• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft Announces Overhauled Microsoft Store on Xbox

Microsoft has recently announced a completely rebuilt store for Xbox One. The new Microsoft Store on Xbox has been designed to be run twice as fast as before with launch times of under two seconds. The store has gained a new navigation system which makes it easier to find specific content along with a revamped search feature that offers more filter options. The wish list and checkout features have been updated to increase transparency and help keep track of game pricing. The new store also incorporates advanced safety features which ensure potentially inappropriate content is hidden for child and content restricted accounts. The new Microsoft Store on Xbox will be progressively rolling out to Xbox Insiders starting August 5 before a complete rollout this fall.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

D

Deleted member 185088

It doesn't seem so much better it still looks messy, I prefer a minimalistic ui like the PlayStation or the original 360.

System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 32GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo XL
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR / AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.
No MS Store games for me with the locked folder bullshit.

Processor 3700X
Motherboard X570 TUF Plus
Cooling U12
Memory 32GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX970
Storage 512GB 970 Pro
Case CM 500L vertical
No MS Store games for me with the locked folder bullshit.
Yes, you have such a great choice of digital stores on the Xbox One.

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
It doesn't seem so much better it still looks messy, I prefer a minimalistic ui like the PlayStation or the original 360.

You're not the target audience then and neither am I. I love minimalistic websites and UIs. Simple, clean, easy to navigate.

Same with Steam. Valve doesn't give a shit about how a lot of older gamers view the new UI (aside from it still running like shit, bugs and crashes). They're moving on to the next generation of gamers that grew up with constant social media feeds from various companies and having a lot of flashing lights and short videos constantly spammed in their face.

Kids these days seem to thrive off of sensory overload and when they're not getting it they can't sit still or focus on simple tasks at hand. They love when companies cram as much crap as they can into their websites/UI: make the UI flash/glow/pulse/stream numerous videos at once/show unorganized gobs of pictures all at once.....these kids gobble this crap up.

I can't stand the look of the new Steam UI - I haven't logged into it for the past few months now and I don't miss it. I have games on there I have never had a chance to play because just enough time to get to them all....without Steam installed I can't download and play the games....oh well, such is life seeing as it's my decision and I don't actually care. I enjoy the using GoG for my games. The layout is still pretty simple - no social media crap/streams/flashing images shoved in my face.

But, as I said, companies are moving towards the new set of gamers.....the old folks won't be around as long. Get the new ones hooked, you got them for life.

System Name Thakk
Processor i7 6700k @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Z170N ITX
Cooling H55 AIO
Memory 32GB DDR4 3100 c16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX3080 Trinity
Storage Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD / Intel 250GB SSD / Samsung Pro 512 SSD / 3TB Seagate SV32
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 100hz IPS Gsync / HTC Vive
Case QBX
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 > Creative Gigaworks T40 > AKG Q701
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Ducky Shine TKL MX Blue + Vortex PBT Doubleshots
Software Windows 10 64bit
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12108888
They should get rid of the "star" ratings to be honest. Looks cheap.