• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft Sends Letter to Yahoo!

Jimmy 2004

System Name Jimmy 2004's PC
Processor S754 AMD Athlon64 3200+ @ 2640MHz
Motherboard ASUS K8N
Cooling AC Freezer 64 Pro + Zalman VF1000 + 5x120mm Antec TriCool Case Fans
Memory 1GB Kingston PC3200 (2x512MB)
Video Card(s) Saphire 256MB X800 GTO @ 450MHz/560MHz (Core/Memory)
Storage 500GB Western Digital SATA II + 80GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA
Display(s) Digimate 17" TFT (1280x1024)
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Audigy 4 + Creative Inspire T7900 7.1 Speakers
Power Supply Corsair HX520W
Software Windows XP Home
It would seem that Microsoft has grown a little impatient over its takeover bid for Yahoo! earlier this year and has now sent a letter to the company persuading it to sit down and negotiate a deal:

It has now been more than two months since we made our proposal to acquire Yahoo! at a 62% premium to its closing price on January 31, 2008, the day prior to our announcement. Our goal in making such a generous offer was to create the basis for a speedy and ultimately friendly transaction. Despite this, the pace of the last two months has been anything but speedy.

While there has been some limited interaction between management of our two companies, there has been no meaningful negotiation to conclude an agreement. We understand that you have been meeting to consider and assess your alternatives, including alternative transactions with others in the industry, but we've seen no indication that you have authorized Yahoo! management to negotiate with Microsoft. This is despite the fact that our proposal is the only alternative put forward that offers your shareholders full and fair value for their shares, gives every shareholder a vote on the future of the company, and enhances choice for content creators, advertisers, and consumers.

During these two months of inactivity, the Internet has continued to march on, while the public equity markets and overall economic conditions have weakened considerably, both in general and for other Internet-focused companies in particular. At the same time, public indicators suggest that Yahoo!'s search and page view shares have declined. Finally, you have adopted new plans at the company that have made any change of control more costly.

By any fair measure, the large premium we offered in January is even more significant today. We believe that the majority of your shareholders share this assessment, even after reviewing your public disclosures relating to your future prospects.

Given these developments, we believe now is the time for our respective companies to authorize teams to sit down and negotiate a definitive agreement on a combination of our companies that will deliver superior value to our respective shareholders, creating a more efficient and competitive company that will provide greater value and service to our customers. If we have not concluded an agreement within the next three weeks, we will be compelled to take our case directly to your shareholders, including the initiation of a proxy contest to elect an alternative slate of directors for the Yahoo! board. The substantial premium reflected in our initial proposal anticipated a friendly transaction with you. If we are forced to take an offer directly to your shareholders, that action will have an undesirable impact on the value of your company from our perspective which will be reflected in the terms of our proposal.

It is unfortunate that by choosing not to enter into substantive negotiations with us, you have failed to give due consideration to a transaction that has tremendous benefits for Yahoo!'s shareholders and employees. We think it is critically important not to let this window of opportunity pass.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
And why is such a thing out in the public? So Yahoo!'s shareholders see this and pressurise it, push it for the takeover. Such as it is, it's just a neatly-packaged hostile takeover.

beyond_amusia

System Name Cozad (Asus G60JX)
Processor Core i5 M 430
Memory 8 GB DDR3 1066
Video Card(s) nVidia GeForce 360M
Storage 500GB
Display(s) 16 inch LED LCD
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
I was waiting for this to crop up since yesterday when I read it on MSN. I certainly hope Yahoo dies willingly. I like their services, but their software is so buggy I generally only use it when I have to; it'll be nice to see all these things integrated into Windows Live, yet sad to see one of the oldest web portals go... I know MS will leave it all alone for a while, but sometime in the future they may just decide it'll be much easier to manage a single version of each service and a single web portal.

beyond_amusia

Processor Core i5 M 430
Memory 8 GB DDR3 1066
Storage 500GB
And why is such a thing out in the public? So Yahoo!'s shareholders see this and pressurise it, push it for the takeover. Such as it is, it's just a neatly-packaged hostile takeover.

