• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Metro Exodus Developer Discusses Boycott of the PC Platform for Sequels over Steam Review Bombing

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Let's keep unproven politics out of this.

And there's a choice. It has nothing to do with the topic, but it does show someone voting with their wallet.

Yes, really.

Then you're not paying attention.

Got numbers? All I see is noise. We know from experience its not going to go that fast after all. Otherwise a lot of other items would have turned out quite differently as well.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I'd be more sympathetic if EA were actually trying to give STEAM real competition and thus helping improve STEAM as well. Competition is good for consumers and businesses. This is just EA trying to undercut STEAM but in no way improve the model. Consumers will lose out in the end. Metro should have been on both services and let the market decide where they want to purchase the game. You can't say it's coming to STEAM and take pre-orders and then screw people over because you found a better deal. If they had never announced it was coming to STEAM in the first place they wouldn't be in this shit storm. I won't be using EA's store ever.

This isnt about EA. ;)

How about the people in this thread?

That is noise, not a sales number. I think a lot of people here are not quite as strict as they say they are. Same as Reddit et al. Thats why its called vocal minority. Those same people that already have five launchers installed.. so much for principles ey ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: M2B
It's not about the platform -- it's about exclusivity. The whole " you can ONLY buy it here" that EA, EPIC and others are trying to push.

Just because a Chinese company threw some money at these guys now the gamers who bought it from steam HAVE to download epic game launcher and HAVE to use the EPIC launcher which already got hacked twice.

Enjoy having that running on your computer.

Honestly if they want to publish their FPS for console only, good luck to them. I'm not buying this game until it comes to Steam.

PC gamers are such cry babies, unbelievable. I bet they would still make loads of money with console only versions. You guys are toxic as f but in the end you´re all playing counter strike or dota.

System Name Sham Pc
Processor i5-2500k @ 4.33
Motherboard INTEL DZ77SL 50K
Cooling 2 bay res. "2L of fluid in loop" 1x480 2x360
Memory 16gb 4x4 kingstone 1600 hyper x fury black
Video Card(s) hfa2 gtx 780 @ 1306/1768 (xspc bloc)
Storage 1tb wd red 120gb kingston on the way os, 1.5Tb wd black, 3tb random WD rebrand
Display(s) cibox something or other 23" 1080p " 23 inch downstairs. 52 inch plasma downstairs 15" tft kitchen
Case 900D
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply xion gaming seriese 1000W (non modular) 80+ bronze
Software windows 10 pro x64
they wont boycott pc.
gamers wont boycott the game though some may wait for it to come out on steam.
personally im happy just to wait for it it to come out on steam..
yes you can argue "whats an extra installer." but i have amazon prime which gives me free games with twitch. I don't use that launcher even for free games.

Most of my games are on steam, and i dont plan to use a diferent launcher to add to the mix anytime soon. So i understand why people are angry given they did state it would be on steam at launch then changed their mind.

Now i understand steam charges quite a bit more for devs/publishers and so steam needs to make things better for them.
But that's not my problem. epic may be making guarantees of sales figures which they will cover if sales are not hit to try and get more publishers to use them exclusively (think that's anti competitive to be honest but im not a laywer, and havent seen any actual contracts or the wording in them) Again not my problem.

now i am a consumer and i don't want more launchers. i stoped using origin, and the blizzard one i also never used the uplay one, and the Bethesda one can go whistle hell i dont even have the windows store on my windows 10 and i dont use the twitch one which has lots of free games.
The only launcher i allow to start is steam, so that is my problem. and im happy with it, if they want me to buy their game it needs to come on steam.

Review bombing is a bit shitty to be fair, but it has become a way for people to voice their displeasure with publishers/devs choices. I genuinly dont agree with it but given pc gamer boycots just dont work because gamers want to game so they buy the game any way then this is what happens.

so for me it either comes out on steam where i have all my games or it does not.
I will even buy games on steam i already have for free on twitch because its easier for me.
there is a reason why I tunes became so massive and combated so much of music piracy, "it was a single easy to access platform" if you start spliting things up in to other needed launchers making the process of getting the game harder or more annoying then people will just find other means.

