, but the number of people innoculated as well as her annual immunization as well as the pneumonia immunization makes the flu season much more survivable for her. Perhaps once a vaccine is available for COVID-19 we will view it as casually as we do the flu.

Last edited:
Flu is also deadly for my wife, but the number of people innoculated as well as her annual immunization as well as the pneumonia immunization makes the flue season much more survivable for her. Perhaps once a vaccine is available for COVID-19 we will view it as casually as we do the flu.
The point was that COVID19 is only slightly more dangerous than the flu and the mortality rates are similar. People/companies/governments are panicking over want is effectively a slightly more serious version of a virus that already exists.

The fatality rate is at least 10x higher, even if they're preliminary estimates, but more importantly it's now approaching R0 exceeding 3 which means that it's likely more than 2x as contagious as the flu. So no this is clearly so much worse, at least till the time we get a cure for it.

The fatality rate is at least 10x higher, even if they're preliminary estimates, but more importantly it's now approaching R0 exceeding 3 which means that it's likely more than 2x as contagious as the flu. So no this is clearly so much worse, at least till the time we get a cure for it.
Please review;
Based on the percentages, you are incorrect. COVID19 is only slightly more lethal than the FLU. In fact more people have died from the flu in 2018 than all of the COVID19 cases so far by a factor of 10+.

You were saying?

You do realize that nCoV also has the knock on effect of overwhelming the healthcare system, besides leading to secondary diseases like pneumonia? Now "social distancing" may have some positive effect in slowing it down, but as others have opined the domino it'll have on the real economy is equally if not way more scary. In that sense I'd rather overstate the possible worst case scenario & be safe than sorry. As of now, with the rate it's spreading, we'll easily have 100+ million infected before the end of the year, provided enough people are getting tested & of course well above a million deaths worldwide!

Last edited:
System Name Violet
Processor AMD Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard ASRock x570 Phantom Gaming X
Cooling Be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory G.Skill Flare x 32GB 3400Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI 6900XT Gaming X Trio
Storage Western Digital WD Black SN750 1TB
Display(s) 3440x1440
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH Performance
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse EVGA X15
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
Software Windows 10 64bit
They don't know that yet. Here in my country they have 1700+ cases tested and 42 killed. that is 2.5% which is much more than the "normal" flu. Only there are so many more people who have not been tested because of mild symptoms, the estimate here is around 12,000+ and then you suddenly come to 0.3% which is comparable to the flu. In many countries are not fully tested and only the worst cases are tested.
Don't get me wrong, this is a dangerous virus that must be stopped, especially considering the conditions in hospitals.

Status
Not open for further replies.