• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Medal of Honor 2010

D

Deleted member 24505

Unsubbed from thread,i wont hurt your ea lovin anymore ok.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
there ya go....first post edited. didn't see you mention that to yourself - twice , but ok.

I guess the rest of this thread is pretty much invalidated then. all yours man...

Post all you like friend. If you want start a dedicated thread for MoH do it. Kurgan did the same thing with BC2 when I had already started a clubhouse. I don't mind at all. Just be sure to keep it updated like Kurgan did and give credit when due. Ill post any info I find in it also.

This makes it easy for me, you and the mods. :toast:

System Name Wopper
Processor Intel i5 3570 @ 4.2 Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 760 3Gb w/acx cooling
Storage 120Gb Evo SSD + 2 GB Games + 1.5 TB Data
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2268WM 22-Inch 120 Hz 3D-Ready
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Realtec onboard
Power Supply Antec TruePower New 550W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
If you want to be in on the Beta on the first possible day (the 17th), two possible ways I heard about:

First off, you have to own BFBC2, console version with VIP code registered with EA, or PC version having registered on EA and played online.

Second, either pre-order MOH from the EA store, where they will send your beta code almost immediately on your receipt, or having bought BFBC2 on Steam, pre-order MOH on Steam.

AFAIK, all other vendors will not be sending out beta keys until the 18 at the earliest. Some say they will not send out beta keys until the 21st.

According to the Medal of Honor web site, the vendors said to be participating in the beta are: EA Store, GameStop, Amazon, Impulse, GamersGate, Steam, Gametap, and Direct 2 Drive.

That list does not include Play, which first leaked news of the beta, so maybe that list is not complete?

System Name Wopper
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Case Antec P182
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Some of the nuts and bolts of Multiplayer in MOH.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/109/1097378p1.html

E3 2010: Medal of Honor Multiplayer Preview

Online death to infidels!

June 14, 2010

by Hilary Goldstein

Though EALA is doing the single-player for Medal of Honor, it's DICE (makers of Battlefield: Bad Company 2) handling the multiplayer component. While the expectation may be for DICE to offer up Battlefield's multiplayer with a different coat of paint, that's not the case at all. Medal of Honor's multiplayer certainly has elements of DICE's design heritage, but it's more about ground infantry combat. The battles, 12-on-12 online matches featuring special forces versus insurgents, are intense and brutal. You die quickly thanks to "faster bullets" as DICE describes it, and a lack of health packs. This is war. Good luck surviving.

You begin your online career as a U.S. Army Ranger, but progress up levels, unlocking new items on your way to becoming a Tier 1 Operator. And you definitely want to become Tier 1 -- that's when you unlock a beard. The beard doesn't kill, it just looks bad ass. On the way to unlocking a beard, you'll be opening up new modifications for your weapons. Weapons can support three mods, which can be switched out between rounds. DICE promises hundreds of combinations. Weapons will become one of the biggest variables in Medal of Honor, far more so than in more first-person shooters.

Experience is earned for completing mission objectives and for kills. There are bonuses for certain types of kills, as well as score chains. It's not just about getting a bunch of kills in a match, but in getting quick batches of kills.

Score chains unlock Tactical Support Actions. These are similar to Killstreak Rewards in Modern Warfare 2, but have some notable differences. The biggest difference is that you always have the choice between offensive or defensive support actions. Do you want to give your teammates armor or buffed health? Or would you rather call in a mortar strike? The decision could be tactical or selfish, depending on your point of view and the choice that's made. But it can certainly turn the tide of battle. And it's great to have a way to better your team rather than earn a couple of extra quick kills.

There are two modes available in Medal of Honor multiplayer, spread out over eight maps. Combat Mission takes you to the Helmand Valley, an actual location in Afghanistan. This is a series of objective-based missions. The one I was shown had us playing as U.S. soldiers attempting to destroy a large weapons cache. Our opponents played as Taliban insurgents hell-bent on stopping us.

