1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mic port does not work on 780i

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Grownman, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Grownman

Grownman New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, so iv put together my pc and everything is running great for about a week now. The only problem is that I like to use a spilter for my sound so I can have a line going out to my speakers and one going out to the speakers on my headset. Now there is no problem with that. The problem is that my mic port does not seem to be working. Any tips out there of fixing this? I try to talk and every on vent or ts but no one can hear me. I have a usb dongle that came with my headset and it has a mic and speaker port on it for my headset but if i use it then my speakers on my desk do not register.

Thanks

2. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    What motherboard do you have and please fill in system specification :D. I had similar issues and I think an updated driver fixed them.

3. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Are you trying to use the port in the back of the motherboard, or the one on the front of the case?

Also, what OS are you using?

10 Year Member at TPU Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  4. Grownman

Grownman New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey i figured it out thanks for your help though. What happened was vista had the mic outbound set to 0 so thats why.