Epic does have one thing going for it though. it has pretty much every teen gamer already in their pocket due to fortnight. (a free game i only played like 3-4 times because well its an extra launcher and it genuinly inst that good) but they do have it so thats a massive player base they have there..

IMO
ball is in steams court. And im not changing from steam unless epic will port all my steam games to the epic launcher for free.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
I have to applaud any effort to break up Steam's de facto monopoly, frankly. Even if their competitor is an industry giant like Epic - it's not like Valve is an underdog, after all. Would I much rather that a smaller competitor like GOG make it big? Sure, absolutely. But a duopoly is still better than a monopoly, and at least Epic has the clout to actually make a dent in Steam's dominance. Gamers ought to be thankful for any and all efforts to diversify this market. While the timing of this is absolutely an issue, it's not like they're refusing to honor Steam pre-orders or barring people ordering on Steam from getting DLC or anything like that. And I would be shocked if this affected multiplayer in any way.

As for this post, I think it's entirely reasonable. Why on earth should gamers care what installer/launcher they use? As long as it doesn't lack crucial features or have an egregious EULA, I don't see any issues with having more than one, even if there is a slight inconvenience in having a bunch of launchers - that's better than a monopoly. And if people attack the developer, including their previous work, for such a spurious and nonsensical reason as this, well, I wouldn't be surprised if the developer chose not to focus their efforts on serving this audience the next time around. Why would they, if all they're going to get is abuse for reasons that don't relate to the actual game itself? The way I read this, it's not at all a threat, but a reasonably measured response to an absurd and offensive situation.

That is noise, not a sales number. I think a lot of people here are not quite as strict as they say they are. Same as Reddit et al. Thats why its called vocal minority. Those same people that already have five launchers installed.. so much for principles ey ;)
Or people actually do what they say. Example, I have one installed client; Steam. But I buy most of my game titles on GOG. I rarely use Steam.

While I try out all the other client platforms, it is done only to see what they're like and how they work so that I can render an informed opinion. Having said that, beyond the scope of being inquisitive, they were swiftly deleted from my test system. Most people don't go to those measures and just don't use what they don't like regardless of how good a game is.

Would I much rather that a smaller competitor like GOG make it big? Sure, absolutely.
Completely agree!
even if there is a slight inconvenience in having a bunch of launchers
That all start with your system when it boots up and stay running in the background. That's a bit more than a "slight inconvenience" as it can kill system resources.

Last edited:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
well people here in the West should be boycotting Russian products after their attempts to manipulate elections in several western countries
so yeah no more Metro games for me at least
Except 4A isn’t Russian. :rolleyes:

System Name Multiple - Win7, Win10, Kubuntu
Processor Intel Core i7 3820 OC@ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1333MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire ATI Radeon RX 480 8GB
Storage Samsung SSD: 970 EVO 1TB, 2x870 EVO 250GB,860 Evo 250GB,850 Evo 250GB, WD 4x1TB, 2x2TB, 4x4TB
Display(s) Asus PB328Q 32' 1440p@75hz
Case Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper
Power Supply Corsair HX750, HX550, Galaxy 520W
Mouse Multiple, Razer Mamba Elite, Logitech M500
Keyboard Multiple - Lenovo, HP, Dell, Logitech
If that's a real Metro developer posting there, there is a point about gamers being lazy for a 2 minutes store install. Average non-computer savvy gamers are notorious for being very sissy-like, a lot of people I knew and played PC games with back in the old young days I had to constantly bother with very super lazy people who were not lazy in real life, they just took everything on a computer as a BIG TIRING CHORE. I used to install 5 games and 10 programs and do all kinds of stuff on a PC while some of my friends barely had the patience to install one game or make an account, so these slow boring slobs are absolutely REAL out there, and it's mostly children who probably eat sugary snacks and fast food all day makes their brain rot out, no wonder.

However, here's the reflection, the fans decision to reviewbomb and boycott is as ridicolous as the publisher's decision to abruptly switch to store exclusivity, so in a sense they were asking for it, made a stupid decision and got a stupid response, especially as it already was being pre-sold on Steam. This decision was infact absolutely insane from a customer point of view, it would make it far more understandable if the decision was made prior the game started selling on Steam, ofcourse technically there was no deal with Steam violated, so in some way it's somehow justified to have an insane response, an eye for an eye I guess, even tho I do not promote it.

What the gamers should do is to basically demand from EPIC to get support and continue work on the store before launch, voice the opinion on Epic forums to get things done and provide feedback, it has barely launched, gamers are also notorious for having little idea of how software is developed and the logistics around that, it's not a small deal to run a digital game store, steam didn't release fully featured, blizzard battle net didn't relase fully featured.

The announcement could have been that the next game would move to Epic Store, or that DLC would only be on Epic Store. This is some kind of weird greed that, who the heck is running THQ Nordic or Deep Silver, the acquisition of Deep Silver is also fishy, wasn't Deep Silver who bought Metro IP from the defunct and supposably dead THQ ?!?! I was deeply following that story.

Now I figured it out myself, THQ Nordic is a completely different company that bought the dead THQ brand/trandemark, it should be noted in an update or something.

Last edited:
System Name Red Radiance l under construction
Processor 5800x
Motherboard x470 taichi
Cooling stock wrath
Memory TridentZ Neo rgb 3600mhz (2x8 kit)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64 nitro+
Storage 970 evo nvme
Display(s) lc27g75tq
Case tt core x5 tge
Audio Device(s) sennheiser's pc323d usb soundcard
Power Supply corsair AX860i
Mouse roccat burst pro
Keyboard roccat ryos mk fx
Software windows 10
That all start with your system when it boots up and stay running in the background. That's a bit more than a "slight inconvenience" as it can kill system resources.
invalid argument.
steam, origin, upaly, gog galaxy, battlent launcher (havent tried epic launcher yet) all have the option "start when pc start" that can be disabled. in fact this is first thing that is turned off when i install all those launchers and no launcher is alowed to reside on my pc if this option cannot be turned off (valid also for music/video players, tramspeack, discord and all other tones of softwere "require" to run on your pc all the time).
it is me who deside what start when how long it stay running and when it is closed.

Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Storage Samsung SSD: 970 EVO 1TB, 2x870 EVO 250GB,860 Evo 250GB,850 Evo 250GB, WD 4x1TB, 2x2TB, 4x4TB
Except 4A isn’t Russian. :rolleyes:

Well actually that's technically right but it may be only on paper today, if we were going into that stuff deeply just so you guys don't forget that the whole area is mixed good around there, by actual population Crimea is overwhelmingly Russian (and official now), most of south and east today's Ukraine is mostly Russian people, so it's a huge gray area, many of the devs might have family in today's Russia, they may be living in more than 1 place even, my schoolmate who was Ukrainian but had half the family in Russia, so they're traveling back and forth constantly over there.

Lastly, Kiev was a capital city of what was supposably a precursor to the precursors of Russia like over 1000 years ago, the Kievan Rus'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kievan_Rus'
So there you go.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
invalid argument.
steam, origin, upaly, gog galaxy, battlent launcher (havent tried epic launcher yet) all have the option "start when pc start" that can be disabled. in fact this is first thing that is turned off when i install all those launchers and no launcher is alowed to reside on my pc if this option cannot be turned off (valid also for music/video players, tramspeack, discord and all other tones of softwere "require" to run on your pc all the time).
it is me who deside what start when how long it stay running and when it is closed.
I am the same, nothing launches with windows, but I use my desktop for other things besides games and during those times I cant have a game launcher running.

System Name Hotbox
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
I have a 6c12t CPU and 16GB of RAM. I've never seen RAM usage above 12 GB except when I'm using Adobe Premiere. Even though the Windows scheduler is rather poor, I don't think this'll cause any slowdown to speak of. Sure, it's likely measurable even on systems with this high a core count, but noticeable? I doubt it.