The mission has five objectives. Your ultimate goal is to call in your F-15s to blow up the weapons cache. But you need to first take out some anti-aircraft guns. To get to these, you'll need to guide a Bradley tank past some obstructions. This includes a few roadblocks along the way. As with Bad Company 2, you can hop into the Bradley and have some fun destroying enemies. But Medal of Honor isn't really about large-scale vehicle combat. Don't expect to be flying helicopters everywhere or driving an army of tanks. This mission has a single tank, which your ground troops must protect.

The insurgents will have the upper hand in many areas. There are some places where they have the high ground and can dig in to protect their territory. Death will come quickly, but respawns are plentiful. Currently, there's no kill cam or way to see who killed you, which needs to be addressed before Medal of Honor ships in October. There is minor environmental destruction, so you can bomb out a house where a sniper is camping, but you might have to die three times in a row to figure out which house he's in.

In true DICE fashion, Combat Mission requires teamwork if you hope to beat down the insurgents and take out the weapons cache. Everyone can run around like independent jerks, which is exactly what happens when you get a dozen journalists in a room, but once this game is out, working as a team can only help.

The other mode is Team Assault, which takes place in the ruins of Kabul (at least for the E3 demo map). This is Team Deathmatch in the city slums, where players push to win a certain set of points on the map. The emphasis is on knowing the map and keeping on the move. There's a lot of vertical gameplay in this one, with two- and three-story buildings. As I said earlier, combat can be pretty unforgiving. But the reward for sticking with it is readily apparent. The better you get, the more easily you can unlock the Tactical Support Actions. These are a lot of fun and since you aren't tied to a specific set, feel more versatile than Modern Warfare 2.

Leveling up wasn't part of the E3 experience, but my sense is that unlocking weapon parts is going to become addictive. If there really are as many possibilities as DICE promises, we should see hundreds of different weapons on the field of battle.

Medal of Honor seems to be the perfect combination of Call of Duty and Battlefield: Bad Company 2. You no longer have to fight over which game is better, because Medal of Honor offers the best of both. If the full game is as good as the E3 demo, then this may just be the multiplayer game of the year.

Video Interview on Mutiplayer in MOH with Patrick Lui of DICE. (aka Pottan on Twitter)

He mentions here that destruction in multiplayer will be "limited".

Processor 2700x under H100i progeebee
Motherboard ASUS x470 prime
Cooling Fans
Memory gskill ripjaw 3200
Video Card(s) MSi Vega 64 ref
Storage 120Gb OCZ Vertex 2E SSD - 500Gb Games - 1.5tb Storage and Media
Case CM HAF 932
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software Win 10
MOH BETA

So... who here has actually pre-ordered yet? I did.

If you own BC2 on Steam and pre-order MOH there as well you are entitled to the beta on the 17th.

I just hope voip support is better here than BC2 so I can communicate more.

System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
yeah ive pred and got my key - can't register it until the 17th so no verify until then - but it says it's a beta key so i trust it :)

Cooling Fans
Case CM HAF 932
Software Win 10
yeah ive pred and got my key - can't register it until the 17th so no verify until then - but it says it's a beta key so i trust it :)

Did you get it from the EA store or somewhere else?

I just used steam because I know it's easy to cancel if I need to.

Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
I got it off impulse actually. first thing yesterday morning it wasn't yet on steam... I am assuming it will be as easy or easier to return with impulse (if necessary)... however if not lesson learned.

either way i will start refreshing the code entry page at midnight :)

I will be updating with screens and prolly vids of beta after it goes live

Cooling Fans
Case CM HAF 932
Software Win 10
I guess that page is unnecessary for steam versions. Hopefully the portal you're using has their HTTP servers ready to handle the load. I imagine Steam will be a little slow tomorrow.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
i dont mean to threadcrap, but i am not paying 59.99 for a pc game anymore. MW2 just pissed me off the entire time i played it :laugh:

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
If you want to be in on the Beta on the first possible day (the 17th), two possible ways I heard about:

First off, you have to own BFBC2, console version with VIP code registered with EA, or PC version having registered on EA and played online.

Second, either pre-order MOH from the EA store, where they will send your beta code almost immediately on your receipt, or having bought BFBC2 on Steam, pre-order MOH on Steam.

