1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mobo Switch 680i LT to 680i Reinstall OS Necessary?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by pepsi71ocean, Jun 4, 2008.

1. pepsi71ocean New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey all, i finally got my new mobo for my Upgrade for the computer.

Its a EVGA 680i A1 rev Mobo. I'm upgrading it from a EVGA 680i LT T1 rev of the board. The question is is it necessary to reinstall windows? Everything else is staying the same, Same Q6600, same graphics card and everything.

I don't think an OS reinstall is necessary since its going from the LT tot he Full version of the mobo, but i though i would post a topic about it to see what you all think.

Oh, i forgot to add that I'm doing several upgrades to the new mobo, mainly TIM replacement on the NB/SB and the Memorvcy chipsets. a few other things like pencil mod and what not.

SO what are your thoughts on this? I'm afraid that if i take it all apart and that it won't boot with he new mobo it will take a long time to reassemble and transfer the data and what not, it would just drive me nuts. Considering im already nuts over wanting this upgrade.

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. dark2099

dark2099

Thanks Received:
    I am no expert, but I think in reading another topic similar to this one most people said it probably wouldn't be necessary. I generally do I think just to be sure, but thats me.

3. pepsi71ocean New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanks dark2099, Any other suggestions?

10 Year Member at TPU