• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mionix NAOS & AVIOR 7000

Mionix's newest version of the NAOS and AVIOR designs get put to the test. Both feature the newest IR-LED sensor from Avago, the ADNS-3310. We take them for a spin to see how they perform in comparison to their previous versions!

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a Razer Diamondback 3G before, but it finally gave in to years of my furious game raging, it lasted well but nothing lasts forever, I wasn't really happy with the newer Razer offerings (I prefer a very ambidextrous mouse - and a Razer has a habit of making side buttons out of rubber that tends to get degraded and "rott" after a while - I loved the DiamondBack as a mouse but the side buttons degraded into a terrible sticky mess over the years) , so I got the Avior 7000 Last month - Apart from a very weak Macro writer it is fantastic, Love it.

Lovely buttons , great feedback from the wheel roll, none of that gummy rubber on the buttons.

The whole build & weight is just perfect for me (Mostly FPS and Strategy) - If there is anything about it that disappointed me it is the Macro writer. I had hoped for functionality along the lines of XPadder - but perhaps that is just too much to ask.

I cant really seem to find any way of assigning anything other than simple keyboard button and click sequences to a button - no apparent ability to issue mouse movements , or repeat, or toggle macros.

I wanted this mainly because I like to use side buttons for rapid clicking (Think Diablo combat) to save devastating my main click buttons - But I managed it with an AutoHotkey script - so its all good overall - just again, very disappointed that so little market research went into the macro writer in the software. Repeat, Repeat Delay, Toggle, and Mouse Up/Down/Left/Right are very standard macro functions these days - there really is no excuse for failing there.

But that's just a software issue, who knows perhaps it gets improved in later software.

As for the mouse hardware itself - very nice, and very happy with it :)

Last edited:
System Name Shoebox Sandwich | Razer Blade 14 | Synology DS418 w/ 4X8TB WD Red | iPhone 15 Pro
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX
Motherboard ASRock B650E PG-ITX WiFi | Razer thing
Cooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB w/ Lian Li P28 + Corsair AF120 Slim | Double fan vapour chamber
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 2x16GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5 | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB
Storage Seagate FireCuda 520 2TB + Lexar NM790 4TB | 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB NVMe external SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW & Sony A90K 42" | 14" QHD IPS 165Hz & Sony X90J 65" 4K TV
Case FormD T1 - v2.1 - Titanium colourway w Aluminium mesh | Razer Blade 14
Audio Device(s) Schiit Hel 2E (Focal Clear & HiFiMAN HE-4XX & DROP PC38X) | Samsung Q950A
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum | Razer 230W brick
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate Mercury | Roccat Kain 202
Keyboard DIY Geek 64 PCB (Kailh Box Deep Sea - Matcha XDA Keycaps) | Corsair K63
VR HMD Oculus Quest
Software Windows 11 Home | Windows 11 Home
Benchmark Scores 2022 MINI Countryman SE PHEV Hybrid ALL4 | British Racing Green| Malt Brown Interior| YOURS Trim
I've had a NAOS 3200 now for probably about 5 months and I love it. Not jam packed with buttons which I find good so you can lift up the mouse without doing something crazy in a game or something. SUPER comfortable, been to a friends house for a LAN and gamed for many, many hours without my hand or arm getting aches - the only other mouse I've had that is as good for comfort is a sidewinder x8 (personal preference though). The 3200 is all I need as well so it was nice being able to save ~$30-$40 going for the 3200 over the 8200. Nice cable too and superb build quality and button feedback/motion.

System Name Acer Aspire V3-571G
Processor Core i3 3110M Dual Core 2.4 GHz Ivy Bridge
Motherboard Intel HM77
Memory 4Gb DDR3 1333 MHz Dual Channel
Video Card(s) Intel HD Graphics 4000/NVIDIA GeForce GT630M
Storage Kingston V300 120Gb SATA3 SSD
Display(s) Asus VS239H 23-inch AH-IPS Monitor
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD with Dolby™ Digital Plus
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Tunable Gaming Mouse + Corsair MM400 Hard Plastic Gaming Mouse Mat
Keyboard Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Romer-G Switches by Omron and Logitech
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Nah, nevermind me then xD
I really like the ambidextrous shape of that AVIOR mouse, seems really nice. Hardly I can buy it in my country anyway, nobody sells Mionix. Other brands like Razer, SteelSeries, Logitech, Corsair, Filco, ... are already here for a while.

I wish the Naos 7000 had three thumb buttons instead of just two. I am so used to my Logitech G500's third thumb button to use as an extra key in games.