• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MetallicAcid's In Win 925

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
ASUS ROG XI Formula Z390 motherboardNvidia RTX2080 Ti FEIn Win 925In Win C1250 1250W PSU32GB Corsair Platinum Special Edition Black Chromed RAM at 3200MHzIntel Core i9 9900KSamsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD 512GB x2In Win Sirius Loop ASL120 120mm fans x9Watercooling made by EK Waterblocks.

Mods:
Custom aluminium panelsCustom chrome piping for watercoolingCustom made brackets for EK-FLT360 D5 res/pumpCustom made PSU cables

Hello everyone.I would like to introduce the latest member to the family. This is a custom built gaming PC with some light aesthetic mods to improve the internals by covering holes and improving the looks around the motherboard tray.I fell in love with the In Win 928 chassis, which is the big brother to this 925 seen here. The 928 was a chassis specifically built with the Intel Xeon W-3175X Processor motherboards in mind, which the following week was debatedly made obsolete the following month by AMD and their Threadripper 3rd generation platform.Regardless, the 928 was a limited chassis, and I unfortunately missed the chance to own one of these. It seemed that the outcry of many a disappointed customer was loud enough that In Win decided to make a smaller variant of the 928, and a few months later we received the 925.This 925 sports some amazing design features and in my opinion make this chassis look extremely classy. The design language was already great in my opinion, so I wanted to make my personal PC into something that would honour those design queues, but also be able to separate my build from the many others that can be found on the internet.One design elements that I really enjoy with my finished PC build is the vertically standing EK Waterblocks FLT360 D5 reservoir/pump combo which fills out the space underneath the Nvidia 2080 Ti FE graphics card. This is also a great space to hide some cables which run up to the connectors on the motherboard.The other design element that I implemented to make my In Win 925 unique is that I made some custom panels to dress the inside of the chassis from 2mm thick aluminium. I usually brush my aluminium panels, then finish them with a glossy clear coat to prevent oxidation. This time however I decided to leave the aluminium panels bare so that they would be a flat surface with glossy finish. Then with the internal aluminium panel that is found to the right side of the motherboard, there is a diagonal black space that runs from left to right, with the right side of the black panel being the lowest point. Underneath that black section is another shiny, glossy raw aluminium surface. This entire design mimics the EKWB CPU water block with the two-tone design language which is a design that I absolutely enjoy.Chromed copper piping connects up all of the water blocks, radiators motherboard VRM and res/pump combo. All pipes where straight and bent by me to specific radius, and cut to desired lengths. Black GPU water block, black and silver CPU block, and black EK-Torque fittings make a great contrast against the shiny chromed pipes. Clear coolant is used within the loop for ease of use and cleaning later on, and all D-RGB lighting is set to purple as I am really into the Cyberpunk aesthetic at the moment.Cables are custom ordered from Cable Mod, but unfortunately they did not have the specific cables for the In Win Signature PSU that I am using in the PC. So I went ahead and ordered PSU cables for a different PSU that had the same type of PSU-side connectors, I then took apart the stock 24pin cable from the In Win PSU, and reverse engineered the pin-out until I had a complete 24pin cable once again. Luckily it worked as I had planned, and now I have a custom cable kit that works for my In Win PSU.Rounding out the hardware specifications are the ASUS ROG XI Formula Z390 motherboard, 32GB Corsair Platinum Special Edition Black Chromed RAM at 3200MHz, Intel Core i9 9900K, Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD 512GB x2, In Win Sirius Loop ASL120 120mm fans x9, and all watercooling made by EK Waterblocks.Thank you for checking out my gallery. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think about my PC!

I voted 3/10 because:

Nice parts. Really nice case. No mods
Please take the time to read my custom mods underneath, and please change your score.

My custom mods are the polished aluminium panels on the PSU shroud, and the inside of the chassis beside the motherboard. This panel beside the motherboard has a two-tone aesthetic that has the same design as the CPU block from EKWB. There are also cut-outs that allow the 24pin and USB cables, and the GPU bracket to prevent to sag which have been hand drilled and filed to fit. There are many custom made cables, and all fan cables have been sleeved. The EKWB FLT has a custom steel mounting system that allows me to mount the reservoir in this laying orientation. The pipes are custom bent with my own pipe bender.

stinger608

Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder
System Name Dean Machine/2020 Ryzenfall
Processor Intel 4790K/AMD Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard MSI 1150 Gaming mATX/Gigabyte AORUS ELITE B550
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED/SilverStone AH240 AIO
Memory 16 gigs Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer/16 gigs G.Skill TridentZ NEO DDR4
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 1660 Super/Gigabyte GTX 1660
Storage Crucial SSD 256 and 2TB spinner/Dual Samsung 980 Pro M2 NVME 4.0
Display(s) Overlord 27" 2560 x 1440
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic modular 850 watt Platinum/EVGA T2-850 Titanium
Software Windows 10 Pro/Windows 10 Pro
Please take the time to read my custom mods underneath, and please change your score.

The user never will man. He or she is just a frigging idiot troll.

System Name Core
Processor Intel 12700k @ 5.0/4.0
Motherboard ASRock z690 Steel Legend
Cooling Artic Cooling Freezer 420 AiO
Memory GSkill 64GB 3200 cas 14 b die
Video Card(s) Asus Nvidia RTX 4070 Super OC
Storage Optane 900p x2, SK Hynix p41 Pro
Display(s) ACER 250hz 1080p 25" IPS display x2
Case Phanteks p500a with all Noctua Chromax/Arctic fans
Audio Device(s) Focusrite interface, Presonus Studio Monitors and Subwoofer
Power Supply Seasonic 850w plat with cable mod cables
Mouse Glorious Model O
Keyboard Corsair mech k65
Software Win 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores 3dmark TimeSpy 20240-rtx 3090FE/12700k/Optane 3dmark TimeSpy 21862-rtx 4070Super/12700k/Optane
Impressive build as always. You've got the skills to build true high end machines that aren't just expensive parts slapped together. Way to go and keep it up.

The user never will man. He or she is just a frigging idiot troll.
It was worth a try..

Impressive build as always. You've got the skills to build true high end machines that aren't just expensive parts slapped together. Way to go and keep it up.
Thank you mate! Anyone can build a PC these days as it has become so accessible, so I always try to add a little industrial design and attention to the most overlooked details whenever I build a new machine :)