• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft puts the Banhammer on Live ACCOUNTS

joinmeindeath417

System Name SINNAH
Processor AMD Phenom II x4 955 3.8ghz AIR
Motherboard ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
Cooling 3 fans of MADNESS
Memory 4GB ADATA XPG DDR3 1600G
Video Card(s) ATI 4890 1GB GDDR5 memory
Storage 500gb SATAII
Display(s) 23" 1080p Acer H233Hbmid
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream / 600W / Active PFC
Software Windows 7 Professional 64bit
According to Xboxscene.com

Xbox LIVE BanHammer for Playing Forza 3 Early
>> It looks like Microsoft started banning users from Xbox LIVE for playing Forza 3 early (the game was leaked on the internet a few days ago). It's not the first time Microsoft puts out the BanHammer from playing leaked games and it will certainly not be the last time. For now it seems to be an Account BAN and not a Console BAN.

Here's a quote of the email banned users got from MS:
Notification of Permanent Suspension: Pre-release title play

This email is to notify you that your Xbox LIVE account privileges have been permanently suspended due to illegitimate pre-release title play.

Your conduct was brought to the attention of the LIVE Enforcement Team through the course of our operation of the service. The LIVE Enforcement Team has reviewed the complaints and other evidence regarding this content and determined it violates the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use and/or Code of Conduct. Because your conduct is in violation, the Xbox LIVE Enforcement Team has enacted this permanent suspension against your gamertag.

During your suspension, you will not be able to log into Xbox LIVE. Your Xbox LIVE privileges will not be reinstated.

Customer Support is not able to modify or provide any further details about your suspension.

Microsoft expects that all customers abide by the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct provides guidelines for appropriate behavior while using the service.

So apparently Microsoft is actually banning accounts for this and not the console. hmmm they must be pretty pissed off than no?":nutkick:

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten
What sort of stupid people would play these games connected to the internet!

Fark wits.

Last edited by a moderator:

joinmeindeath417

System Name SINNAH
Storage 500gb SATAII
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) Onboard
I love reading there thread, these people are actually getting pissed that they got banned, hahahh

I find it hilarious, you can't rob a bank get arrested and than they just let you go. I mean come on.

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
dumbasses. For their stupidity, they deserve this.

Last edited by a moderator:

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
I love reading there thread, these people are actually getting pissed that they got banned, hahahh

I find it hilarious, you can't rob a bank get arrested and than they just let you go. I mean come on.

Yep some peeps have been GamerTag banned not console banned, which in some cases is worse becaus eyou lose ALL of your purchased DLC....its the first time MS have done this. They claim its down to the leaked Forza 3 and Borderlands.

Its hardly the same as robbing a bank, but I get what your saying ;)

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
I can't believe MS is doing this !!
I mean, come on. These are just everyday people whose ethical values are equivilent to the steaming turds they drop into the dumper.
By targetting those who are "ethically challenge" (obviously a medical condition), I think MS is reacting in a way that is predjudicial and closed-minded.
I think a class action law suit is in order to stop this flagarant violation of peoples' right who are obviously sick in the head and dumber than a box of hammers.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
I mean, come on. These are just everyday people whose ethical values are equivilent to the steaming turds they drop into the dumper.
By targetting those who are "ethically challenge" (obviously a medical condition), I think MS is reacting in a way that is predjudicial and closed-minded.
I think a class action law suit is in order to stop this flagarant violation of peoples' right who are obviously sick in the head and dumber than a box of hammers.

That said, a lot of these people have paid a shit load of cash for DLC (which may I add is usually free for the exact same PC version) and a lot of people with modified consoles us this fact as a way to 'try before you buy' and if the games good, they purchase the original.

System Name THE CUBE 2.0
Processor Intel i5 13600k
Motherboard MSI MPG Z690 EDGE DDR4
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE BK 2x T30-120 Fan mod mount
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 3200 MT/s C15 32GB 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti 11GB OC: Core 2GHz, Mem 5.7GHz
Storage WD SN770 250GB / 3x WD SN850X 2TB / Toshiba X300 4TB / 2x RAID1 Toshiba P300 3TB
Display(s) Samsung 49" Odyssey OLED G95SC 240Hz 5120 x 1440
Case "THE CUBE" Custom built, pure Red Alder wood
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 880
Power Supply Corsair RM1000X
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard Logitech G910
Software Windows 11 Pro
lol noobs Microsoft:nutkick:Idiots by the way anyone played forza 3 DL? is it good i want to preorder if it is i loved 1-2

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, Ryzen 9 5980HX
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4(With Noctua Fans)
Memory 32Gb Crucial 3600 Ballistix
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3080, Asus 6800M
Storage Adata SX8200 1TB NVME/WD Black 1TB NVME
Display(s) Dell 27 Inch 165Hz
Case Phanteks P500A
Audio Device(s) IFI Zen Dac/JDS Labs Atom+/SMSL Amp+Rivers Audio
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 SE Hero
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Mk.2
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey Plus
Software Windows 10
so if you play a game early and your not a reviewer then your banned

damn

but based on this I will stick with what I said earlier, microsoft purposely leaked forza 3 with a different game id than the real one, and are now smarter about banning, its more profitable to ban accounts instead of consoles because if you ban the console you might lose a customer, ban the account and that person might end up spending more to get the content they had, and still has the console to buy more.

