• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft Allows PC Makers to Downgrade to Windows XP

HAL7000

Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz
Motherboard ECS KA3 MVP
Cooling stock
Memory Mushkin eXtreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB)
Video Card(s) X1900GT
Storage SAMSUNG SpinPoint P Series SP2004C 200GB
Display(s) Acer AL2051W 20" 8ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor
Case IN WIN IW-F430.RL Red
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy gamers edition
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad - Copper
Software XP Pro w/SP3
You gotta remember that Microsoft spent I believe it was well over $1,000,000,000 (thats 1 billion dollars for those of you that can't count) on testing its product and even then you can't find every bug on your operating system without it being released to the Mass public every company is guilty of this to some degree. Look at Apple arent they releasing updates for major bugs that could allow hackers control of your computer? Doesnt every game have glitches that only the public could find to some degree (remember the Halo 2 sword glitch;););)?). Couldnt some updates that fix minor bugs create an unseen glitch that could potentially allow a hacker to take control of your computer? These are all valid reasons as to why there will always be updated for most kinds of software or none at all ;);). Hackers will always find a way somehow unfortunately to hack a program or OS remember that :slap:

I would like to know where you got those figures that you quoted...........But MS is constantly releasing patches, fixes etc. I am not discrediting them as a company because they have done a better job at it themselves then anyone else could. MS needs better PR with their vendors and consumers, this is what I was pointing out. Demanding OEM's that they have a deadline using XP....well this in turn puts MS on that same deadline getting Vista right. But most don't hold MS accountable like they ought to be. I am tired of Corporate America, etc, f**king the consumer and this is what my rant is. Most of us hold companies accountable when we get less than what was advertised and what we paid for. MS is no different, they need to be providing the best customer care as they can. Demanding their OEM's to make due or else is unacceptable to me. I am a consumer, and have rights as well, I also have a voice and when I need to use it I do...."Professionally". I only wish there was another platform that offered gaming support like MS,
and if there was, believe me, not only I would be using it. :toast: