• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ModRight ModMat Review

Hello Everyone!
Today I am reviewing the ModRight ModMat thanks to FrozenCPU

PLEASE NOTE I SAID IT WAS OK TO SEND A MISPRINT FAN SPACING CHART ON THE MOD-MAT

First here is some Details about it...
1200mm x 600mm which is over 47" x 23
Anti-Static Wrist Strap Included (26" unstretched)
Grounding Wire Clip Included (26" unstretched)
Oversized Work Area Allows All Parts To Be Laid Out Safely Making Installation Easier.
Surface Safe For ALL COMPONENTS Including PCB Boards, RAM, VGA Cards, and Expansion Cards.
Non Scratch Surface Keeps High Finish Parts and Side Panels From Blemish (aka liquid cooling radiators, custom mod parts, and Window Panels)
Easy Transport Carrying Box w/ Handle
Fan Spacing Chart From 40mm to 140mm
Inch and Millimeter Rulers For Handy Measurements
Snaps for Anti-static Strap and Ground are Now Moved to the Top For More Work Space.

Heres some Pictures of the packaging

This is a anti-static mat/Workspace,(To me at-least) for your computer hardware Handling the need to keep your components safe outside of the box.
Its made of Rubber so straight off it will not conduct static, It comes with TWO snap in Grounding points that are so to say Stapled in but not with staples.

Also have included a Grounding strap with a Elastic wrist strap to attach to yourself to the mod-mat, also a alligator Clip from the mod-mat to the case.
The length of these cables alone are More then enough to do anything on the surface, including extra length if you have to grab something outside the area you are working on.

They even give you a nice little handle on the Box it comes in which seems durable as the package serves as a Case to the Mod-Mat and allows easy storage and carrying from place to place.

Now, as I said above, I did note that I said it was fine if they had a Miss Printed mod-mat and that it was fine to send it to me.

So as mine is misprinted, I can still tell its a 120mm/140mm fan ect. Because the corner of the fans lineup with the Center marker points in each circle for the fan holes.

This is just a nice handy thing to have on it just because if you have Smaller fans to larger fans, You can tell what each on is ESPECIALLY if you had them a long time and don't have it labeled.
Also handy if you want to make something that fits each fan, like lets say a Side panel Acrylic window? You can make sure you dont make a mistake, as well as not scratch the surface if you need to drill the holes but have no way of Marking where first.

What I found that was maybe more useful to Modders then just a regular system builder is the fact it came with Inch and Millimeter rulers on it, and they are DEAD ACCURATE.
Which is Necessary if you make a ruler on any product because if it is Slightly off it can ruin what you are making.
There are 20inches on the Right side area 0inches to 20inches from top to bottom and 80CM on the are 0cm middle left bottom to 80cm the right bottom.
(First one is Inches, Second is Millimeters)

Now just to show you how big the space is, that's 1200mm x 600mm which is over 47" x 23

Its a Incredible amount of room for a anti-static work space, Here just to show you, it can fit quite a amount of hardware on it, but Im going to show you what it can fit regarding the Boxes everything comes in for a more FILLING area.
Sadly my case is Pretty huge as it is a Haf-X so I'm not going to include it due to picture reasons.

I fit two GPU boxes, a PSU box, and a E-ATX Motherboard Box with the Mod-Mat and 2 120mm fans with some room to spare still.

Putting it away is as easy as rolling it back up and putting it right in the box. The handle makes it easy to carry around.

Honestly, for 40$ from FrozenCPU you cant go wrong as you will pay MORE for less or Less for the same price.
If you were to buy another Mat similar to this, you can also be paying 3x the cost or even more some places.

I've had a wonderful experience with this ModMat from ModRight and I hope to see more amazing products from them in the upcoming years.
I would just simply have to say this is a MUST BUY for ANYONE.

There's only one con and that would have to be...
-Preferably have the Grounding points Vertical instead of Horizontal to fit cases in that general area

Overall it has to get a 5/5

Since I also work on the Floor and stepped on it here and there, It was easy to clean off with just some wipes so if you get some TIM or something on it, will come off easily.