Last edited:
System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
works for me. If they try and sue, they admit guilt for downloading illegal content, if not they lose all their stuff.

Probably the same kind of people who cheat and change games content to make gaming easy for them.

Think about it, wallhacks by changing the transparency of walls and stuff in games, reburn the game and win big time.

MS BANHAMMER FTW!!!!

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
Stealing something to "try it before you buy it" does not validate your actions. Period.
If they take a financial loss becuase the DLC's tied to their account no longer work, they have no cause to complain. It's no different than the financial loss the game developers would incur from having their game pirated.
They can easily try it before they buy it. It's called a demo.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
The people that are being banned are those that ran the USA version, which was taken from a source that was stolen. So its not a case of 'play the game early and get banned!' ;)

Stealing something to "try it before you buy it" does not validate your actions. Period.
If they take a financial loss becuase the DLC's tied to their account no longer work, they have no cause to complain. It's no different than the financial loss the game developers would incur from having their game pirated.
They can easily try it before they buy it. It's called a demo.

Piracy isnt right, I know this and Piracy does affect the games industry slightly. I say slightly because the number of legit consoles outweigh modified consoles massively. The games industry is hurt more by places like GAME and ebay....places that sell 2nd hand games. Because every 2nd hand game that is sold means 1 less full price retail game sold ;)

In most countries, believe it or not, its illegal to lend out games and movies etc.......thats because you may not buy it retial if you borrow a game or movie from a friend.....so is that robbery too?

joinmeindeath417

System Name SINNAH
Storage 500gb SATAII
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) Onboard
That said, a lot of these people have paid a shit load of cash for DLC (which may I add is usually free for the exact same PC version) and a lot of people with modified consoles us this fact as a way to 'try before you buy' and if the games good, they purchase the original.

Too bad that most people don't just "Try before they buy". I mean that's what the Forza 3 demo was for, in MOST cases if people have a modified system to played burned copies of games, they aren't buying any games (maybe a select few). The people who lose there DLC, well than this should just be a lesson to them, steal from Microsoft, they'll steal from you. Simple

Case Phanteks P500A
Software Windows 10
steal from Microsoft, they'll steal from you. Simple

thats a damn good one man:laugh:

eye for an eye lol

I lol at people who had like 50'000+gamerpoints(of pirated games) and got banned lol

it would be very very funny though, if the source game was stolen from a reviewer and people stole something that had already been stolen though.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Too bad that most people don't just "Try before they buy". I mean that's what the Forza 3 demo was for, in MOST cases if people have a modified system to played burned copies of games, they aren't buying any games (maybe a select few). The people who lose there DLC, well than this should just be a lesson to them, steal from Microsoft, they'll steal from you. Simple

So what are your views on those that lend out games to friends and buy titles 2nd hand? Because thats robbing the game developers too isnt it.

I dont care what anyone says, the 2nd hand game industry does more damage then piracy.

For example, little Jimmy buys Halo 3 ODST from GAME, he completes it and then trades it back in at GAME. They give him ÂŁ12 for it (when he paid ÂŁ39.99), they then put this game back on the shelf at the price of ÂŁ32 (pre-owned). Some mad guy pays this price for it. That means 1 retail game has been sold twice.............so this doesnt damage the games industry?

System Name Cosmos F1000
Processor i9-9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370XP SLI, BIOS 15a
Cooling Corsair H100i, Panaflo's on case
Memory XPG GAMMIX D30 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 ti
Storage 1TB 960 Pro, 2TB Samsung 850 Pro, 4TB WD Hard Drive
Display(s) ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27"
Case CM Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) logitech 5.1 system (midrange quality)
Power Supply CORSAIR HXi HX1000i 1000watt
Mouse G400s Logitech
Keyboard K65 RGB Corsair Tenkeyless Cherry Red MX
Software Win10 Pro, Win7 x64 Professional

Yeah! All those dirty poor people that play games they haven't paid for! They should be burnt to death, and their families murdered. Playing shitty video games you haven't payed for is on par with genocide! *cocks shotgun and kisses Mother/Lover*

Or maybe you are blowing it out of proportion and should watch your judgement torwards others or misdirected hatred.

joinmeindeath417

System Name SINNAH
Storage 500gb SATAII
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) Onboard
So what are your views on those that lend out games to friends and buy titles 2nd hand? Because thats robbing the game developers too isnt it.

No not at all because either way at one time the developer got paid for the game you are using second hand, and borrowing from a friend. If you physically burn a copy of your friends game and KEEP it and never return it.. well than obviously you know own a false copy of legit software; so in other words it's completely different, I am pretty sure that gamestop (ebgames etc) actually has to pay distributors a fee for selling used games anyway last i heard. If you own the medium no matter how you got it, the money still finds its ways back to the developers. IF you use a site to download a game that only one person bought, and over 10,000 are playing. Well than where is any type of cash flow for the developers?

EDIT: Also blockbuster,Netflix, any place that rents medium or "re sells" it has to pay a figure to the companies.

Case Phanteks P500A
Software Windows 10
actually I think hookey is on to something because there are thousands and thousands of games on ebay and only a small fraction of xbox 360 users have modified consoles, lets say a game is sold 3 times on ebay, now multiply that by a thousand, not even including other sites that do the same thing and smaller family run stores and pawn shops and the like that are for profit.

but its already said that second hand games is going to come to an end soon anyway so. . . . .

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
No not at all because either way at one time the developer got paid for the game you are using second hand, and borrowing from a friend. If you physically burn a copy of your friends game and KEEP it and never return it.. well than obviously you know own a false copy of legit software; so in other words it's completely different, I am pretty sure that gamestop (ebgames etc) actually has to pay distributors a fee for selling used games anyway last i heard. If you own the medium no matter how you got it, the money still finds its ways back to the developers. IF you use a site to download a game that only one person bought, and over 10,000 are playing. Well than where is any type of cash flow for the developers?

EDIT: Also blockbuster,Netflix, any place that rents medium or "re sells" it has to pay a figure to the companies.

lol, as usual, your right and everyone else is wrong. It must be great being you, "the all knowing one!"

Processor i7 2600k@4.6ghz
Motherboard MSI z68ma-ed55
Cooling Silentx Extreem 120mm
Memory 2x4gb XMS 7-8-7-20 1600
Video Card(s) HD6870
Storage 2x128gb Kingston Hyper-X (Raid0), 2x750gb RE3 (RAID1), 2x750gb RE3 (RAID1)
Display(s) Soyo 24", Gateway 22"
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini 6x120mm fans.
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Zalman 750w
Software Windows 7
In the long run they probably loose money by banning people plus it's good advertisment when friends see the game and say "hell yeh, I'm buying that when it comes out". Who buys a car without a test drive right?

MS should target the source of the leak not the end user.

joinmeindeath417

System Name SINNAH
Storage 500gb SATAII
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) Onboard
i agree completely that EBgames/GAME/Gamestop is hurting the industry never said it wasn't i just don't see how comparing selling your own medium for cash vs just downloading it for FREE is giving anything back. If anything your just contributing to the company that makes your blank DVD's.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
actually I think hookey is on to something because there are thousands and thousands of games on ebay and only a small fraction of xbox 360 users have modified consoles, lets say a game is sold 3 times on ebay, now multiply that by a thousand, not even including other sites that do the same thing and smaller stores.

but its already said that second hand games is going to come to an end soon anyway so. . . . .

Yep the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc etc hand business is huge and diddles the games developers out of shit loads of cash! More than piracy does, thats a FACT!

joinmeindeath417

System Name SINNAH
Storage 500gb SATAII
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) Onboard
lol, as usual, your right and everyone else is wrong. It must be great being you, "the all knowing one!"

I'm right by saying i think piracy is wrong? hm

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
I'm right by saying i think piracy is wrong? hm

No, your wrong by thinking things are as clear cut as you say. I said piracy is bad, but its not as damaging as you think it is. The 2nd hand games trade is far worse.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
Yeah! All those dirty poor people that play games they haven't paid for! They should be burnt to death, and their families murdered. Playing shitty video games you haven't payed for is on par with genocide! *cocks shotgun and kisses Mother/Lover*

Or maybe you are blowing it out of proportion and should watch your judgement torwards others or misdirected hatred.

Stealing is stealing. I do not hate the people who steal, I don't hate anyone. My opinion on their ethical values stands as it is true. But when someone violates the rules there is a price to pay. MS set that price, not me.

The game industry could prevent all of this (including losses due to second hand sales) if they actually put some serious thought into it, instead of just having knee-jerk reactions to people on both sides of the equation.