The Yahoo stocks fell yesterday after they (Yahoo) announced getting this letter. I wonder why Yahoo just don't float a loan and buy back their stocks to hold off MS... Then again, I bet they already concidered that or it's just not possible to do.

System Name Ultrabeast GX2
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 4.0GHZ 24/7
Motherboard Gigabit P35-DS3L
Cooling Rosewill RX24, Dual Slot Vid, Fan control
Memory 2x1gb 1066mhz@850MHZ DDR2
Video Card(s) 9800GX2 @ 690/1040
Storage 750/250/250/200 all WD 7200
Display(s) 24" DCLCD 2ms 1200p
Case Apevia
Audio Device(s) 7.1 Digital on-board, 5.1 digital hooked up
Power Supply 700W RAIDMAXXX SLI
Software winXP Pro
Benchmark Scores 17749 3DM06
This makes me frown upon microsoft. Yahoo! is a legendary company, been there since the beginning of the WWW, and microsoft has the cojones to make a move like this. Its like the US telling a country, "we are bigger than you, give us your land or we will attack". I do understand that it is better for the employees and stockholders, but do they have to make it so hostile? i hope that yahoo pulls a fast one on them, and makes them fall on their face.

beyond_amusia

Processor Core i5 M 430
Memory 8 GB DDR3 1066
Storage 500GB
Part of me wants to see it too, but another part want to see MS triumph... I feel very bipolar over the whole thing, lol.

System Name Not named
Processor Intel 8700k @ 5Ghz
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Assassin II
Memory 16GB DDR4 Corsair LPX 3000mhz CL15
Video Card(s) Zotac 1080 Ti AMP EXTREME
Storage Samsung 960 PRO 512GB
Display(s) 24" Dell IPS 1920x1200
Case Fractal Design R5
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Watt Fully Modular
This makes me frown upon microsoft. Yahoo! is a legendary company, been there since the beginning of the WWW, and microsoft has the cojones to make a move like this. Its like the US telling a country, "we are bigger than you, give us your land or we will attack". I do understand that it is better for the employees and stockholders, but do they have to make it so hostile? i hope that yahoo pulls a fast one on them, and makes them fall on their face.

Welcome to the world of business, your company may be 'legendary' but if its slowly been sinking in value and bleeding market share to more aggressive rivals for the past few years something like this is bound to happen. In short microsoft is making the best decision for microsoft and Yahoo! is resisting their downfall.

System Name n.audBl
Processor E8500 @ 3.80GHz
Motherboard ASUS Striker Extreme
Cooling Full liquid (everything except power supply)
Memory 4Gb OCZ DDR2 PC9600
Video Card(s) Dual EVGA GTX 280 SSC Edition
Storage Dual WD Raptor in RAID 0 (300Gb), Dual WD 1Tb Cavair in RAID 1
Display(s) Dell 2407 24" HD+ Widescreen
Case Theraltake Tai-Chi
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Fata1ty (bleh!)
Power Supply Ultra X3 1000W
Software Win 7 64bit
Welcome to the world of business, your company may be 'legendary' but if its slowly been sinking in value and bleeding market share to more aggressive rivals for the past few years something like this is bound to happen. In short microsoft is making the best decision for microsoft and Yahoo! is resisting their downfall.

yup

robodude666

Processor Intel E8400 @ 4GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte EP35
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P w/ dual NF-P12
Memory G.Skill 2x1GB DDR2-800 @ 650MHz
Video Card(s) HD 3870 512MB
Storage WD 250GB, Sammy 80GB, WD 80GB, Seagate 80GB
Display(s) HP w2408h
Case CoolerMaster ATCS 840
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply ThermalTake ToughPower 850w Modular
Software Windows Vista Business 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.04, Windows XP Pro SP2
Hell, if Yahoo! doesn't want to be bought out by Microsoft then Microsoft shouldn't force them to be sold. The letter is total BS in my opinion. Microsoft, or any company no matter how powerful, should never say "We offered them a lot of money, but they didn't accept. wtf? We want to buy you now!"

If you want to buy some random person's McLaren SLR for $20,000 and he doesn't want to sell it then you have no deal. Don't try to force it.

I want Google to buy Yahoo! right now for half of what Microsoft offered just to piss Microsoft off and end this whole Yahoo! stuff.

LOL, even with a merger, Google will still be lightyears ahead for Microsoft. The one thing microsoft has yet to understand is that google is better for one primary reason, they have a better search engine and product that does what it is supposed to do. :laugh:

Joe

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Haha so true. Business economics are so evil and twisted, sometimes you got to love it. I just dont see why MS wants them so bad. Its like they are a crackhead looking for a crackpipe and some crack! HAHA :roll:

Processor i7-3770K
Motherboard Biostar Hi-Fi Z77
Cooling Swiftech H20 (w/Custom External Rad Enclosure)
Memory 16GB DDR3-2400Mhz
Video Card(s) Alienware GTX 1070
Storage 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
Display(s) 32" LG 1440p
Case Cooler Master 690 (w/Mods)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair 750-TX
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard G. Skill Mechanical
Software Windows 10 (X64)
I just worry that if this happens that Microsoft will turn Yahoo's services into something horrible like Microsoft's past/current services (in particular search/email). Maybe Microsoft should put a little more effort into their own products/services.

JrRacinFan

Served 5k and counting ...
System Name Dual Build Streamer
Processor Ryzen 7900x3d : Ryzen 4600G
Motherboard AsRock B650E Steel Legend : Giga B450i Aorus
Cooling Custom Water 1x420 : Stock
Memory 32GB T-Force Deltas : 16GB Dominator Platinums
Video Card(s) PowerColor 7900 XTX Liquid Devil: iGPU
Storage 20+ TB
Display(s) Sammy 49" 5k Ultrawide
Case Custom White Painted Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2
Audio Device(s) Onboard : Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1200W P2
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite White
Keyboard Hyperx Origins 65
Software Windows 10
So wait a moment if this goes through, does this mean Microsoft will now have a controlling peice of how I get my Yahoo! DSL?!

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Processor Intel Kentsfield Q9650 @ 3.8GHz (4.2GHz highest achieved)
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi; X38 NSB, ICH9R SSB
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Memory Dual channel 8GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 @ 1800MHz @ 7-7-7-20 1T
Video Card(s) Quadfire: (2) Sapphire HD5970
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T240 24" (16:10)
Case Cooler Master Stacker 830
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCI-E x1
Power Supply Kingwin Mach1 1200W modular
Software Windows XP Home SP3; Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Benchmark Scores 3m06: 20270 here: http://hwbot.org/user.do?userId=12313
The problem I see with this whole situation is that everyone thinks MS is trying to be nice - I don't think so; everyone has just forgotten how to interpret MS' statments (remember, although they use english, MS seems to speak a different language than everyone else). Here, let me translate the letter:

We have offered Yahoo! what we feel is a generous price for such a, in our opinion, worthless, evil empire. It has been over 2 months since we extended an offer to allow your evil empire to become one with our monopoly, but your complacency has mocked us. Resistance is futile.

We feel that our plan for your assimilation has been fair to this point. We have given you enough time to join the collective freely, but you have failed to play fairly. Resistance is futile.

Over the last two months, our covert attempts to weaken your evil empire have proven successful; as witnessed by your declining shares and visits by outsiders to your evil empire's web pages. Although, you have made attempts at banding together with other evil empires, which will only deny the inevitable, and force us to spend more than your worth; it does not hamper our resiliance. Resistance is futile.

The amount of currency we offered two months ago for your evil empire still stands - although we are considering reducing our offer if you fail to assimilate soon. Resistance is futile, you will become one.

We are now instituting a 3-week countdown before we launch boarding parties to assimilate your shareholders from under your feet. Once we have assimilated your shareholders, your empire cannot stand. The clock is now counting, you will be assimilated, resistance is futile, you will become one.

