• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mining - Your advice Please !

Zaid Al-Hayani

Hello, From Iraq

Dears,

- I Want To Start Mining and looking For Advice About GPU and Best Guide To start in ..

Notice :- GPU Is very Expansive here cuz many ppl Start Mining and Costs jump to 10% on old price

Regards ...

System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple Silicon M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple Silicon M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
Software macOS Ventura 13 (including latest patches)
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
Don't do it if you need to buy a GPU.

It probably takes 18-24 months mining 24x7x365 to break even with a GPU purchased at today's street prices. Now if you had a couple of unused RX 580s sitting around that you bought at $180 apiece, one might reconsider.

Generally speaking, cryptocurrency mining is a bust for the typical consumer who doesn't have a super low electricity rate. For you to turn a profit, you basically need to commit to 3-5 years of nonstop mining. The GPUs will be worthless at the end. GPUs running at full load have noisy fans and generate tons of heat. You don't want to run a mining rig in your bedroom or living room.

Most of the cryptocurrency mining calculators vastly underestimate the electricity rates. They rarely take into account additional mining expenses like pool fees.

If you had a $5000 budget to mine cryptocurrency, you are better off buying $5000 in cryptocurrency and swing trading it.

Anyhow, that's my advice.

Last edited:
Anyhow, that's my advice.

I guess he did not expect so much truth in just one post ehhe, usually they are used with sheeps telling them to sell their house and everything they own to buy coins or gpus for mining, most of them think mining is easy money, the same goes for trading, most of them think that trading is easy money too. They have no idea they are going through a huge manipulation and soon all their gains in last 18 months will disappear in few minutes when the crypto market crashes, the hehell crash is closer and closer now.

r9

System Name Primary|Secondary|Poweredge r410|Dell XPS|SteamDeck
Processor i7 11700k|i7 9700k|2 x E5620 |i5 5500U|Zen 2 4c/8t
Memory 32GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|32GB ECC DDR3|8GB DDR4|16GB LPDDR5
Video Card(s) RX 7800xt|RX 6700xt |On-Board|On-Board|8 RDNA 2 CUs
Storage 2TB m.2|512GB SSD+1TB SSD|2x256GBSSD 2x2TBGB|256GB sata|512GB nvme
Display(s) 50" 4k TV | Dell 27" |22" |3.3"|7"
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+ | Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 Pro|Windows 10 Pro|Windows 10 Home| Server 2012 r2|Windows 10 Pro
Just sell your house and everything you own to buy gpus. It's easy money.