• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Maximus V Extreme & i5 3570K issues.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
reasoning? I figured since I have dual chips I cant really go wrong can I?

I suppose you could, but from what I can tell it's not gonna be the best for your memory, and 1309 is right now. I expect another update relatively soon, perhaps. At least, I hope so!

It's no problem to flash back, just use USBFlashBack, name the older BIOS properly, and it works fine.

But maybe it fixes Turbo for you...

OHHOHHOOOO!

That creates the VERY decisive question: when you update BIOS, it updates only the active CHIP of the TWO CHIPS? Right now I am unaware of what I did when I updated the BIOS. Theorically, I could be using an age old one, as I switched somewhere in the process....

checking....

Yes, you can choose which chip it boots from, other ROM should not be flashed.

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
reasoning? I figured since I have dual chips I cant really go wrong can I?
No you cant go wrong unless you flash the wrong chip lol...

Thats what I like about the duel bios chips... If you install a bios and dont like it and to top it off you cant flash back that's when the other chip comes in handy handy :toast:

I just
1) installed Ai suite only days old new version, seems fine... and.
2) this .14 BIOS.

Then I restarted to reflash the secondary BIOS chip and I was greeted with this messages:

iROG01 updating and then PC turned off. Documentation mentions iROG but nothing a Westerner could understand, lol

mediasorcerer

System Name THE MEDIAMACHINE
Processor i5-3570k
Motherboard Asus gene v z-77 matx.
Cooling Antec h20 620
Memory 2x4gb g.skill ripjaws z 2400
Video Card(s) h.i.s radeon 7950 reference 3 gb- hooray!!!
Storage samsung 128gb~830 ssd. samsung 500gb hdrive.
Display(s) 22 inch tele.
Case circa 1996 grey rat box with no sides front.until my own is finished
Audio Device(s) inbuilt creative.supreme effects 3
Power Supply thermaltake tt-500w
Software win 7 x64-
Benchmark Scores Coming soon

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I flashed 1408 the other day, havent had any problems so far, in fact my rigg seems to be more stable now as far as im aware?:eek::laugh::)

I had problems with this BIOS and both the Formula and the Extreme. Settings made in BIOS are not properly applied. At first I thought it was ram issue, close investigation after showed that the BIOS is not something I want running on my system, period. Turbo is not working correctly, either. On the Formula board, the IGP has become permanently enabled. I even tried re-flashing the BIOS on that board, pulling the BIOS chip, installing a different CPU...still IGP enabled.

I'll try this new one, but flashed over the 14xx BIOS. I will not pull the 0704 off the other chip, since it's working reasonably well.

with bios 14xx I had set a 44x multi and under Windows it turned out as 46x all the time, I set everything to auto or default in BIOS, and only the multi to 44x and still got 46x. Then I uninstalled AISuite, used Asus Unofficial Cleaner, and now it is working but not good, voltages are hard to control, EPU sometimes stops working. I think the BIOS devs are thinking only in 3rd gen processors now.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
IDK Erixx I only ran the 3750K in mine and I don't see the issues you were describing in your log. Very possible this is geared to Gen3 though. Also still on the 12xx bios;)

cadaveca

My name is Dave
IDK Erixx I only ran the 3750K in mine and I don't see the issues you were describing in your log. Very possible this is geared to Gen3 though. Also still on the 12xx bios;)

I did see the same as Erixx with both 3570k and 3770k, that's part of what I experienced, for sure. I can push the button and swap BIOSes and go back to that crap, any time. :p

Honestly, I think there is new UEFI base code, might be part of the problem, will have to give them a few versions to get it nicely sorted out.