Personally, I only let Steam start when my PC starts, as that's my most used launcher (no wonder, seeing how I've been using it more or less since launch), but I have GOG Galaxy, Origin, Uplay, and recently also the Epic launcher installed, and use them when wanted/needed. The only inconvenience/annoyance is the need to update launchers when it's been a while since I've used them.

Well actually that's technically right but it may be only on paper today, if we were going into that stuff deeply just so you guys don't forget that the whole area is mixed good around there, by actual population Crimea is overwhelmingly Russian (and official now), most of south and east today's Ukraine is mostly Russian people, so it's a huge gray area, many of the devs might have family in today's Russia, they may be living in more than 1 place even, my schoolmate who was Ukrainian but had half the family in Russia, so they're traveling back and forth constantly over there.

Lastly, Kiev was a capital city of what was supposably a precursor to the precursors of Russia like over 1000 years ago, the Kievan Rus'
So there you go.

Just like the border between Germany and Poland is largely illusory, as is the German-French border, etc., etc.. Where ever there are borders that aren't drawn along natural barriers to migration, people have moved across, back and forth, as long as there have been people there to do so. That's humanity for you. As such, claiming that "Crimea is really Russian" or "Ukraine is really Russian" is an absurd claim, as neither of those current countries/areas are the same as whatever previous entity might have occupied/claimed those lands previously. That's just selective reading of history. If anything, the Kievan Rus' being centered around Kiev does kind of underscore how the Russia of today is a modern construct, no? Pretty much all countries are.

Tl;dr: nation states are largely arbitrary constructs that have ever less value in a modern, connected, global society, and clinging to outdated and illusory ideas of nationalism is harmful to everyone involved. Please stop.

Sad to see that various arguments lead to the result of games going away from PC.

P.S. Crimea status is irrelevant since Ukraine came to existence out of nothing. Of course each side in a situation like this will quote only the part of the historic time-line that favors them, so I suggest such debates are left for other-than-tech boards.

@Valantar - Nation states are no more. They exist only on paper and are lead by th same world oppressors. Want to check if that's correct ? Try finding out how many countries still have independent banks. The answer is 3 and decreasing.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11

So there you go.

While I applaud you for having knowledge of my people, A4 games is actually based not in Ukraine anymore. It is in Malta. They left because of 2014 coup.

System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
Sad to see that various arguments lead to the result of games going away from PC.

P.S. Crimea status is irrelevant since Ukraine came to existence out of nothing. Of course each side in a situation like this will quote only the part of the historic time-line that favors them, so I suggest such debates are left for other-than-tech boards.

@Valantar - Nation states are no more. They exist only on paper and are lead by th same world oppressors. Want to check if that's correct ? Try finding out how many countries still have independent banks. The answer is 3 and decreasing.
Well, a lot of their bad sides (xenophobia, war-mongering, etc.) still linger, but on the other hand, we've mostly only gotten the bad sides of supranational society too (largely thanks to nation states refusing to cede power to any official supragovernmental organization, so instead they cede power to global corporations where the people have zero influence instead of some. Smart, that.). Global politics and governance is fun. Yay.

Back to the topic, though:
While I applaud you for having knowledge of my people, A4 games is actually based not in Ukraine anymore. It is in Malta. They left because of 2014 coup.
They moved their HQ, but not the development team - their Kiev office is still the main development office. If they moved for political reasons, the notorious tax haven of Malta was an ... odd choice. Sure sounds like there might have been another motive behind that.

The more I read about this, the more I'm struck by the absurdity of people calling for boycotts of a developer not for limiting their game to one online store, but for limiting their game to one online store that isn't their chosen one. Principled? Not quite. At least they're not even trying to camouflage this as something more than sheer, blind fanboyism. Even if Steam is a good, feature-rich platform (it ought to be, after 15 years in development), people are quite blind to their own best interests if they're actually campaigning for games to always be on Steam. What has Valve done to deserve this good will? Are people actually claiming that Valve has done anything worthwhile with their massive hoard of wealth? 'Cause I can't see it - and thus they might do well with a kick in the shin, so to speak.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)

So there you go.

Yep, I was aware of that. Just trying to keep it simple for him.

Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
As such, claiming that "Crimea is really Russian" is an absurd claim.

Tl;dr: nation states are largely arbitrary constructs that have ever less value in a modern, connected, global society, and clinging to outdated and illusory ideas of nationalism is harmful to everyone involved. Please stop.

You are misunderstanding the post. You should have read the first statement "if were were to dig into that nationality stuff deeply". You are technically correct but you are twisting it and putting it on me as if I was for one or the other. I'm explaining the reality currently in place and in practice and in history. However there are many more sides you can look at this.

Universally there is no ownership of anything, there's no inherency, but that's how it would be in the perfect world, but in practice every living thing on the planet has it's own corner and enforces ownership, and everyone would need to reach extremely high levels of understanding and philosophy close to achieveing some kind of enlightenment for all of them to live in peace without borders and move around freely, which very hard to achieve in practice with so many people and so many views and experiences in life as well as deep-rooted beliefs, it's just nearly impossible, so your apparently leftist ideas aren't correct because you would have to became the same that you are supposably fighting against, to do this impossible task you'll either have to mindcontrol or destroy everyone to make them "understand".

In the EU we're seeing the results of "unification", that it actually downgrates the value of individual cultures and morphs into one, everyone who tricked by the unification now calls themselfs "proud european", isn't this downward, isn't this backward, replacing 50x European difference and diverse cultures with just one? All this inclusiveness is actually destryoing the diversity they're claiming to be protecting.

That said, you seemed to go way out with the last paragraph, nobody in the universe has the right to decide for every only living being how they must live and in what conditions and dictate them they have to be "connected" and "global". I am obviously not promoting barbarism and nationalism in the conquest sense, where the group is greedy for more land and wants to take over more and more endlessly, there are MANY TYPES of nationalism and your first big mistake is putting them all in one bunch. Your supposable idea that borders are just "illusions of the past" is your own subjective opinion (or illusion) as well, you are not any more different, you have an idea or a vision which is not any less radical than the radical nationalism.

Here's an example: My house is my property, and I regard it as my property based on the work/effort/time I spent building it, it doesn't bother anyone nor do anyone harm, I decided that you are not allowed inside, I will enforce my ownership and rules with my life if necessary, that's the choice I made and I'm ready to live with the consequences, so now you have a choice to acknowledge/respect that decision and leave me alone, or you can try to enforce your idea of "everyone should live with ethernet cord sticked up their butt and have to smell 10 other feet in an inclusive bedroom every night" but because I'm not a sissy that gets folled by the modern information and perception based warfare, I will not budge and the only way you would be able to get inside would be to destroy me. owever, if you leave me alone, most likely I will leave you alone too, so who's the one looking for a fight around here? That's pretty much the summary of whats happening in the world, sure there are some bad nationalist dictators, but many are being falsely accused and it's their right to defend themsefls.

You think you can take over a country/tribe/groupofpeople by just comparing one of their leaders with Hitler, you thought we would drop our pants that easy? Bwahaha

And I didn't want to debate this, I wanted to mention it only as a side thing. The last thing we need is anyone boycotting anything Russian or Ukrainian or Maltian around Metro Exodus. Who the heck even came up with the idea.

Last edited:

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
I'm not going to boycott a Studio or Publisher over where they decide to put their game but I will wait a couple of years for Epic to prove that they will keep their site up and running well and that the store will be secure. I waited a couple of years before signing up for Steam and did the same for Origin. I don't really want yet another account but it is inevitable I guess that all of the big Publishers will do it. Bethesda will probably make the next Elder Scrolls exclusive to their site as well.

Edit: This review bombing stunt on Steam is why I don't bother reading reviews there or on Metacritic. Sometimes people slam a game for no good reason just because they have a grudge against the Developer or Publisher. There is no sensible reason at all to slam Metro 2033 or Last Light due to Exodus being exclusively on the Epic Store for a while. Those are both very good games imo. It's just childish to review bomb those 2 games for that reason.