By ignoring our previous attempts, we feel that you are proving to the world your lack of intelligence, and that your evil empire truly is evil. We have reassesed your threat level, and will be forced to act if you fail to comply. Resistance is futile, you will become one with the Microsoft.

System Name Eric's Battlestation
Processor Core i7 6700k
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
Cooling Fractal Design Celsius S24
Memory Patriot Viper Steel Series DDR4 32GB 3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Mech 6750 XT
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, Intel 660p 2TB
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Power Supply EVGA G2-XR 80 Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Steelseries Rival 3
Keyboard Logitech G810
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Home
The problem I see with this whole situation is that everyone thinks MS is trying to be nice - I don't think so; everyone has just forgotten how to interpret MS' statments (remember, although they use english, MS seems to speak a different language than everyone else). Here, let me translate the letter:

ROFL, wow that was funny as hell! But, I think you hit the nail on the head. "We are Microsoft, we will purchase your company, prepare to sell your stock. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your company will adapt to service our own. Resistance is futile." or even more old school, "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO MICROSOFT".

System Name Becca 2
Processor AMD A10 4600m quad core @ 2.3 ghz
Motherboard dunno
Cooling Logitech alto connect
Memory 16 Gig ddr3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Ati HD 7660G + & 7470M
Storage 1 TB
Audio Device(s) onboard crap
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with sp1
From what ive read ms has given yahoo 3 weeks to make a deal. Its seems there very pushy on this but id say google should stay away from yahoo the got yt and should be happy with that.

System Name The86
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASROCKS B450 Steel Legend
Cooling AMD Stealth
Memory 2x8gb DDR4 3200 Corsair
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage WD Black 512gb, WD Blue 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24in
Case Raidmax Alpha Prime
Power Supply 700W Thermaltake Smart
Mouse Logitech Mx510
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow 2012
Software Windows 10 Professional
im all for an MS take over, it means my 3 shares of yahoo are worth a whole lot more, not saying ill get rich, but i am saying the stock i bought on my 18th birthday in 2005 is loosing value and i spent money on it. Id very much like a company such as MS with assests to buy Yahoo.

System Name The86
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASROCKS B450 Steel Legend
Cooling AMD Stealth
Memory 2x8gb DDR4 3200 Corsair
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage WD Black 512gb, WD Blue 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24in
Case Raidmax Alpha Prime
Power Supply 700W Thermaltake Smart
Mouse Logitech Mx510
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow 2012
Software Windows 10 Professional
ROFL, wow that was funny as hell! But, I think you hit the nail on the head. "We are Microsoft, we will purchase your company, prepare to sell your stock. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your company will adapt to service our own. Resistance is futile." or even more old school, "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO MICROSOFT".

this fits MS well

Date: Mon, 15 Aug 1994 07:21:34 +0000
Subject: A joke that Mac & ST:TNG fans will love

A friend of mine sent me this little piece. Enjoy.