Please feel free to ask me something if you would like a Pic or Information regarding it in general.

Thanks for reading!

Since I got asked a question before on how Thick it was, thought I would also post it here Just incase.
I do not have anything to really measure the thickness so I am comparing it to a Memory's PCB thickness in the picture below.
it's quite thin anyways so im sure alot of you would love this.

System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]
This is up there on the most pointless tech related wastes of money I've seen

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
This is up there on the most pointless tech related wastes of money I've seen

And your post is just as pointless. Congrats.

System Name Homelabs
Processor Ryzen 5900x | Ryzen 1920X
Motherboard Asus ProArt x570 Creator | AsRock X399 fatal1ty gaming
Cooling Silent Loop 2 280mm | Dark Rock Pro TR4
Memory 128GB (4x32gb) DDR4 3600Mhz | 128GB (8x16GB) DDR4 2933Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 | ASUS Strix GTX 970
Storage Optane 900p + NVMe | Optane 900p + 8TB SATA SSDs + 48TB HDDs
Display(s) Alienware AW3423dw QD-OLED | HP Omen 32 1440p
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 | be quiet! Silent Base 800
Power Supply Corsair RM750x + sleeved cables| EVGA P2 750W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate (still has buttons on the right side, crucial as I'm a southpaw)
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite, Pro Type | Logitech G915 TKL
preventing scratches on your floor and anti-static is not a waste, especially when working with more sensitive things like the inside of routers ie: not just standard PC components, this IS useful, if you do alot of builds might as well buy this, especially at this price

N-ster thats one way to put it such as preventing scratches on your floor, but also prevents scratches on your Freshly painted case if you did so.

Shibdib, I think you are not looking at this the correct way as I would love to know why its a waste, especially for a anti-static workspace alone.

Alot of people get sick of using antistatic bags and foam all around their area making a cluster when they can simply lay it down on this and be 100% worry free.

System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]
If your having static problems while building a pc ur doing it wrong.

And if you dont want to scratch up a countertop then stop building pc's on your moms kitchen table.

System Name Homelabs
Processor Ryzen 5900x | Ryzen 1920X
Motherboard Asus ProArt x570 Creator | AsRock X399 fatal1ty gaming
Cooling Silent Loop 2 280mm | Dark Rock Pro TR4
Memory 128GB (4x32gb) DDR4 3600Mhz | 128GB (8x16GB) DDR4 2933Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 | ASUS Strix GTX 970
Storage Optane 900p + NVMe | Optane 900p + 8TB SATA SSDs + 48TB HDDs
Display(s) Alienware AW3423dw QD-OLED | HP Omen 32 1440p
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 | be quiet! Silent Base 800
Power Supply Corsair RM750x + sleeved cables| EVGA P2 750W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate (still has buttons on the right side, crucial as I'm a southpaw)
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite, Pro Type | Logitech G915 TKL
how about on your wooden floor?

and while consumer PCs rarely have static problems, there are more specific cards/electronics that do

System Name Ultrabeast GX2
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 4.0GHZ 24/7
Motherboard Gigabit P35-DS3L
Cooling Rosewill RX24, Dual Slot Vid, Fan control
Memory 2x1gb 1066mhz@850MHZ DDR2
Video Card(s) 9800GX2 @ 690/1040
Storage 750/250/250/200 all WD 7200
Display(s) 24" DCLCD 2ms 1200p
Case Apevia
Audio Device(s) 7.1 Digital on-board, 5.1 digital hooked up
Power Supply 700W RAIDMAXXX SLI
Software winXP Pro
Benchmark Scores 17749 3DM06
If your having static problems while building a pc ur doing it wrong.

And if you dont want to scratch up a countertop then stop building pc's on your moms kitchen table.

not everyone has a workbench in their living room, and please tell me you aren't doing this work on your carpet.

I agree that this is more or less useless for home, but for work it would be more useful.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
I bought one specifically due to the fact that after 5-6 years my desktop looks like poop. So with me spending this little bit I saved a ton of money on a new desk. I also like that I can clean it simply with just a bit of cloth and simply water, and it looks brand new!