• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft to Deliver BT Vision Content via Xbox 360

Jimmy 2004

System Name Jimmy 2004's PC
Processor S754 AMD Athlon64 3200+ @ 2640MHz
Motherboard ASUS K8N
Cooling AC Freezer 64 Pro + Zalman VF1000 + 5x120mm Antec TriCool Case Fans
Memory 1GB Kingston PC3200 (2x512MB)
Video Card(s) Saphire 256MB X800 GTO @ 450MHz/560MHz (Core/Memory)
Storage 500GB Western Digital SATA II + 80GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA
Display(s) Digimate 17" TFT (1280x1024)
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Audigy 4 + Creative Inspire T7900 7.1 Speakers
Power Supply Corsair HX520W
Software Windows XP Home
Microsoft Corp. and telecommunications leader BT announced they are bringing together the next-generation TV service BT Vision with Microsoft's Xbox 360 games and entertainment system. All BT broadband customers will have the unique opportunity to receive the best in high-definition gaming, television and movies through an Xbox 360 console, in a powerful, all-in-one entertainment experience. BT Vision, which is powered by the Microsoft Mediaroom Internet Protocol TV (IPTV) platform, plans to make this first-of-its-kind device and service offering available to customers in the middle of 2008. The announcement was made during the keynote address by Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates and Microsoft President Robbie Bach of the Entertainment & Devices Division at 2008 International CES on Jan. 6.

The groundbreaking partnership will enable any BT Broadband customer to use an Xbox 360 console to access the BT Vision service and its extensive library of on-demand content, giving instant access to hundreds of movies and thousands of hours of sporting events, television programming, music videos and other digital content, such as BT Vision Sport's 242 "near-live" FA Premier League football matches.

BT Vision customers with an Xbox 360 console will gain the option of accessing BT Vision from either the Xbox 360 console or a set-top-box. The service will be available to existing and future Xbox 360 console owners.

BT Vision on Xbox will combine the richness of the Microsoft Mediaroom-enabled TV service with the benefits of next-generation gaming, as well as unique new capabilities that the integrated solution brings. Xbox LIVE, the largest online social network in the living room, will be seamlessly integrated into the experience, providing consumers with a wide range of community-based features, such as voice chat, sending and receiving text and voice messages, and accessing Xbox LIVE Marketplace, all while watching TV. For example, while a TV viewer is enjoying his favorite football game, he can receive a message from a friend inviting him to join a voice chat, or they could play a game of their own with EA SPORTS "FIFA Soccer."

"We are pleased to partner with Microsoft to deliver a truly compelling connected entertainment experience to our customers," said Dan Marks, CEO of BT Vision. "For the first time consumers in the U.K. will be able to experience the advantages of an advanced TV service together with the benefits of next-generation gaming. Our aim is to provide BT Vision on multiple platforms - giving customers greater convenience, control and flexibility over what they watch, when they watch and how they watch TV. It also means that we are able to potentially expand our BT Vision customer base by tapping into the popularity of Xbox 360."

"This is an exciting moment in home entertainment," said Enrique Rodriguez, corporate vice president of the Connected Television Division at Microsoft. "Last year at CES, we announced Xbox 360 on Microsoft Mediaroom as a powerful platform capable of enabling new entertainment experiences for consumers, and we are pleased to team with BT to bring this service to market. Together we are enabling BT Vision customers to be the first in the world to enjoy this next-generation TV and gaming entertainment experience."

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

effmaster

Processor Core Duo T2250 1.73 GHZ
Memory 2 GB DDR2
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GEForce Go 7600 256 MB
Storage 120 GB
Display(s) 17 inch notebook
Case metallic grey
Audio Device(s) Creative xmod (though that doesnt really count as a sound card lol)
Power Supply power plug and battery
Software Lots of it
BT Vision, which is powered by the Microsoft Mediaroom Internet Protocol TV (IPTV) platform, plans to make this first-of-its-kind device and service offering available to customers in the middle of 2008.

Middle of 2008thats when the next Xbox 360 update is hooray:respect::respect:

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Damn UK'ers have more bandwidth than us in the US. :D Lucky bastards.

damn if only bt had an afordable and realiable broadband and phone service, lol id like to see how many bt phone and braodband owner s have a xbox 360

this would be good if it was just for any xbox user not just bt ones

oh well sounds like a good ised but wont pan out that way

we dont get a lot of bandwidth coz it comes with a price and depends where you live in the uk aswell

System Name Daedalus | O'Neill | ZPM Hive |
Processor M3 Pro (11/14) | Epyc 7402p | i5 12400F |
Motherboard Apple M3 Pro | SM H11SSL-i | TUF B660M-E D4 |
Cooling Pure Silence | Noctua NH-U12S TR4 | Noctua NH-D14 |
Memory 18GB Unified | 128GB DDR4 | 16GB DDR4 |
Video Card(s) M3 Pro | RTX 4070FE (VM) | ARC A750 LE |
Storage 512GB NVME | ALOT of SSD's | 1TB NVME |
Display(s) 14" 3024x1964 | IPMI | 1440p UW |
Case Macbook Pro 14" | NZXT H510 Flow| BC1 Test Bench |
Audio Device(s) Onboard | None | Onboard |
Power Supply ~ 77w Magsafe | EVGA 750w G3 | HX1000i |
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL
Software MacOS Sonoma | Proxmox 8 | Win 11 x64 |
damn if only bt had an afordable and realiable broadband and phone service, lol id like to see how many bt phone and braodband owner s have a xbox 360

I have BT broadband and two 360's. My internet connection costs me roughly £10 a month on top of my normal phone bill (also BT).

Despite being on the cheapest BT package I have never had issues with bandwidth limitation. Speed is ok and online gaming is fine (on any of my consoles and the pc)

So remind me what was the point of your post again?