AFAIK, all other vendors will not be sending out beta keys until the 18 at the earliest. Some say they will not send out beta keys until the 21st.

According to the Medal of Honor web site, the vendors said to be participating in the beta are: EA Store, GameStop, Amazon, Impulse, GamersGate, Steam, Gametap, and Direct 2 Drive.

That list does not include Play, which first leaked news of the beta, so maybe that list is not complete?

Sorry, I don't see the logic of why I have to pay them to beta test a probable buggy game. Betas are in my eyes never designed to be paid for. And at $59.99 some are really not seeing this for what it is. Specially if you think people should pay early for access to a beta. Another thing is that you have to look at how well they did with BC2. We are still waiting for a patch to fix most (not all) of the problems with the game. I'm not talking well beta tested problems, I'm talking about programing 101 problems:
-VOIP not working
-can only see 6 servers at a time in favorites/history
-hit registration not working as it should
-etc
When you have overwhelming evidence that suggest that we should hold off 1st why should we dedicate threads to this game? Are we really that desperate for a new PC game that we throw caution to the wind?

Last edited:

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
DEDICATED SERVERS!!!!11

heh. i did the dedicated server thing with BC2 and it was a shit storm of complaints since EA/DICE simply were not ready to handle the volume of players and bugs in the code.

as i get older it just seems to make more sense to wait 6 months after a game drops to buy it. first, the company has all the bugs worked out. second, you dont have to spend a ton of cash on new hardware to play the game. :pimp:

Cooling Fans
Case CM HAF 932
Software Win 10
@ eastcoast- In my opinion I'm not really paying to play this beta. Sure I ponied up the cash to get access but at any given moment I can cancel the order and be on my way having spent nothing. $59.99 US is too much for the average PC game but with the rate I grow tired of games I'll probably get my fill from the beta alone.

There is a good chance the game will be buggy and it also might have horrible gameplay but at least everyone will know based on our feedback.

You might think the game is a waste of time and that's the opinion you're entitled to.. just like this discussion thread is our entitlement. :)

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix 1080Ti
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
Software Win10 Home
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran.
Hmm, I was pretty stoked to hear this game was coming out, but I can't bring myself to shell out $60 for it. I'll probably wait for some reviews and for a sale on Steam.

I hate the fact that prices are going up to $60 - on EA games.

I want to play those games anyway. So it'll either be $60 for a pc game or $60 for a console game. if it's a shooter i'll get it for pc. I won't pirate it. I want to play it. it costs money. but i want to play it - and i won't pirate it. so i buy it.

it's what i do. i buy games, i play them. it's fun. I don't do it for the fiscal and economic stability it affords me.... i do it because i like video games:)

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix 1080Ti
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
Software Win10 Home
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran.
I wasn't dissin' ya for paying 60 bucks for it, I just felt burned from MW2. I've spent a lot of money on hardware and games in the last few months. If I was that into playing this specific game, I'd be able to separate myself from my cash pretty quickly.

I got a serious backlog on games anyways, I just beat Half-Life 2 for the first time this week and just started Ep1.

I wasn't dissin' ya for paying 60 bucks for it, I just felt burned from MW2. I've spent a lot of money on hardware and games in the last few months. If I was that into playing this specific game, I'd be able to separate myself from my cash pretty quickly.

I got a serious backlog on games anyways, I just beat Half-Life 2 for the first time this week and just started Ep1.

yeah i probably got a little touchy - as truthfully it does feel stupid to pay full price + $10 for a game... but I did it so now i have to defend it :)

jk - as trip said, if it turns out bad a refund is possible with pres :)

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
@ eastcoast- In my opinion I'm not really paying to play this beta. Sure I ponied up the cash to get access but at any given moment I can cancel the order and be on my way having spent nothing. $59.99 US is too much for the average PC game but with the rate I grow tired of games I'll probably get my fill from the beta alone.

There is a good chance the game will be buggy and it also might have horrible gameplay but at least everyone will know based on our feedback.

