• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microphone & Headset not working

OrbitzXT

System Name AX-01
Processor Intel Core i5-2500K @3.7 GHz
Motherboard ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
Cooling Zalman 9700
Memory Kingston HyperX T1 Series 8GB DDR3 1600 MHZ
Video Card(s) GTX 590
Storage Intel X25-M
Display(s) 42" Samsung LED HDTV
Case Antec Twelve Hundred
Audio Device(s) HT | OMEGA STRIKER 7.1
Power Supply Kingwin 1000W
Software Windows 7 64-Bit
I was trying to overclock my processor and went a little too far and got a BSOD during Prime 95, I put settings back to they were that I know work, and when I got back into Windows 7 64-Bit everything was fine except my headphones and microphone were not working. They are separate things, not a mic-headset. The headphones are working fine with other music devices, I'm not sure what's wrong but it's frustrating since I go on skype a lot. I'm in the Recording tab in the Sound control panel and there is no noise being detected by the microphone. I've tried reinstalling the sound drivers but that didn't help. Any other ideas?

OrbitzXT

System Name AX-01
Processor Intel Core i5-2500K @3.7 GHz
Motherboard ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
Cooling Zalman 9700
Memory Kingston HyperX T1 Series 8GB DDR3 1600 MHZ
Video Card(s) GTX 590
Storage Intel X25-M
Display(s) 42" Samsung LED HDTV
Case Antec Twelve Hundred
Audio Device(s) HT | OMEGA STRIKER 7.1
Power Supply Kingwin 1000W
Software Windows 7 64-Bit
Also my sound is working on my Z5500 speakers through the optical cable, but it seems all of the analog connections are not working now. Any ideas how to fix this?

Edit: Well for now I went into the bios and enabled the onboard sound, and am using that for my microphone and headphones and that works, but I'd ideally still like to fix whatever is wrong with the sound card if anyone has any idea how to fix it.

Last edited: