• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

mediaBIN2.1 Mini-ITX Project :: zAAm

Processor Intel i7-8700k @ stock
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro iirc
Memory 16GB Corsair DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1070 FE
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500G NVMe
Display(s) 34" ASUS ROG PG348Q + 28" ASUS TUF Gaming VG289
Case NZXT
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard CoolerMaster Storm XT Stealth
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Hi Guys

I've been wanting to upgrade my current media and file server to a more power friendly version for a while now and decided I need to make some plans on the new build.

The current server is a 1.6GHz P4, 384MB DDR400, 2x320GB baby running Ubuntu Server 9.04. It's only running a proxy, firewall and samba so it's not taxed very much but when I try to run DC++ clients on it it starts to struggle, especially when I'm accessing files over the network concurrently.

Now, the new rig is as planned:

• Intel Little Falls 2 Mini-ITX with Atom 330 Dual Core 1.6GHz CPU
  • 2GB DDR2-800 (Although it only supports 533, 800 is cheaper ;))
  • 2x320GB Seagate IDE's (the current drives)
  • 1x1TB Seagate SATA 7200.12 32MB
  • Space for another HDD if needed
  • Gigabyte 370W PSU (Plain vanilla)

I'm trying to save space as well and I want to make a custom box for it. I thought that clear Perspex or Plexiglass will do fine as it's pretty inexpensive and easy to work with (Also, I can get it laser cut for free here at our university, I just pay for the materials :D).

Done some work in SolidWorks and this is one of the things I came up with so far... Any ideas will be appreciated. Still need to do the front panel design and so on.

Front: Forgive my tacky fan sketch, just wanted to make it look like a fan, didn't need to be authentic ;)

Back:

The whole box is 200x240x250 (w/h/l).