Last edited:
Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Well, a lot of their bad sides (xenophobia, war-mongering, etc.) still linger, but on the other hand, we've mostly only gotten the bad sides of supranational society too (largely thanks to nation states refusing to cede power to any official supragovernmental organization, so instead they cede power to global corporations where the people have zero influence instead of some. Smart, that.). Global politics and governance is fun. Yay.

Remember, if we all agree, when you are born you simply randomly show up with no inherent ownership of anything, there is none, you roam the natural world for search of resources to survive. Unless artificially provided (Royalty, Family, etc) there is none right.

So that same thing should go for these global organizations who are assuming they have control over everything else, who the heck do they think they are they can dictate to tribes/groups/countries to "respect migration law". What law? It's not our law right? Unless we agree and sign it we aren't part of it, we don't have to respect it. It's like aliens came from another planet and told us to do this or that, so we're just going to pull pants down and surrender?

Remember independent countries/groups may be close together geographically, but if they have no treaties(contracts) between them, under the law (in this case no law exists between them) there is technically zero requrement for any acknowledgment between them to do as either one says, a country doesn't even have to acknowledge other one's existance/borders, they can just mark it as , not technically, it is only in good heart and good faith that you respect other entities/countries and acknowledge their existance, but there is no universal law that requires you to do that. The proximity/geolocation is just a coincidence, it's the same as if independent tribes/groups/countries were 100 light years apart on a different planet.

Same way goes for ..., there is no law in the universe made by nature that tells you that you have to provide house/food/water for any living being in need. You do it only from your good faith and good heart and only IF YOU HAVE A SURPLUS TO SPARE. Nobody has a right to DEMAND help and nobody has a duty/requirement to RESPECT that demand, help comes if it can, unfortunately it's random, it goes by luck, you and others being in the right place at the right time doing the right things, circumstances, and nobody has a right to dictate the circumstances for that to happen either.

But you can't just IMPOSE some made up vision on people that never agreed to be part of your idea. Which is correct, that's why they hiddenly get control of countries leaders to sign up to these treaties so that when people finally figure out what happend, they can give them the answer: "Well that's what your leaders signed up for 50 years ago."

And one big important point: Nobody has to respect UN/EU laws if they don't want to, nobody has to respect any laws of anyone else, if they don't both agree to each other, laws/treaties are form of contracts, if you're not a party to the contract it does not apply to you, we all understand that right, but in practice as I said with the "MY HOUSE" example, in practice the EU/NATO might destroy you if you don't do how they want, so here's my question: how is that TOLERANT ?!?!? And that's how you figure out they're just one more group out of many groups in the universe who are conquerors, but they cleverly use psychological operations, the "tolerance" trick and "help da children" guise for their domination.

There's nothing bad about being good to someone who's in need of assistance to survive, nobody's even against this, never was, it's just that this is being abused by bad guys who act as good guys, the genuine good guys NEED to figure this out. The imposters who are benefiting from all of this "free help" are all for the oppoite goal they're claiming to be, that's the ultimate problem the helpful group doesn't get, that they're being hugely fooled and exploited by these imposters.

Okay I made my point, back to Metro now.

largely thanks to nation states refusing to cede power to any official supragovernmental organization

Yeah but they're not required to by any law in the universe. It's not their problem, only from your viewpoint. Legally you can't do much other than wage warfare, even if we all disagree with them and their practices, and that's the unfortunate reality of the universe, every kind is going to find a corner for themselfs and there is no one that is right, anyone that tries to enforce it's rules on everyone will become a tyrant.

One day some Aliens could come and promote themselfs as higher-level than the "supragovernmental organizations", from their point of view they would look at your quote and pretty much say the same you just said "Well the problem is here that planet Earth just won't cede power to our solar dominion, these supragovernmental organizations are just so in deep in the illusory past".

So you see this can go round and round forever, always someone more powerful, or importantly, someone acting more powerful, comes around and assumes control and starts propagating "how this is bad how it's old we have to replace it bla bla bla". It can be correct, but it can equally be someone posing as fair who's using just another classic military trick.

