• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Minecraft Gets Cross-Play Update on PS4

AleksandarK

Staff member
Players of Minecraft on PlayStation 4 rejoice! Minecraft is now getting an update on the PS4 platform that enables all PlayStation users to gain access to cross-play features, so they are now able to play with millions of other players on Xbox, PC, Switch, iOS, Android, and even Samsung Gear VR platform. In the so-called "Bedrock Edition" update that arrives today, Microsoft will push new features to Minecraft and connect millions of players.

In the words of Microsoft's game studio boss Helen Chiang: "One of Minecraft's core missions is to connect players across devices and provide the best experience regardless of platform. We continue to fulfill that mission here today by welcoming PS4 players to Minecraft on Bedrock and growing our cross-platform multiplayer community".

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 7500 Kaby Lake
Motherboard AsRock MicroATX Z170M Extreme4
Cooling Stock
Memory 2x 16 Gb Gskill Ripjaws 2400
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 5700
Storage Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB m.2 NVMe + Samsung 860 EVO 2 TB SATA3 SSD
Display(s) LG 34GK950F-B 34" 21:9 Ultragear WQHD Nano IPS Curved Gaming Monitor with Radeon FreeSync 2
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic SSR-650GD Flagship Prime Series 650W Gold
Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
Keyboard Corsair K63 Wireless
Software Windows 10
This is excellent news for my family. I have two nephews who play it on PS4, and my niece does on Switch and sometimes me on PC.

Same.

System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7 11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200/C16 32GB
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC
Storage Crucial P5 1TB, Crucial BX500 1TB, Crucial BX500 2TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Fractal Design Define 7
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, don't care. As long as my games runs smooth.
If only the game looked like in that render.

If only the game looked like in that render.

A lot of people would argue the reason Minecraft was so successful is because it leaves a lot to the imagination, if Minecraft was launched right now and never heard of with Unreal Engine 4 next level graphics, I doubt it would be successful. I might be wrong, but I think that is why a lot of kids in particular are drawn to it.

A lot of people would argue the reason Minecraft was so successful is because it leaves a lot to the imagination, if Minecraft was launched right now and never heard of with Unreal Engine 4 next level graphics, I doubt it would be successful. I might be wrong, but I think that is why a lot of kids in particular are drawn to it.
Minecraft's success is related to the fact that it was the first voxel based crafting game and, after a few versions, it's crafting/building system was so advanced.