• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Meshified | A simple 1440p gaming build

System Name Editor's Den
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard MSI MPG B550 Carbon Wi-Fi
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory Kingston Fury Beast RGB 32GB 3600MT/s CL16
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3080 Vision OC 10GB
Storage Kingston KC2500 1TB + Kingston A2000 1TB
Display(s) BenQ EX2780Q
Case be quiet! Pure Base 500DX White
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD559 + Creative Sound Blaster X3
Power Supply be quiet! Dark Power 11 Platinum 850W
Mouse Logitech G502X Lightspeed / G Pro Superlight
Keyboard Mountain Everest MAX
Software Windows 11 Home x64
Hello guys! After lurking for a while, I decided to join the TPU Forums. Until now, I was not so active on foreign forums and only been active on local ones. I am from Romania, living in Bucharest, the big city, the capital, the whatever. I utterly despise it. I was a gamer since I was a kid, growing up with the likes of Hercules, Need For Speed High Stakes and Porsche, FIFA and such. In the past four or five years I've been looking to build myself a powerful gaming PC, and this one right here, is my final build, for now. Since 2014 to date, I've had a total of six computers, this being the seventh. I can finally say that I have a configuration that satisfies me and it's powerful enough to run whatever I throw at it. Without further smalltalk, this is my computer:

• AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.5Ghz 1.15v - This bad boy was a gift and coming from Ryzen 5 1600 I can't say it's the biggest of upgrades, but adds to the future proofness
  • ASRock B450M PRO4 - I got this motherboard after researching a bit. I had to choose from this one, ASUS TUF B450M and AORUS B450M, but the others had either bad reviews or bad VRM, bad cooling or didn't satisfy my needs. Also, HardwareUnboxed praised this ASRock as being the best mATX AM4 board out there so I got it.
  • Cryorig H7 Plus - Initially this was supposed to be a Cooler Master Hyper212 Black Edition, but the retailer I ordered the CM from, delayed the order too much so I canceled it and got this bad boy from a local store. I am pleased with it's performance, temperatures never striking over 50*C while gaming.
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000Mhz - I wanted 16GB of RAM, dual-channel and high-speeds to meet the Ryzen's needs for RAM. I got the cheapest one I got from a reputable brand.
  • Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming - This card is the only used part I bought, because the RTX 2060 was too expensive for me at the moment and coming from an RX580 8GB I wanted a good upgrade for 1440p. I got this card from someone who mined with it, but with warranty until mid 2020. The price was $250, which around those places is pretty good for a relatively good distribution with warranty and everything.
  • HyperX Fury 120GB + WD Caviar Green 640GB - Those two are dating since the third computer I had. The SSD is only for Windows and apps and the 640GB of the HDD are plenty enough for my games and other random files I keep.
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini - In my opinion, the star of the show. I built this PC around this case. First time I saw it I knew I had to get it so that's what I did. I was fortunate enough to get some spare money from a nice deal I did previously and I could afford this case. The airflow is great, build quality over the top and man, it looks stunning.
  • Seasonic M12-II 520W - Coming from a Corsair CX series, this is a good upgrade for me. Wanted a modular PSU from a reliable brand. Also, the 520 watts of this unit are plenty enough for my build and future upgrades I might (and will) do.

Also, being a gamer is no easy task without having the right peripherals so I invested some bucks into those:

• Zowie XL2730 27" 1440p 144Hz - This monitor is the end-game for me when it comes to gaming performance. I feel very proud of getting it and I think I am set for some years with it.
  • Zowie FK1+ Special Edition White - The latest addition to my setup is this mouse. I liked the looks of it and having owned a ZA11 before, I already knew what I'm into.
  • SteelSeries QCK - Best pad money can buy IMO. Used this with Zowie ZA11, Razer DeathAdder Elite and now the FK1+. No problems with any of them, very nice feeling and easy to maintain.
  • Logitech G PRO - Always wanted a TKL RGB mechanical keyboard and I stuck a good deal on this one about a year ago and I am sure it will stick around for a long long time.
  • HyperX Cloud Revolver - Got them as a replacement for the good old TurtleBeach X12 Earforce. I am not an audiophile of any sort, so their performance is plenty enough for me.
  • Microsoft Xbox One Controller - Best controller ever?!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-01-24 at 13.41.34.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-01-24 at 13.41.34.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 388
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-01-24 at 15.33.59 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-01-24 at 15.33.59 (1).jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 415
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-01-24 at 15.33.59 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-01-24 at 15.33.59 (2).jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 697