>"Star Trek Lost Episodes" transcript.
>.
><Picard> "Mr. LaForge, have you had any success with your
>attempts at finding a weakness with the Borg? And Mr. Data,
>have you been able to access their command pathways?"
>.
><Geordi> "Yes, Captain. In fact, we found the answer by
>searching through our archives on late twentieth-century
>computing technology."
>.
><Geordi presses a key, and a logo appears on the computer
>screen.>
>.
><Riker looks puzzled.> "What the hell is 'Microsoft'?"
>.
><Data turns to answer.> "Allow me to explain. We will send
>this program, for some reason called 'Windows,' through
>the Borg command pathways. Once inside their root com-
>mand unit, it will begin consuming system resources at an
>unstoppable rate."
>.
><Picard> "But the Borg have the ability to adapt. Won't
>they alter their processing systems to increase their storage
>capacity?"
>.
><Data> "Yes, Captain. But when 'Windows' detects this, it
>will create a new version of itself called an 'upgrade.' The
>use of resources increases exponentially with each iteration.
>The Borg will not be able to adapt quickly enough.
>Eventually all of their processing ability will be taken over
>and none will be available for their normal operational
>functions."
>.
><Picard> "Excellent work. This is even better than that
>'unsolvable geometric shape' idea."
>.
><. . . 15 minutes later . . .>
>.
><Data> "Captain, we have successfully installed the
>'Windows' in the command unit and, as expected, it
>immediately consumed 85% of all resources. We, however,
>have not received any confirmation of the expected
>'upgrade.'"
>.
><Geordi> "Our scanners have picked up an increase in Borg
>storage and CPU capacity to compensate, but we still have no
>indication of an 'upgrade' to compensate for their increase."
>.
><Picard> "Data, scan the history books again and determine
>if there is something we have missed."
>.
><Data> "Sir, I believe there is a reason for the failure in the
>'upgrade.' Apparently the Borg have circumvented that part
>of the plan by not sending in their 'registration cards.'"
>.
><Riker> "Captain, we have no choice. Requesting
>permission to begin emergency escape sequence 3F . . ."
>.
><Geordi, excited> "Wait, Captain, I just detected that their
>CPU capacity has suddenly dropped to 0%!"
>.
><Picard> "Data, what do your scanners show?"
>.
><Data> "Apparently the Borg have found the internal
>'Windows' module named 'solitaire' and it has used up all
>the CPU capacity."
>.
><Picard> "Let's wait and see how long this 'solitaire' can
>reduce their functionality."
>.
><. . . Two hours pass . . .>
>.
><Riker> "Geordi, what's the status of the Borg?"
>.
><Geordi> "As expected the Borg are attempting to re-
>engineer to compensate for increased CPU and storage
>demands, but each time they successfully increase resources
>I have set up our closest deep space monitor beacon to
>transmit more 'Windows' modules from something called
>the 'Microsoft fun-pack.'"
>.
><Picard> "How much time will that buy us?"
>.
><Data> "Current Borg solution rates allow me to predict an
>interest time span of 6 more hours."
>.
><Geordi> "Captain, another vessel has entered our sector."
>.
><Picard> "Identify."
>.
><Data> "It appears to have markings similar to the
>'Microsoft' logo."
>.
><Over the speakers> "THIS IS ADMIRAL BILL GATES
>OF THE MICROSOFT FLAGSHIP MONOPOLY. WE
>HAVE POSITIVE CONFIRMATION OF UN-
>REGISTERED SOFTWARE IN THIS SECTOR.
>SURRENDER ALL ASSETS AND WE CAN AVOID ANY
>TROUBLE. YOU HAVE TEN SECONDS."
>.
><Data> "The alien ship has just opened its forward hatches
>and released thousands of humanoid shaped objects."
>.
><Picard> "Magnify forward viewer on the alien craft."
>.
><Riker> "Good God Captain! Those are humans floating
>straight toward the Borg ship with no life support suits!
>How can they survive the tortures of deep space?!"
>.
><Data> "I do not believe that those are humans sir; if you will
>look closer, I believe you will see that they are carrying
>something recognized in the twenty-first century as doe-skin
>leather briefcases, and wearing Armani suits."
>.
><Riker and Picard together horrified> "Lawyers!!"
>.
><Geordi> "It can't be. All the lawyers were rounded up and
>sent hurtling into the sun in 2017 during the great awaken-
>ing."
>.
><Data> "True, but apparently some must have survived."
>.
><Riker> "They have surrounded the Borg ship and are
>covering it with all types of papers."
>.
><Data> "I believe that is known in ancient vernacular as 'red
>tape.' It often proves fatal.
>.
><Riker> "They're tearing the Borg to pieces!"
>.
><Picard> "Turn off the monitors. I can't stand to watch. Not
>even the Borg deserve that."

Dangle

System Name Vista
Processor Q6600
Memory 2GB Corsair 800mhz
Video Card(s) 2900XT
Storage 300GB 7.2kRPM Seagate for OS; 74GB 10kRPM WD for Games
Audio Device(s) XFi
Power Supply 750W
If you want to buy some random person's McLaren SLR for $20,000 and he doesn't want to sell it then you have no deal.
Wrong analogy. MS offered WAAAAAY more than yahoo is worth.

