1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft Preparing Gamer-friendly Keyboard

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jul 16, 2008.

1. calvary1980

calvary1980 New Member

Dec 26, 2007
    1,801 (0.56/day)
    Thanks Received:
    Toronto, CA
    switches are usually plastic housing that strokes the membrane. quality of switches greatly effects tactile response.

for example.

this is a standard keyboard. Plastic Key Housing -> Switch -> Membrane -> PCB

SteelSeries caters to Professional Gamers this is the 6/7G Model it runs anywhere from $100-150 usd. I admit it doesn't look much but what is the difference between a $150 keyboard and a $30 keyboard? cables sleeved, has rubber feet, key changer, extra key set which are grey, detachable wrest, housing is constructed of thermoplastic, usb/ps2/mic/audio inputs are 18k gold platted, can stroke 10-12 keys at once (anti-ghosting) even on PS/2! with this special buffer system also holds the title for tactile response time see below.

this is a switch from the SteelSeries 6/7G they use a spring system which increases the life expectancy of each key to 60,000,000 key strokes versus standard 1,000,000 to 10,000,000 to the right of the spring is a 18k gold platted connector for optimal conductivity.

this is the bentley of gaming keyboards.

- Christine
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  2. psyko12

Jun 5, 2007
    1,890 (0.55/day)
    Thanks Received:
    Wow that's an awesome keyboard, I'm only used to seeing the 1st pic the common keyboard, I wonder how much would those keyboards be priced here... I only saw G-15 on malls compy shop and it's 5-5.5k pesos!! Omg!