If you think truly you are doing best you can and you think you can defend your property then you can simply say to the Aliens: KTHXBYE and watch the radar screens for any missile launches or laser blasts. Reality 101. Then it's all about information, you will be confident to just say KTHXBYE to themif you believe you're more powerful to what they have, they will attack if they feel they can defeat all of your your secret weapons and bases, they will not attack if they know they will lose, but they might attack and lose, if they didn't knew about the secret weapons. (but this is a quick summary)

Did someone say it's all about information? Aren't so many corporations providing "FREE" stuff in exchange for your "usage reporting", oh gee what do we have here.

Telemetry (read: Military Intelligence) in various software is an extremely insulting term the corporations are using, because usually telemetry was something only NASA (etc) had with their SPACE PROBES which are soul-less robots, so basically these corporations see you as mindless consumers who report their telemetry back to them as if they own you and your life.

Last edited:
System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider
Godwin's law is triggered, this thread should end. Leave politics aside. Especially Russian and Ukraine war.

Once again, most are kinda off the reality, how things work in real life.

Developer has no right to express public his view as company representative, without coordinating with upper CEO, sales management. It is like a janitor starts to bumble how things should be made at CERN. It's plain and totally wrong. He must do his job coding or designing the game, selling and marketing is left for other positions in the company. He should be scolded or fired for such actions, as it taints the franchise. It is a product they sell. It ain't pennies, but near million, it involves many people. This cannot be taken seriously. Calm down everyone. It is just one person.

It looks like scripted, even the reviews at steam, it could be set up to make steam look like that. Knowing all that. Someone is financially interested and paid making all this fuss. Losers are 4A and Steam from this both, so look elsewhere.

Acting like dumb sheeps.

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
PC gamers are such cry babies, unbelievable. I bet they would still make loads of money with console only versions. You guys are toxic as f but in the end you´re all playing counter strike or dota.

How is that toxic - in what way is not supporting exclusive distribution toxic? Or are you just spouting off what you hear without any evidence?

Counterstrike and Dota huh? Ok.

Enjoy buying your 8 future consoles just so you can play the games you want because publishers/developers arbitrarily go exclusive.

System Name 06/2023
Processor R7 7800X3D
Motherboard ROG STRIX B650E-I GAMING WIFI
Cooling Custom 240mm cooling (for CPU) with noctua nfa12x25 and Phantek T30
Memory 32gb Gskill 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 dual asus deshrouded with 120mm NF-A12x25
Storage 2tb samsung 990 pro + 4tb samsung 870 evo
Display(s) Asus 27" Oled PG27AQDM + Asus 27" IPS PG279QM
Case Ncase M1 v6.1
Audio Device(s) Steelseries arctis pro wireless + Shure SM7b with Steinberg UR
Mouse Corsair scimitar pro (this mouse need an overall guys pls) + Logitech G Pro wireless with powerplay
Keyboard Sharkoon purewriter
Software windows 11
Benchmark Scores Over 9000 !
If you were a dev you would want to make the most profit possible to insure you will still have a studio for new games.

To jump on a new platform offered backed by a powerhouse in the industry is only logical.

People love to slander others for any reason.

The mentality of this generation is so corrupted it is unfathomable.

The only corrupted mind here is yours if you can't see how this stupidity is anti consumer.

Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Developer has no right to express public his view as company representative, without coordinating with upper CEO, sales management. It is like a janitor starts to bumble how things should be made at CERN. It's plain and totally wrong. He must do his job coding or designing the game, selling and marketing is left for other positions in the company. He should be scolded or fired for such actions, as it taints the franchise. It is a product they sell. It ain't pennies, but near million, it involves many people. This cannot be taken seriously. Calm down everyone. It is just one person.

It looks like scripted, even the reviews at steam, it could be set up to make steam look like that. Knowing all that. Someone is financially interested and paid making all this fuss. Losers are 4A and Steam from this both, so look elsewhere.

Acting like dumb sheeps.

Indeed, it gets into the legal stuff whether or not he's allowed or not from expressing those views, there is confidentiality, but there's other anti-corruption and whistleblower laws so it gets complicated.