You might think the game is a waste of time and that's the opinion you're entitled to.. just like this discussion thread is our entitlement. :)

Yes, we are all entitled to our opinion but, at the same time we have to see it for what it is. This game won't be release until Fall of 2010. Tomorrow you will pre-pay for it and in return you will help them beta test it, all at your cost of $50 + $10. I really don't see why one would need to "cancel the order" if one's mind is already made up. And, obtaining a refund will all depend on the merchant because you are getting access to the game. After going through all the hassle to me it isn't worth it.

You could simply believe that you are not charge until the game is shipped throwing caution to the wind. However, keep in mind that some did that for BC2 and some found out that you couldn't get a refund because of the beta.

There are plenty of games coming out for the PC and really don't see the need to pre-pay to be invited to beta testing at $50 + $10 for the trouble. For example, APB which offers a free beta. Regardless if you like that game or not.

So in the end, perhaps one could cancel the order if they are fortunate enough to do so. But if one does it would suggest to me that it should have never been purchased to begin with. For example, after the Gulf Coast issue would you trust BP to drill for more oil there? If not, why are you giving them another chance "at your cost" when the same thing applies? IE: Fool me once shame on you...

Last edited:

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Cooling Fans
Case CM HAF 932
Software Win 10
Yes, we are all entitled to our opinion but, at the same time we have to see it for what it is. This game won't be release until Fall of 2010. Tomorrow you will pre-pay for it and in return you will help them beta test it, all at your cost of $50 + $10. I really don't see why one would need to "cancel the order" if one's mind is already made up. And, obtaining a refund will all depend on the merchant because you are getting access to the game. After going through all the hassle to me it isn't worth it.

You could simply believe that you are not charge until the game is shipped throwing caution to the wind. However, keep in mind that some did that for BC2 and some found out that you couldn't get a refund because of the beta.

There are plenty of games coming out for the PC and really don't see the need to pre-pay to be invited to beta testing at $50 + $10 for the trouble. For example, APB which offers a free beta. Regardless if you like that game or not.

So in the end, perhaps one could cancel the order if they are fortunate enough to do so. But if one does it would suggest to me that it should have never been purchased to begin with. For example, after the Gulf Coast issue would you trust BP to drill for more oil there? If not, why are you giving them another chance "at your cost" when the same thing applies? IE: Fool me once shame on you...

I do see your points however I did order through Steam and Steam will refund my purchase if I ask them to. I have friends who pre-ordered and played the BC2 beta though Steam. Due to connection issues and general dislike for the game they were refunded.

I agree that having the beta with free access would be better at the same time having pre-order beta only does limit the beta to those who actually want to play and test the game vs those who simply want another game to pwn.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
I do see your points however I did order through Steam and Steam will refund my purchase if I ask them to. I have friends who pre-ordered and played the BC2 beta though Steam. Due to connection issues and general dislike for the game they were refunded.

I agree that having the beta with free access would be better at the same time having pre-order beta only does limit the beta to those who actually want to play and test the game vs those who simply want another game to pwn.
If that's true then it was only a select few. I recall a few who wanted their money back and didn't get it.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
If that's true then it was only a select few. I recall a few who wanted their money back and didn't get it.
I remember a few who waited until the day of or after beta was over, and asked for money back. that was ingenuous and they didn't deserve it. i'll need 15 minutes to know whether i want to stick with my purchase or not - if not i will return and uninstall immediately...as i did with sto.

damn it! i can't register yet!

UPDATE: The Medal of Honor beta for the Xbox 360 is delayed but it is expected to be available next week. We are extremely disappointed about this, but want to assure you that we are dedicated and determined to delivering all of you this awesome multiplayer experience as soon as possible. However, we are excited to extend the beta to make up for lost time! The beta will continue as planned for the PlayStation 3 and PC. For these platforms the beta starts on June 21st, however players who own Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and have pre-ordered will be able to enter on June 17th. More information and Beta availability updates can be found at www.medalofhonor.com/betainfo

You can redeem your key for the PC and PlayStation 3 here starting on June 17.

System Name Wopper
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Case Antec P182
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Another interview with Patrick Liu. Interestingly, in this one he mentions MOH will have a "much greater variety of game modes" than BFBC2 (@ 1:10), which has 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGudUD47IKQ

Maybe all is not known, and there is something interesting to look forward to.