I hope MS buys them out. Then google won't have such a stranglehold on the market and there'll be some fierce competition. If you think google having a monopoly on the internet is good, please switch out of your liberal arts courses and take some econ or business classes...

BrankoJ

Processor Intel Core T7200 2.56Ghz @ 3.368
Motherboard Asus P5K P35
Cooling CM HyperTX
Memory 2x1Gb Kingmax Mars DDR2 1066 + 2x1Gb Kingston HyperX 1066
Video Card(s) EAH3850 512Mb BiosOC 760/1008
Storage WD 640Gb + USB 2.5" WD Passport 250Gb
Display(s) Philips 200vw 20"
Case CM Centurion2
Audio Device(s) Aureon 7.1 + Logitech X550
Power Supply CM RealPower 620 Modular
Software Win XP Pro SP2
Benchmark Scores 3DMark2006 = 11280
Yahoo knows that they have to sell to someone, and they want to be sold. They only played game to get better share price.

hacker111

I saw in the paper...that Microsoft has put up a $44 billion bid just for yahoo...the first offer was $4.4 billion..What the hell is yahoo doing? $44 billion for the company? I dont know how mch they make ect..but this seems likea hell of agood deal!:slap:

System Name Ultrabeast GX2
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 4.0GHZ 24/7
Motherboard Gigabit P35-DS3L
Cooling Rosewill RX24, Dual Slot Vid, Fan control
Memory 2x1gb 1066mhz@850MHZ DDR2
Video Card(s) 9800GX2 @ 690/1040
Storage 750/250/250/200 all WD 7200
Display(s) 24" DCLCD 2ms 1200p
Case Apevia
Audio Device(s) 7.1 Digital on-board, 5.1 digital hooked up
Power Supply 700W RAIDMAXXX SLI
Software winXP Pro
Benchmark Scores 17749 3DM06

The aquisition is probably a good idea for Yahoo!, they have been having to lay off, and their competition with Google is destroying them. I need no "welcome" into the world of business, what I said prior was simply emotion, not stated on any fact. Ive been using yahoo! for years, my website is hosted through Yahoo!, and thus far I have been happy with their product. If microsoft can upgrade what they have already done, instead of changing it completely, that would be great for me, otherwise I might have to choose another host.

I saw in the paper...that Microsoft has put up a $44 billion bid just for yahoo...the first offer was $4.4 billion..What the hell is yahoo doing? $44 billion for the company? I dont know how mch they make ect..but this seems likea hell of agood deal!
The reason they wont take that mega generous offer is because the guys making the decision to say no to it, are the same people who will be demoted or lose their job after the company has been taken over, especially now that they have just pissed off the giant. They are on the highhorse with their big heads, and refuse to be removed, even if it is bad for their 14,000 employees.

Last edited:

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Used Yahoo many years now all though i have a MSN account and a GMail too i don't use the later 2.

Can Google acutaly buy them ? would that make them own to much of the market ?..

MS buys Yahoo i'll look else were for a e-mail account..

Used Yahoo many years now all though i have a MSN account and a GMail too i don't use the later 2.

Can Google acutaly buy them ? would that make them own to much of the market ?..

MS buys Yahoo i'll look else were for a e-mail account..

I have to agree, I looked else were not long after MS took over hotmail : (

BumbRush

i dont see google as evil or a monopoly, other options excist, and MS sucks, they will WILL ruin YIM.

msn/wlm sucks, its buggy, unreliable, oh yeah and did i mention its UNRELIABLE? their networks been booting people for months now, hell i like MANY others tryed WLM and ended up unable to log back in after the network kicked me, this lasted 3 days, i removed WLM and went back to pidgin and bam works.........

yahoo on the other hand NEVER boots me, and even in beta yahoo9 is more stable and its file send ALWASE works....