The no-right is only internal between the employess of the company in that case, I would assume. But wait a minute, you don't know the actual contract, nobody does, some companies have more relaxed policy than others, so don't jump to conclusions.

That said, if the person is a real developer and the company does not stand behind those claims, it's just whatever, it's the same subjective opinion as if someone random said it on the street,, in true fairness any action by fans against the whole company on the game based on an unofficial and personal opinion would be unjustified. Gamers wouldn't win in court using tha persons opinion as argument if that's not the official stance of the company.

Godwin's law is triggered, this thread should end. Leave politics aside. Especially Russian and Ukraine war.

Once again, most are kinda off the reality, how things work in real life.

Every thread has more or less natural possibility to derail, where evolved people are present those derails can naturally rerail themselfs, but it also takes some patience, so there's 2 factors, and in many other places re-rails would eventually happen if it weren't for the impatience.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
Just like the border between Germany and Poland is largely illusory, as is the German-French border, etc., etc.. Where ever there are borders that aren't drawn along natural barriers to migration, people have moved across, back and forth, as long as there have been people there to do so. That's humanity for you. As such, claiming that "Crimea is really Russian" or "Ukraine is really Russian" is an absurd claim, as neither of those current countries/areas are the same as whatever previous entity might have occupied/claimed those lands previously. That's just selective reading of history. If anything, the Kievan Rus' being centered around Kiev does kind of underscore how the Russia of today is a modern construct, no? Pretty much all countries are.

Except modern Ukraine is really a construct of what was given by the USSR
You are misunderstanding the post. You should have read the first statement "if were were to dig into that nationality stuff deeply". You are technically correct but you are twisting it and putting it on me as if I was for one or the other. I'm explaining the reality currently in place and in practice and in history. However there are many more sides you can look at this.

Universally there is no ownership of anything, there's no inherency, but that's how it would be in the perfect world, but in practice every living thing on the planet has it's own corner and enforces ownership, and everyone would need to reach extremely high levels of understanding and philosophy close to achieveing some kind of enlightenment for all of them to live in peace without borders and move around freely, but beign unified doesn't that actually destroy the diversity of various cultures, which very hard to achieve, if not impossible, your leftist ways aren't correct and you'll either have to mindcontrol or destroy everyone to make them "understand".

All this inclusiveness is actually destryoing diversity they're claiming to be protecting.

That said, you seemed to go way out with the last paragraph, nobody in the universe has the right to decide for every only living being how they must live and in what conditions and dictate them they have to be "connected" and "global". I am obviously not promoting barbarism and nationalism in the conquest sense, where the group is greedy for more land and wants to take over more and more endlessly, there are MANY TYPES of nationalism and your first big mistake is putting them all in one bunch. Your supposable idea that borders are just "illusions of the past" is your own subjective opinion (or illusion) as well, you are not any more different, you have an idea or a vision which is not any less radical than the radical nationalism.
Here's an example: My house is my property, and I regard it as my property based on the work/effort/time I spent building it, it doesn't bother anyone nor do anyone harm, I decided that you are not allowed inside, I will enforce my ownership and rules with my life if necessary, that's the choice I made and I'm ready to live with the consequences, so now you have a choice to acknowledge/respect that decision and leave me alone, or you can try to enforce your idea of "everyone should live with ethernet cord sticked up their butt and have to smell 10 other feet in an inclusive bedroom every night" but because I'm not a sissy that gets folled by the modern information and perception based warfare, I will not budge and the only way you would be able to get inside would be to destroy me. owever, if you leave me alone, most likely I will leave you alone too, so who's the one looking for a fight around here? That's pretty much the summary of whats happening in the world, sure there are some bad nationalist dictators, but many are being falsely accused and it's their right to defend themsefls.

You think you can take over a country/tribe/groupofpeople by just comparing one of their leaders with Hitler, you thought we would drop our pants that easy? Bwahaha

And I didn't want to debate this, I wanted to mention it only as a side thing. The last thing we need is anyone boycotting anything Russian or Ukrainian or Maltian around Metro Exodus. Who the heck even came up with the idea.

You quoting the wrong dude man.